unholy in pvp?

Death Knight
Just getting back into my dk is unholy pretty decent in pvp as in rbgs and arena? Or is frost just so much better then unholy? and if frost is better is Dw better then two-hand in pvp and is frost presence the one you stay in at all times?

Thank you
From what I have seen\tried this season is this:

Frost is slightly better this season, but a person who knows how to play Unholy can match a Frost's damage in arenas or rbgs.

Frost is just capable of more burst\crits.

Unholy is does real well with pressuring the other team's healer with all the diseases and necrotic strikes. Plus we have an extra stun with our pet.

In 5.2 Unholy will be the preferred PvP spec, but Frost will still do well IMO.
As frost you stay in frost pres ,and from what i've seen 2h is preferred.
I don't think the changes will force players to go Unholy the way they feel "forced" to go Frost now. Frost will still be fully viable. None of these changes makes Unholy seem OP to me. The really good buffs (1 minute Strang) apply to both.
Couple of things. First, the Asphyxiate CD is 30 seconds now, not 1 minute. Secondly, UH is not going to be the better spec for everything. It's all going to be based around the comp you play and what your preferred play style is. UH will be better in comps like Shadowcleave, whereas Frost will be superior for comps like TSG. There has been some recent testing that shows that with the update to Asphyxiate going in, that DW Frost will be an amazing spec (It already kind of is) because you will have more utility with stun being free and with being able to save runes from Obliterate and use them on CoI.

Also, with our tier 6 talents kind of being crap, Desecrated ground can be used in place of your CC removal trinket and you can just wear both dmg trinkets. This will increase the constant pressure you can put out as DW Frost, and of course with the runes being freed-up from Obliterate not being used you can find more burst opportunities.

Again though, it will all come down to how you like to play.
Meh losing strang is too much a blow (that and mobility) to take asphyxiate even if it is a 30 sec stun. Maybe if it didn't have a CD it would be useful but as it stands we loose the best silence in the game for it and a mobility talent which we sorely need as we have 0 mobility baseline.

TDLR: UH buffs will bring some people back to UH, play what you want but do realize UH will still put out inferior pressure due to doing less damage (yes even with necro)
Meh losing strang is too much a blow (that and mobility) to take asphyxiate even if it is a 30 sec stun. Maybe if it didn't have a CD it would be useful but as it stands we loose the best silence in the game for it and a mobility talent which we sorely need as we have 0 mobility baseline.

TDLR: UH buffs will bring some people back to UH, play what you want but do realize UH will still put out inferior pressure due to doing less damage (yes even with necro)

I respect your opinion. Yet, theoretically Unholy should do less damage, gain less killing blows, and be less effective in a battleground environment. But things don't always follow simulations or theory. Battlegrounds are dynamic and always different based on composition of teams and player specs and skills. Both Unholy and Frost can be played to dominate, you just have to know what you can and cannot do. These two specs are like mirrors of each other, they both have similar attacks but just do them in different ways. You can still get 25-30 killing blows and 35 million(or more) damage in a regular bg or rated bg if you play the right way.