Prot Paladins in RBGs

Paladin
I'm doing a massive edit of the this post and including suggestions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prot paladins still lack the utility necessary to make them desirable in RBGs. It seems that blizzard is completely ignoring us. The Grand Crusader changes are a pvp utility (silence and daze) nerf. Its unnecessary in pve and hurts pvp, so why do it? Furthermore, why is it prot paladins are so completely ignored? I know Ghostcrawler just wants us all to go holy but sheesh.

At the very least we need the utility of Death's Advance and several defensive CD's we have need slightly less down time. Anti-Magic Shield for example has a shorter cooldown than either Devotion Aura or Divine Protection and in terms of raw damage reduction helps far more in any realistic setting. Currently warriors outclass us in every area but I don't think I need to get into that, they have more mobility, better self healing on top of similar levels of damage reduction, more stuns, and more utility, hell they can pretty much peel off themselves there's no need for their team to do all the work.

P.S. Since it will be brought up...Yes I'm well aware of the anti interrupt thing on Devotion Aura but its not like I'm hardcasting and my healers have their own CDs for that more damage reduction (just player damage would be fine so as not to interfere with pve) would be far more useful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something that makes us unmovable (immune to knockbacks and pulls) for a short time would also be very helpful; it wouldn't be hard to do and it makes sense, we're supposed to be "stalwart defenders" right? Just name it Stalwart Defense and using the coding from dks with a different hex code for yellow instead of blue on the animation. The other day 2 DK's and a boomy were just training me hard with deathgrips and the boomy tornado, I literally could not make it on to my cap point despite our group repeatedly killing their FC and returning the flag, this is something we desperately need.

The changes to ret are decent and are going to make it far more viable in the coming season but those to should really carry over for prot as well as they primarily deal with utility.
I wholeheartedly agree. I mistakenly bought a shield with conquest points. Waste of half a week.

I like tanking. Paladins like tanking. It SHOULD be viable next patch.

oh well, next patch we'll really see just how bad rets are, Yes they are getting buffed, but I think people will be switching over to holy anyway now that the gear can be bought for honor. Maybe when the numbers are even lower for next season they'll realize that we need some love.
Until Paladins get more reliable mobility and CC breaks, they won't be a fc. It's been that way for a while.

Not saying that it's bad to ask for it and hope, but it's turned into one of those "hope for the best, expect the worst" situations.
Bump, I apologize for the increasing size of the OP I'm trying to keep it up to date with ideas and the general conversation. I'll make it more concise later this week.
emancipation?
02/12/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Arte
emancipation?
That could help a fair bit but we still would need a lot more to be on tier with warriors, druids, or dks.
02/12/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Burst
Can SotR get a dmg increase? I mean warriors Shield Slam is getting buffed what about our version? it hits like a wet noodle..... oh but we get a buff in consecrate.......... really Blizz? Really???
A good point but it certainly wouldn't help with the issue at hand, mobility.
Yea I ask this question as well since prot is my off spec and I enjoy prot I feel more pally like :/
Bump
Yeah I would like to see Prot Pallys in RBGs as we need more diversity. There's quite a few specs/classes that aren't as desirable as others and it really limits those who enjoy those specs to PvE or lower MMR RBGs.

Unfortunately for Paladins, two of the specs are often snubbed when it comes to PvP.. so you guys have a double-whammy there.

Hope things change for you guys in the upcoming patch(es).
Yeah I would like to see Prot Pallys in RBGs as we need more diversity. There's quite a few specs/classes that aren't as desirable as others and it really limits those who enjoy those specs to PvE or lower MMR RBGs.

Unfortunately for Paladins, two of the specs are often snubbed when it comes to PvP.. so you guys have a double-whammy there.

Hope things change for you guys in the upcoming patch(es).

Thank you for the support!
I miss being Prot in PVP, it was a lot of fun..

Hell it was even decent in RBG' up untill the point they dropped the 30% healing blanket nerf on us all..

But you have some very well made and valid points.. I accepted the scroll of res just to make this post.

When I was reading about your torment with the boomy, and 2 DK's I was able to visualize the horror of the situation and how irritating that is.

To be honest, I think while freedom is up the Prot pally should be immune to any skill, talent, or anything that will move, snare, root or stop your toon from moving whare you wish him too.. Well asside from stuns and fear, as they make sense; then again would be nice if they were made useless by freedom.

I know thats asking too much but hey, I dont bother with this game any more as just too many things are broken for me to even think about paying a dime to pay and play BETA.

I see RET is getting some nice buffs in the PTR in the way of self healing.. This is some of the stuff that Prot could also use as its survivabiltiy even with the best gear is to be honest, not that great.

Some things that would aid Prot in not sucking..

Allow PVP power to aid in healing again, enough to be on par with whare it was pre PVP power nerf and pre blanket healing nerf.

Another solution would be to make Mastery decent for PVP. The more mastery you have, the longer your shield of the righteous buff lasts.. That would be kinda nice.

This way Prot pallys could survive some damage in PVP like the other tanks already do.

I still think the healing on Prot is the worst in the game, and need some serious love.

However you are 100% right about prot's mobility......... Its horrid to say the least; and needs some kind of mobiltiy improvment.

Well, thats all I got; perhapse some day when blizzard fixes prot, I may actually pay for this game again, till then......... Cheers.

Thank you for your input and coming back to post! Yeah in the new patch I think they are giving back 50% of the bonus healing for pvp power but that goes to everyone so other FC classes like druids that already have good representation get it too. I don't see how its hard to just implement a few quality of life mobility changes.
Bump