LFR Drop Rate issues

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
02/03/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Mate
My activity feed. The week 1/22-1/29.

Btw items that are disenchanted/deleted/vendored immediately do not show in activity feed.

As as I have said before in response to asanes assertion. I did have 2 dry weeks where I definitely did not get loot, one was a 12/16 week and the other might have been a 15/16 week. But the 3rd week I did a full clear 16/16 plus a couple of coins and got 10! drops. Of which 2 where actually upgrades.

Wasn't their a blue response that said their no issue with shaman drop rates in MC and they later fixed that?

Not all blizzard responses are the same level GC is not customer support for example, blue frequently tries to ambiguous as possible while reassuring, blue has been known to be mistaken and their has been ample evidence over the years that the left hand doe's not always talk to the right hand. But their is little evidence that they have outright lied.

They had a recent statement about the bugged drop rate of the 10m heroic off hand from Feng that they fixed it.
OP, you are a resto druid.

You have no excuse for not being in 463 gear from dungeons. You get insta queues, so you can gear quite quickly that way into 463 gear(within 48 hours actually!) Then you can upgrade your gear with Valour gear or using justice points to upgrade that way if you are truly unlucky in drops.

If the last time you got a drop in LFR was in December, and you are still only 450 in Ilvl, you are depending on the game to throw gear at you, rather than doing it the better way, which is work for it.

(And before you laugh at my gear, I am in my questing gear, I am main spec heals with a 489 ilvl!)
Just getting a laugh from the first few responses...probably most of the responses in thread. I'm fairly sure the OP "understands" what you all are trying the help him understand, which is why is suggesting a change in the first place.

02/01/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Kergen
I'm not asking for some kind of unfair situation where I do nothing for free epic drops. I've paid my dues here it's well past time that I should have gotten a drop. You really need a system that buffs my magic find, like diablo, or something so that after weeks of nothing I get a better chance at SOMETHING.

I 100% support this idea, as this is what happens and has happened in organized raiding since the beginning on MMORPG raiding. As other players get gear in past weeks, everyone elses changes of getting gear in the following weeks is improved. This also serves to give a sense of finality to completing farming content when you know there is a real "conclusion" or "completion point" to farming gear to be ready for the next tier.

Granted, if I were to attempt to farm all 16 bosses of LFR every week until I had no upgrades needed left, I would gouge my own eyeballs out...I still have participated and done several runs. In the past 4 weeks I've run, I've gotten 1 actually piece of gear to drop and that happened to be a downgrade to the item already in that slot. Considering RNG over the course of millions of players means there will be some unlucky sap who see's this every single month, meaning he will literally never be able to gear up from LFR and will waste months of his MMO gaming time to no effect.

I understand the point of RNG, I really do. It's needed, especially early on, to increase the longevity of an MMORPG. There comes a point however, when unlucky players have put in their time and deserve a more reliable chance at progression.
02/03/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Mahourai
Is this your only contribution to this discussion? No input on whether or not the theory of Magically Always Get Something In LFR is true?

Ok, fine.

Firstly, I don't care whether it's true. It doesn't really matter because LFR is functioning as it should - people who do it consistently are getting gear enough to be ready for the next tier.

Secondly, I think you're being silly. You probably could have gone and searched for an example to disprove Asane's theory much faster than it's taken you to type read and write all these posts.

02/03/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Mate
Wasn't their a blue response that said their no issue with shaman drop rates in MC and they later fixed that?

Grain of salt for GM and blue posts. I remember back in BC I went 54 Transmutes - 18 days with 3 Transmute Alchemists - and then I put in a ticket asking if it was bugged. GM responded that it wasn't. 2 days later a blue posted on the forums and said Transmutation was bugged.

02/03/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Psynister
Just getting a laugh from the first few responses...probably most of the responses in thread. I'm fairly sure the OP "understands" what you all are trying the help him understand, which is why is suggesting a change in the first place.

Just curious, did you bother to check the OP's profile? I mean, there's pretty much only 2 options:

1) He's as dumb as we think he is.

2) He's a bigger and better troll than Tacobeef.

I'm inclined to go with 1.
Just curious, did you bother to check the OP's profile? I mean, there's pretty much only 2 options:

Why would I bother to inspect him?

Why would I bother to inspect him?

You'd then realize he really doesn't understand anything, nor is he a "poster child for poor drop rates."
02/03/2013 10:11 PMPosted by Hyjinx
You'd then realize he really doesn't understand anything, nor is he a "poster child for poor drop rates."

