[NOOB QUESTION] Increasing HIT (Arcane)

Mage
Greetings!

I'm new to the game, my girlfriend plays it for some time and she helps me a lot...
I've been reading lots of stuff, but I cannot find information about HIT.

I'm a level 53 arcane, but my HIT numbers are very low (1.3%). What can I do to raise it?!

Thank you!
You gain hit from gear that has Hit rating on it. However, at your level, making sure you have hit rating is not a very high priority. Simply try to get as much Int as possible, and you'll be golden!
Getting Int is what I am doing now, I wasn't sure that's the right thing to do.
Thank you, Kurojishi!
At later levels, 80+, you can reforged stuff into expertise and it will also count for your hit rating.

So, if you were fire and had a armor piece that had hit and mastery on it, you can forge mastery into expertise and practicly double up on hit rating for that piece of armor.
Save your valor until 5.2. All valor vendor items are getting their cost reduced by 50%.
02/06/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Karinà
Save your valor until 5.2. All valor vendor items are getting their cost reduced by 50%.

Uhhh..... the person asking a question was a level 53.... And you're like... wrong. In 5.2 Valor is getting reset, so there is no reason to save it. All *current* valor gear is getting a discount between 25% and 75%.