Hi Garona! Can I ask you a few questions?

Garona
Thanks for clicking. :) I have been looking to transfer to a server more alive than mine, and I was recommended this one. I do plan on creating an Alliance toon, so the lack of Horde I've been reading about does not bother me. However, I am curious about a few things, specifically how your AH is, how easy it is to PuG stuff here, PvP in the sense of finding an arena team/for battlegrounds, and the general atmosphere of the server and the people here. Also anything I should maybe know about... Haha.

As for raiding, I am brand new to WoW, and while I have been doing old raids with my guild occasionally, I am interested in learning how to actually raid end-game (do people here even say that? Lol), so I was hoping to find a guild that is not hard-core, but does raids and doesn't mind picking up newbs like me on occasion to show us the ropes so we can be of better assistance. Anything like that around?

Also just another question I've been curious about - I was planning on rolling a Monk, but across servers in the guild recruitment posts I've checked out, I found only one need for a Monk/Monk in the raiding team. Are Monks generally not appreciated for raiding?

Thanks again!
Great server, great people. But to address the issues:

Pugging is non-existent. There are very few raiding guild left, and almost no pugs. PvP is the same. Most everyone worth a dam has left. If you don't mind mediocre play and never pushing any higher ratings, then it's fine.

For newer players, this realm might not be such a bad place. Be friendly and you'll fit in great. But if you're looking for more advanced play, look elsewhere.

Hope this helps!
Horde is really very low-key on garona. As far as I can tell, they very rarely get sha or do pug raids. Alliance is pretty much the opposite. As for looking for guilds, I think you'd have to let us know what time of day you'd want to be raiding. We seem to have guilds that do raids at all hours of the day.

As far as the monk thing goes, it's best to not have more than 1 or 2 I think. They don't really bring stuff that other classes don't already, and they have limitations others don't. Especially mistweavers. They bring a couple raid cooldowns, but only have the stats buff. They also have the worst healing available while moving. Bringing a windwalker is not a bad idea, though. They have decent aoe, have the crit buff, and are relatively high on the single target dps charts. I think that there just aren't that many monks raiding compared to other classes, so some people don't know what to do with them.
02/06/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Hellsent
There are very few raiding guild left, and almost no pugs. PvP is the same.
I disagree, I am a member of MKB, not only do we regularely PvP, also raid as a guild. Garona is also very friendly and the auction house is very active as well.
02/09/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Jailir
I disagree, I am a member of MKB, not only do we regularely PvP, also raid as a guild. Garona is also very friendly and the auction house is very active as well.

Just to clarify what he means by PvP isn't people who Q up for BGs, there are plenty of people who Q up on this battlegroup. What he means is RBGs/Arena. For instance you say your guild PvPs but you guys only have 17 arena victories since guild achievements came out. And 0 RBG wins
Untrax.

Raids.

G.T.F.O Jallir.
Agreed Deb.
Your guild does not PvP.
Muahahahaha! We brought him to the dark side :P
02/09/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Jailir

While there are guilds that "raid". Garona only has 9 guilds that have cleared Normal, and only 6 with more than 3 heroic kills. While Lightning's blade (Random realm i clicked on on wowprogress) has 32 guilds that have cleared normal and 21 guilds that have 3 or more heroic kills.
Garona is Ga-reat!
Garona is a great server to come too if you're looking for more of a laid back, casual playing atmosphere. However, there are rarely any pugs yet alone RBG's. Garona has died quite a bit since the release of Cataclysm.
Garona is nice server to be on. Ive played here since I first started back in...05 i think? I will say the horde AH tends to be a little bit pricey.
Horde do manage to get galleon fairly often compared to alliance due to the small pop there side and even weirder hours of operation than most people alliance side.

If you like farming rarespawns you are in luck its pretty non-competitive, Its also a good cross realm for early am Brawler's Guild ranking as only 1-3 people will be doing it that time of day out of the whole cross realm.

Making money on the ah will be nigh impossible unless you don't mind selling things below cost or only sell materials(materials sell unusually well and at decent/average alliance prices, glyphs however do not sell for more than a few gold(I see to that most weeks of the month), baring a few rare vanity minors few people have gotten yet.). Battle Pet duels and thrill seeking is fairly active along with lots of cross realm competition for gaining some pets in areas.

Pugging almost non-existent though you can find people short a few for guild runs(don't go with them it will be a wipe fest!). Older raids? Well I 2 man BWD, Bastion, and 25M Ulduar regularly if you are looking for achieves and transmog gear, though I've officially stopped running 10M BWD as I got the items I was looking for already. You won't find full raids for stuff so it will be skill and endurance/gear testers if you want to get 25M or H25M raid achives from older raids, Heroic Firelands gets run on the server pretty often many casters still trying to complete the legendary staff, Dragon Soul 10H/25H gets run occasionally for achievements, ICC 10H as well pretty often. Bastion/BWD/Other raids very rare to come across(and I'm probably the only one looking).

Lets see how things go in 5.2 but pvp, H Raiding, and world pvp are all obviously lacking. Though there is some secret stuff that goes on here too sometimes :3 Depends on if you are a night owl or not!