He's got 1 drop in 29 boss kills and it was something he can't use. Where's your line for "poster child for poor drop rates"?

I've got a better chance of getting a legendary drop from farming out dated content then he has had for getting the lowest end game gear.

oh yeah, and further more, how does that negate his point? Lets say he was the lucky one and got 28 drops in 29 kills. How does that negate the point that unlucky players can still goes weeks farming LFR and get nothing?

For me personally, I have only 4 slots left that can use raid finder upgrades. Being as I have had a less then 6% drop rate from raid finder including a whopping 1 drop for all of January, which happened to not be for one of those slots. So I think that puts me at around 2% chance of getting a useful item from raid finder? I don't know about you, but that is extremely discouraging. Not to say "sad face" discouraging, but more so to say it does not encourage me to continue running raid finder each week to obtain those last few upgrades, which completely defeats the point of having a farmable raid finder (keeping people busy until the next patch)
Goal to not get screwed on loot is stop caring, this is my 3rd alt that's cleared LFR completely within 1 day /played, 2 days real time (yay weekends) of dinging 90.
02/04/2013 12:06 AMPosted by Asane
Goal to not get screwed on loot is stop caring, this is my 3rd alt that's cleared LFR completely within 1 day /played, 2 days real time (yay weekends) of dinging 90.

I can see your point, and I have to say kudos for having the internal fortitude to keep pushing full LFR runs.

Otherwise, to comment on what you are saying, once you get to the point where you don't care about loot, what's your reason for running LFR during week 2 (and beyond)?
02/04/2013 12:25 AMPosted by Psynister
Otherwise, to comment on what you are saying, once you get to the point where you don't care about loot, what's your reason for running LFR during week 2 (and beyond)?

So that my alts will be able to complete normal pugs.

15/16 on 1, and 14/16 other (Sha, and sha/empress). This toon should have at least 10/16 by next week, LFR is a medium I'm forced to run through in order to access normal pugs right now.

Can I personally clear normal content in less? Yes, I cleared mogu with 468 ilevel week 1, and a barely 473 ilevel for HOF, 475ish for Sha, but pugs require overgearing to make up for lack of coordination and overall need for a smoother run to solidify the structure of pick up runs.
02/04/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Asane
So that my alts will be able to complete normal pugs.
How do you enter those normal pugs with no drops or loot from LFR? or are you just doing the runs for VP?
02/04/2013 12:56 AMPosted by Psynister
How do you enter those normal pugs with no drops or loot from LFR? or are you just doing the runs for VP?

People know that I can make up for gear with my play skill.
LFR loot just makes it easier.
02/04/2013 01:03 AMPosted by Asane

People know that I can make up for gear with my play skill.
LFR loot just makes it easier.

Sorry to be going in circles here, but then why do LFR more then once? You don't need the gear and you don't care about the gear, and the people who would invite you to pug runs know you don't need the gear due to your skill.

So why would you do LFR more then once if you don't care about acquiring Raid Finder tagged gear?
02/04/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Psynister
So why would you do LFR more then once if you don't care about acquiring Raid Finder tagged gear?

Because the alternative is me running around in circles on my mount for an hour.

I'll give you this point, I care slightly about the gear, because who doesn't love smoother real runs? honestly, but I don't care to the point that Im not gonna rage when I get twenny ate fitty

there's also a level of character maintenance that I hold myself too, as far as if I expect people to take me somewhere, I put in as much LFR as I can, I have drawn the line at coins, I only pick up a set maybe once per month on my alts.
02/04/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Asane
I'll give you this point, I care slightly about the gear, because who doesn't love smoother real runs? honestly, but I don't care to the point that Im not gonna rage when I get twenny ate fitty

There's an in between. Can we not say, "it can work better" without being raging lunatics? I'm not happy about the LFR drop rates. I wouldn't say I've ever raged about it. Probably the worst is a flash of annoyance every time the Fail Bag (™ GC) drops.

I just settle on not running it. Granted, if there was nothing else I enjoyed doing in game, I would likely be doing it, but there's already way too much I would like to do, so running LFR feels a waste. That in and of itself would be "ok", if LFR was not a required step into progression, as Blizzard is making it for 5.2 and beyond.
02/03/2013 10:13 PMPosted by Psynister
oh yeah, and further more, how does that negate his point? Lets say he was the lucky one and got 28 drops in 29 kills. How does that negate the point that unlucky players can still goes weeks farming LFR and get nothing?

