10% nerf to old riads! Y?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
"The moral of the story: hasty, lazy actions have ruinous results. We mustn't take shortcuts... we must work for our rewards.
I've been trying to tell this story to the "Enforcer", but I fear his Hellscream-worshipping skull is a little bit too thick."
It's not just a Horde quest, it's a lesson.
This is the mother of all freaking awesome.

Um.... Bashiok... could you answer me this one thing, though?

Will you be wiping Valor when 5.2 drops?

I don't want to be at, say, 1500 Valor trying to get a piece of gear and then..... POOF. I log in on patch day and I now have 0 Valor and 1500 Justice that are..... useless to me.

We just posted something on the front page. Curious, do you have a book mark directly to the forums, were you already here and missed it, or do you maybe just quickly click the forums button?

No sarcasm or disrespect, honestly curious how you use the site and if there's something we can't do to get front page announcements in front of more people.

Bookmark that takes me straight to the Forums.

EDIT: Can you guys PLEASE give us a 2 week warning before 5.2 drops, so we can prepare for this and choose how to spend our valor? I really really really do not want to fall 200 or so VP short of a major upgrade and run out of time.... that would make me very upset.
02/05/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Hirai

Thank you!

EDIT: Can you guys PLEASE give us a 2 week warning before 5.2 drops, so we can prepare for this and choose how to spend our valor? I really really really do not want to fall 200 or so VP short of a major upgrade and run out of time.... that would make me very upset.

Yes, we are shooting to provide an approximate two week warning before the patch hits. Of course with the constant and consistent caveat that the patch release could always slip.
02/05/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Hirai
Could you link where they said they're wiping Valor? I've been checking MMO-Champ every day and haven't seen this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8586239
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/252898-52-currency-conversions/
02/05/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Bashiok

Thank you!

Bah, I edited after you read.
We just posted something on the front page. Curious, do you have a book mark directly to the forums, were you already here and missed it, or do you maybe just quickly click the forums button?

No sarcasm or disrespect, honestly curious how you use the site and if there's something we can't do to get front page announcements in front of more people.

I have the forums page under my dropdown history box. I tend to jump straight there and fluctuates between that and General Discussion after history wipes. Much faster than hitting the front page>Forums>General Discussion.

I tend to ignore the front page after visiting the website from back in Classic. The webteam did a nice job with it in terms of new stuff. I do kind of miss the links to guides and some other features from the old that I have forgotten about.

They'll announce the end of the PvP season a week or two prior to the launch of 5.2.
02/05/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Oniangel
A bit of a surprise with previous mentionings of no intents to bring in a nerf especially due to the existence of LFR.

It was pretty obvious their would be a nerf from the original post.

02/05/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Steth
Now I need to clear normal HoF and toes before 5.2.

4-6 weeks, Plenty of time. I do as well, 6% wipe on sha last week.
02/05/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Hirai

Thank you!

Bah, I edited after you replied. ;)
02/05/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Rakin
Could you link where they said they're wiping Valor? I've been checking MMO-Champ every day and haven't seen this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8586239
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/252898-52-currency-conversions/

Musta been just posted a little bit ago then. lol.

I checked it a few hours ago.

Bah, I edited after you replied. ;)

Ahh, okay thanks!

At least that's some sort of warning. That'll be good.
do you have a book mark directly to the forums

The first suggested page that pops up whenever I make a new tab in Firefox is General Discussion.

:(
02/05/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Beyond that, elder charms will no longer be available to the playerbase from the elder in the shrines. Your only access to them will be very low drops from world mobs in 5.2 content

Wait...what?

REALLY?
I have to admit, I lol'd heartily.
02/05/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Sórrow
Beyond that, elder charms will no longer be available to the playerbase from the elder in the shrines. Your only access to them will be very low drops from world mobs in 5.2 content

Wait...what?

REALLY?

I know, that seems..... Odd.

But then if they "Greatly" increase the drops... the Charms won't be needed and they want players to save Lessers for the 5.2 tokens.

So...... build up 10 before 5.2 drops.
Is the Feat of Strength still obtainable for guilds killing the bosses post-patch but turning the debuff off? Or is that defunct functionality?
02/05/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Hirai

Weren't they being reset though?

Uhm, is there a link to this charm stuff? I did a quick google and all I can find is that there will be 2 types of charms in 5.2. Nothing about no longer being able to get Elder ones.

Oh - and will lesser charms be reset?
02/05/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Nahela
Is the Feat of Strength still obtainable for guilds killing the bosses post-patch but turning the debuff off? Or is that defunct functionality?

Only if you killed it BEFORE the patch.

Face it, even with Debuff Off, it is still possible to cheese it by using Thunder King gear later on during the patch.

So... what is your solution then? Because if people can't get out of bad, why should they be allowed to move forward? That's like Timmy failing all his classes and the school system moving him on to the next grade anyway.

Blizzard wants 10 million people to pay them money every month. If their systems designers create a design that prevents Timmy and his friends from getting raid gear and drives them to other games, then the upper management will instruct the systems designers on what to do (like what happened in Cataclysm when every single hardline decision to make content harder by the designers was overturned in patch 4.3).

So what you're saying is you want Blizzard to design the game to the lowest common denominator? How will that attract the average players, much less the above average?

Weren't they being reset though?

Uhm, is there a link to this charm stuff? I did a quick google and all I can find is that there will be 2 types of charms in 5.2. Nothing about no longer being able to get Elder ones.

Oh - and will lesser charms be reset?

Charms
While Charms won’t be converted, Lesser Charms of Good Fortune will no longer be used to purchase Elder Charms in patch 5.2. Instead Lesser Charms will purchase Mogu Runes of Fate. They’ll be purchasable in the same way; once a week, 90 Lesser Charms can be converted to 3 Mogu Runes of Fate via a quest in your faction’s Shrine. Mogu Runes of Fate will be usable for bonus rolls on 5.2 raid and world bosses only. Elder Charms will continue to be used for bonus rolls on 5.0 raids and world bosses, and will now be acquired as item drops by killing enemies in the new 5.2 Thundering Isle outdoor zone.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8586239/52_Currency_Conversions-2_5_2013

There's no mention of a lesser charm reset.