Fishing - Turtle mount.

Professions
Do I need to have a certain level of fishing to catch this mount?

I know a guy who caught it but he had capped fishing +125 to fishing equipped
I do not believe you have to have any particular skill in fishing, though by the time you finally fish one out of a pool, you're likely to be pretty skilled.
You need to fish in pools.

If their is a minimum level its long way short of max. But its purely random and your at 23 fish caught. I was well over 10k when I caught mine.
16k achievement points O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got mine back in Cata, and I know I caught it well before I was at 525, but I don't remember exactly what my skill was -- I'd guess 250 or so. Somebody on this forum once mentioned seeing a guildy fish it up (and get the achievement) and then shortly afterward get the "25 fish" achievement, but I can't confirm that one.
According to El's Anglin, Only level 5 is required to train fishing and catch the turtle.

http://www.elsanglin.com/catching_sea_turtle.html#level
I (finally) got mine a few weeks ago fishing for Jewel Danio (pools in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms) for raid. I have 600 fishing but since I was fishing solely from pools while waiting for a dungeon pop, I did not have a fishing pole equipped.
I recently caught mine with a level 90 toon that had fishing under 125.
I was very lucky, just fishing a pool waiting for a lfr queue to pop, not even trying for the turtle.

It's all about the RNG....

P.S.
it says the turtle improves swim speed.
By how much? Does anybody know?
I got my mount yesterday while fishing in Pandaria.

There is no fishing skill required, only be level 5.
Fish from pools.

Swim speed buff brings you to 108% speed in water.
Level 1 fishing in any Northrend, Cataclysm or Pandaria zones.
02/15/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Lorisha
Level 1 fishing in any Northrend, Cataclysm or Pandaria zones.

Also Darkmoon Faire. My brother and I both caught one there in the same week.

But beware, it's a joke of a mount. It looks like a desert tortoise and moves like one in water and on land. If they'd wanted to call it a sea turtle, they should have provided something that resembled one.
Yeah, but flippers don't really translate well to landwalking.

Though I caught mine on my drood at the exact moment I got my 1k fish achievement! =D