If you bothered looking at his profile, you'd see that his "weeks of farming LFR and get nothing" constitutes running MSV only and that he has less than 4 full runs of that.

His "weeks of farming LFR" is thus very, very misleading because it means he's missing out on more than 10 bosses per week.

When you read his post without glancing at his profile, I bet you thought he'd gone 0/16 for several weeks.

He also has numerous upgrades available from other avenues of gearing - Heroics, crafted gear, BoAs, Valor - so that I feel very little pity for him. Put simply, he's intentionally bottle-necking himself.

And oh, by the way, OP says he's 8 weeks without a piece of loot when he doesn't have 8 kills of any of the bosses and can only get his 8th kill on a singular boss.
I mean, the droprate of gear in lfr, is much higher than the acquisition rate received from normal raiding, at least on "average", people raiding normal have just learned the rate over the years, while baby's first raiders havent learned that raids gear you slower than 5 mans (Keep in mind, we see that LFDs gear people too slowly on a daily basis, yet it takes less than 24 hours played to be completely BIS 5 man... minus the epics which are extreme outliers)
The LFR loot system blows. Stop trying to rationalize a disappointment please.
The coins make it worse. I have never gotten anything from the coins, ever.
The new white noise in the game is not about difficult bosses or rep so much anymore it is "the LFR loot system is bad" with Blizz's cheerleaders forging ahead with "keep plugging away" as if this was an employment system. What needs to be fixed is Blizz/Activision's twisted reward logic and hideous RNG. #1 I do not work for you, tedium is not entertainment #2 Random is as random is perceived; if you're looking for the effect of random you try to stay a little less than absolute random because you end up with a mess. If you want to know about the LFR loot system you;d have to be deaf not to hear the discontent. If your name is Pollyanna please do tell us how lucky YOU were and how that makes us idiots and luckless whiners. The problem is that Blizz has forgotten that game experience is what pays their bills and right now the loot system is perceived as way less than random. Yes, there is no guarantees however that sounds like someone about to start a new job not a game. And the begging and whining for loot? I never really experienced that. Is that for real? Because there's the /ignore feature that is so much more effective than screwing up a loot system. The drops need to be an improvement not a repetition; players are waiting for drops that are (to them) no longer relevant because of poor planning and really bad projection that everyone saw coming in beta.
I've gone through a few coins to realize one thing: true random seems to be not so random.
If Blizzard can make it so that every freaking NPC in this game knows you're class/race, every quest-giver knows that you're one short of a quest objective (and that one of them is in your bank not your bags), then surely we can be a little more intuitive with drops and stop being stingy and hide behind the excuse "it's all random" yeah that's a huge billboard to hide behind.
The LFR loot system blows. Stop trying to rationalize a disappointment please.
The coins make it worse. I have never gotten anything from the coins, ever.
The new white noise in the game is not about difficult bosses or rep so much anymore it is "the LFR loot system is bad" with Blizz's cheerleaders forging ahead with "keep plugging away" as if this was an employment system. What needs to be fixed is Blizz/Activision's twisted reward logic and hideous RNG. #1 I do not work for you, tedium is not entertainment #2 Random is as random is perceived; if you're looking for the effect of random you try to stay a little less than absolute random because you end up with a mess. If you want to know about the LFR loot system you;d have to be deaf not to hear the discontent. If your name is Pollyanna please do tell us how lucky YOU were and how that makes us idiots and luckless whiners. The problem is that Blizz has forgotten that game experience is what pays their bills and right now the loot system is perceived as way less than random. Yes, there is no guarantees however that sounds like someone about to start a new job not a game. And the begging and whining for loot? I never really experienced that. Is that for real? Because there's the /ignore feature that is so much more effective than screwing up a loot system.
I've gone through a few coins to realize one thing: true random seems to be not so random.
If Blizzard can make it so that every freaking NPC in this game knows you're class/race, every quest-giver knows that you're one short of a quest objective (and that one of them is in your bank not your bags), then surely we can be a little more intuitive with drops and stop being stingy and hide behind the excuse "it's all random" yeah that's a huge billboard to hide behind.

You're geared enough to enter the next tier of LFR and the only instance you've fully completed more than 4 times is MSV.

I'd say the system is working rather well.

You're a poster boy for the shallowness of your arguments and the avarice and impatience of the mass of forum posters.
02/04/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Draomin
The coins make it worse.

Don't use them then?

02/04/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Draomin
The problem is that Blizz has forgotten that game experience is what pays their bills and right now the loot system is perceived as way less than random.

Game experience = loot?

do people really believe this?