Desynchronize from server

Technical Support
Every time I alt tab out of the game, I desynch from the server.

What I mean by this is, I can read chat, talk in chat, see people moving around, but I cannot use any abilities or interact with the environment.

Any way to fix this? It didn't used to do this. Also it does this on both my laptops and my desktop.

EDIT:

Oh and when I go to launch the game it takes a long time to initialize.
Vod

Do you use windowed, full screen, or full screen windowed mode for WoW?

Do you use windowed, full screen, or full screen windowed mode for WoW?

Sorry it took me a while to respond, cant tab out and check the forums lol.

Anyway, I play full screen, not windowed at all.
When i put it in windowed mode, i can tab out just fine. just dont like playing with it in windowed mode it feels like it lowers performance.

EDIT: Game does not desynch from server when I take it back out of windowed mode, seems like that would be similar to alt tabbing but I guess not.
Vod

This has actually been a known issue for a while, and it supposed to be addressed in a future patch. Until that happens, the only workaround is to run the game in windowed mode.

How does the performance feel on Full Screen Windowed? Does the same issue happen while on Full Screen Windowed?

This has actually been a known issue for a while, and it supposed to be addressed in a future patch. Until that happens, the only workaround is to run the game in windowed mode.

How does the performance feel on Full Screen Windowed? Does the same issue happen while on Full Screen Windowed?

I havent tried it on full screen windowed. I have been switching to windowed mode when I need to alt tab for something, and then change it back to full screen (non windowed) when I want to play. Surprisingly, this does not cause me to desynchronize like alt tabbing does, even though it seems to go through the same process.

It's just a pain in the butt, to have to change modes when I need to tab out for a second.
Vod

I understand it can be a hassle to have to switch from mode to mode, but try out full screen windowed when you get the chance. That's usually what I use since I tend to alt-tab a lot, and prefer the full screen look. I haven't had any issues so far.

Let me know what happens.
Now it's worse, I tab back into the game while in windowed mode, and it kills my entire internet connection for a second or two. Doesn't happen every time, but a lot of the times it just drops everything.
Also when I am waiting for it to initialize, i cannot use my internet at all, the program uses ALL available bandwidth.
I actually get *better* peformance on my system in windowed/fullscreen than normal fullscreen. It's worth a try.