Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

Paladin
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next
02/09/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Lobster
And you should definitely repost that analysis of "high rated rets" and their talent choices. There is no way 20% of the arena rets they're looking at take Repen and the other 20% take BoG.

Well if they are just looking at the US 2200+ rets, all it takes is one to have used repent and one to have used burden, and that's ~17% of rets over 2200.

02/09/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Lobster
Is it possible they're counting RBG rets too?

I would never consider the RBG ladders a legitimate source for anything but how many people take rating too seriously.

02/09/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Lobster
Or perhaps he still thinks paladins will take Light's Hammer over Prism?

LH is still awkward/bad. Only thing it's good for is throwing in front of you while running, because it takes ~2 seconds for the first pulse.

02/10/2013 05:08 AMPosted by Hafleur
Make that three posts. SOMEONE HOLD ME DOWN.

Yay!

02/10/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Snozberries
I'm going to have to get around to get around to playing with seals on the ptr and comparing them to live. Specifically how much of a "dps boost" seal of justice will actually see.

Have to wait until it actually works to test it!

In actuality, it will still likely be less than the total damage from truth. While it's 13% more damage per stack over truth, my total censure damage is always significantly higher, and at five stacks, censure ticks for roughly twice the damage as the actual seal proc. The difference will probably just be that it's harder to heal than 10-15k every few seconds.
02/10/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Hafleur
I guess one way to look at the new SoJ is every "melee" attack deals 25% weapon damage, including Judgment, except TV. The old SoJ did 16% weapon damage on every "melee" attack, including TV, except Judgment. And of course the new one is spikier.

Knocking out TV puts it at an average of ~20.8% per weapon swing. Spikier, yes. But possibly not nearly the massive boost GC was purporting it to be.

Likely the kind of thing that would that will take extensive play-testing to figure out. Especially trying to figure when it actually starts falling behind SoT. Burst is great for forcing hard-casts and cooldowns, but so is sustained pressure on a long fight. The instant weapon damage from SoT along with rolling dot may still prove superior on touch-and-go fights. Or fights that cause you to lose or delay spending those debuffs.

02/10/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Hafleur
It'll be interesting for sure. I hope the devs relent and give us this and "Holy Hamstring." And then let Holy Ham (almost as tasty as Bacon of Light) be refreshed by TV via a major glyph. This would be so Ret doesn't have to waste a GCD every 8 sec, sorta like how warrior doesn't have to with Glyph of Hindering Strikes, or how rogue and Feral never do with Crippling and Infected Wounds.

I actually liked your idea of a glyph allowing HotR and DS to apply a snare. Applying opportunity cost of single target dps and interaction with the new SoJ.

02/10/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Cayse
Well if they are just looking at the US 2200+ rets, all it takes is one to have used repent and one to have used burden, and that's ~17% of rets over 2200.

That's just... depressing.
I tweeted GC: "SoJ change is taking a while to DIGEST. No baseline snare. ;(;( Give Ret Holy Ham(string)? Twice as tasty as Bacon of Light!" Puns are the highest form of humor.

I actually liked your idea of a glyph allowing HotR and DS to apply a snare. Applying opportunity cost of single target dps and interaction with the new SoJ.

I developed the idea further.

1. Ret gets Holy Hamstring. This wouldn't be automatic so maybe GC would be OK with it.

2. Can glyph HH so TV refreshes it. Basically, we'd use this glyph on comps in which our snare is super important. Refreshing a snare every 8 sec is very annoying and no one really has to do it anymore.

3. Burden of Guilt is buffed to be more competitive with FoJ, and to give Ret more RBG utility. It will now apply on Judgment, HotR, and Divine Storm.
Temple of the Jade Serpent and Mogu'shan Palace Bronze Challenge Mode complete!

We were sooooo close to getting Silver in Jade Serpent, if we had just been a bit cleaner early on we would have had it.

Glyph of Holy Wrath + Glyph of Blinding Light + assorted stuns make the majority of the trash in that place a complete joke.

Five more to go until the title, then we'll start concentrating on Silvers. :)
Been playing too much Tera

But my Elf is oh so pretty

Much more womanly than female blood elves...ick
You sound like a little girl going squeeee over their dollies, and you scoff at ponies. :P
02/10/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
You sound like a little girl going squeeee over their dollies, and you scoff at ponies. :P

Mmm, they're still womanly woman, with womanly curves

Now if I was 'squee'ing over the Elin (loli race), then you'd have permission to slap me
02/10/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Lobster
Hehe Chaz said squee.

Figured that would be an appropriate exclamation.

Eugh, apparently they're making a MLP spinoff
wat
My Little Background Human Character?
It was on /co so grain of salt, but the thing is, they go through a portal and become teenage human girls in high school

Apparently hasbro's take into the tween market to go after the Monster High and Bratz area
Oh good god.
yeah, my independent research says otherwise, thankfully. any links to check up on this would be appreciated. i don't have enough things to hate, and this sounds like some atrocious fanfiction.
02/10/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Martana
yeah, my independent research says otherwise, thankfully. any links to check up on this would be appreciated. i don't have enough things to hate, and this sounds like some atrocious fanfiction.

Well since they posted pony stuff on /co, it was deleted. So no links anymore
most likely just someone wishlisting/trolling, fortunately.
02/10/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
It was on /co so grain of salt, but the thing is, they go through a portal and become teenage human girls in high school

But MLP is already a SoL comedy, what's to gain by making them human?

02/10/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Now if I was 'squee'ing over the Elin (loli race), then you'd have permission to slap me

Ain't no loli ever had thighs like that.

Edit: http://prpltnkr.tumblr.com/post/42788718969/140-characters-or-less-leaked-my-little-pony-movie

This is the only "source" I've found about it.
haha some tumblr fanart and some dudes being all 'yo i got this second-hand from some industry insiders who are themselves second- or third-party to the source!'. awesome.