Im Curious - Faction Imbalance and 5.2

Kel'Thuzad
I'm posting this thread over on the Mal'Ganis realm as well - just because I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about the upcoming changes with 5.2 where it will be required that both factions to reach certain milestones on the new island before the special 'one-time events' kick off and open up the next section of the island.

Devs stated that low-pop realms would have a weighted scale based on population - but that doesn't account for the fact that on PvP servers like Mal'Ganis, KT, Illidan and others where the non-dominate faction is all but extinct it will be difficult at best and impossible at worst for them to be able to progress and unlock the island because doing dailies on the island - where we can't fly - crunched together in quest hubs or forced into the same areas with the joint dailies.

Combine with an influx of people coming back for 5.2 and ALL the new gear coming from this area (unlike in release where it eventually spread from the Golden Lotus to Shado-pan and August Celestials) - and it will be next to impossible for the non-dominate faction to get anything done.

It's a PvP server - PvP happens on a PvP server - but we have created an environment where will will be unable to progress/unlock the island because

1.) There aren't enough of us non-dominate faction left (last night there were fluxuating 20-30 level 90 Alliance of Mal'Ganis during primetime)
2.) When we step off on the Island - we will get hunted mercilessly to the point its no longer fun to do anything - and eventually stop - further expanding the problem.

It's on the PTR now - and I may be crying 'the sky is falling' but I was curious as to what other people thought about this - or if they even know it's coming.

Thoughts?
As a member of a non-dominant faction on my server I can definitely see the merit in this. Even doing operation shieldwall dailies I would get relentlessly gang banged by 7 horde at a time (thank god those are done) and that's cross realm.

I haven't read exactly what blizzard is planning on doing here but is the island SERVER ONLY or Battlegroup? If it is server only then yeah, this is going to be hell for alliance on my server and well probably never get this done.
As a member of a non-dominant faction on my server I can definitely see the merit in this. Even doing operation shieldwall dailies I would get relentlessly gang banged by 7 horde at a time (thank god those are done) and that's cross realm.

I haven't read exactly what blizzard is planning on doing here but is the island SERVER ONLY or Battlegroup? If it is server only then yeah, this is going to be hell for alliance on my server and well probably never get this done.

There has been no mention of CRZ on the new island yet. And I don't see them doing it. The Progression is SERVER based according to Wowhead. So we run into the hassles similar to Wintergrasp and TB and fishing tourneys etc.

Like how would they count credit for Ally on Mal'ganis - if only Ally for KT are doing turn-ins?

Unless they made progression battlegroup based and not server based.
When i have to pop bad my belly hurts
02/07/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Nalkin
When i have to pop bad my belly hurts

I know that feel.

lol @ Mal'Ganis