10% nerf to old riads! Y?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
Is anyone else monitoring this thread just for Bashiok's posts?

Not a raider so I'm not bothered by the content but I love the style.

:)
So...... build up 10 before 5.2 drops.

Weren't they being reset though?

Uhm, is there a link to this charm stuff? I did a quick google and all I can find is that there will be 2 types of charms in 5.2. Nothing about no longer being able to get Elder ones.

Oh - and will lesser charms be reset?

From the link on the main page:

Charms

While Charms won’t be converted, Lesser Charms of Good Fortune will no longer be used to purchase Elder Charms in patch 5.2. Instead Lesser Charms will purchase Mogu Runes of Fate. They’ll be purchasable in the same way; once a week, 90 Lesser Charms can be converted to 3 Mogu Runes of Fate via a quest in your faction’s Shrine. Mogu Runes of Fate will be usable for bonus rolls on 5.2 raid and world bosses only. Elder Charms will continue to be used for bonus rolls on 5.0 raids and world bosses, and will now be acquired as item drops by killing enemies in the new 5.2 Thundering Isle outdoor zone.

It says nothing about a Charm Reset.

It does say "No Longer Used to buy Elder Charms", though.
Beyond that, elder charms will no longer be available to the playerbase from the elder in the shrines. Your only access to them will be very low drops from world mobs in 5.2 content

Wait...what?

REALLY?

There is going to be a new charm for Tier 15. With the increased drop rates from Tier 14 the charms might quickly lose their charm and world bosses are supposed to have a weekly cap on the extra roll for now.

With the removal of the upgrade vendor it feels more important that players get heads up on the patch dropping. I know that the developers dont always do that for PVE and tend to only do such for PVP, still would be nice though due to the added aspect of the gear upgrade vendor being removed.
Wow Bashiok. You were able to respond to the OP's question with a lengthy, in-depth answer in under a minute. Just how fast do you type?

Nerfs always make me feel a bit sad about where our guild is in progression but at least I know this time it was more about IRL wholly consuming our raid in the past few months than anything else. I like that the content will still remain relevant for alts though. I can't remember ever running BoT or BWD again once T12 was out.
Beyond that, elder charms will no longer be available to the playerbase from the elder in the shrines. Your only access to them will be very low drops from world mobs in 5.2 content

Wait...what?

REALLY?

Yes really. Some of Blizzard's decisions regarding player progression and accessibility have left me wondering who's been sending them gift baskets from the local dispensary. That's not to say I disagree with all of them, but the charm and VP conversion both have me scratching my head in confusion in the light of the fact that old VP gear still costs VP.
Wow Bashiok. You were able to respond to the OP's question with a lengthy, in-depth answer in under a minute. Just how fast do you type?

Nerfs always make me feel a bit sad about where our guild is in progression but at least I know this time it was more about IRL wholly consuming our raid in the past few months than anything else. I like that the content will still remain relevant for alts though. I can't remember ever running BoT or BWD again once T12 was out.

The fact that they are still relevant to progression AND the fact that they are included in LFR now (whereas before BoT and BWD were not LFR-able), does wonders for making the endgame a whole lot better.

Though I really really really REALLY wish that Blizz would put an LFR in for old raids that are not typically solo-able... say... anything Wrath+. Even if it uses a lot less strict rules (maybe 2 healers, 1 tank and the rest it doesn't care?).

And it'd only be available for those at max-level?
We love you, Bashiok :D
02/05/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Novalas

Weren't they being reset though?

Uhm, is there a link to this charm stuff? I did a quick google and all I can find is that there will be 2 types of charms in 5.2. Nothing about no longer being able to get Elder ones.

Charms
While Charms won’t be converted, Lesser Charms of Good Fortune will no longer be used to purchase Elder Charms in patch 5.2. Instead Lesser Charms will purchase Mogu Runes of Fate. They’ll be purchasable in the same way; once a week, 90 Lesser Charms can be converted to 3 Mogu Runes of Fate via a quest in your faction’s Shrine. Mogu Runes of Fate will be usable for bonus rolls on 5.2 raid and world bosses only. Elder Charms will continue to be used for bonus rolls on 5.0 raids and world bosses, and will now be acquired as item drops by killing enemies in the new 5.2 Thundering Isle outdoor zone.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8586239/52_Currency_Conversions-2_5_2013

There's no mention of a lesser charm reset.

Ah, k. Nowhere does it say 'very low drop chance' either. Hopefully it's high enough for me to keep going naturally.
02/05/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Virmire
I can't remember ever running BoT or BWD again once T12 was out.

And no one will run Terrace or HoF after T15 comes out unless they're doing it for achievements or transmog. With the sha-touched weapons no longer being relevant to the legendary chain there won't even be that as a draw to get people into the content when 502 and 522 ilvl items are available in LFR or normal mode Throne.
02/05/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Virmire
I can't remember ever running BoT or BWD again once T12 was out.

Had PuGs still doing them on my realm and I even got my fresh priest into a group a bit before the T12 nerf hit and was able to get my priest into a Firelands PuG before the nerf and in large part because 10 man was undertuned compared to 25 man and I was a disc priest. Was nice to get VP to drop in T11 when T12 came out. I think it was the only change that I helped support in Cata that the developers took and apparently will stay this expansion as well.
So what you're saying is you want Blizzard to design the game to the lowest common denominator? How will that attract the average players, much less the above average?

Average players like to be able to succeed when they play, not wipe for 3 hours a night and leave with nothing but a repair bill.

There's a reason LFR is so popular. It's also frightening the number of fresh 90s that I see every week in there.......

There are a lot of people playing alts right now......................
Please, please, PLEASE Don't go through with adding this nerf - if you armory me, you'll see i have not yet cleared normal modes - I want to feel like i accomplished my kills when they happen.
I used to do high end raiding during BC / early wrath and even a bit during cata. but now play with a group of friends (half of which are sorta bads - fun to play with, just a little bad)
When you impliment these nerfs (with the option to turn them off) essentually the whole raid has to agree to it being turned off (i know mine wont, and im sure there are others like me)
also, there is going to be a new lfr, which is going to give better / on-par gear, that alone will eventually nerf these old raids.
So -PLEASE- do not add this :(
Planning on making previous Valor Items purchasable with Justice? If not, why are you converting the Valor to Justice?
02/05/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Morrie
Planning on making previous Valor Items purchasable with Justice? If not, why are you converting the Valor to Justice?

To prevent people from stocking up on 3,000 Valor and buying 3-4 pieces at 50-75% discount?

I suppose now when I look at it THAT way, the Valor>Justice does make sense. As long as they give us 2 week or so notice... it will be fine. I won't waste any Valor, or very little valor.
Planning on making previous Valor Items purchasable with Justice?

Nope. They're reducing the cost of valor items.

If not, why are you converting the Valor to Justice?

Most likely to prevent players from purchasing a large quantity of valor items w/ reduced prices when 5.2 hits live.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8586239/52_Currency_Conversions-2_5_2013
BTW Bash, I totally get the reasoning behind keeping current valor gear as valor gear, but what about the deadzone where people can't get enough valor for a new item but won't be able to use those points toward something the following week? Shouldn't the price drop occur the week before to prevent that situation?
02/05/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Painsquire
BTW Bash, I totally get the reasoning behind keeping current valor gear as valor gear, but what about the deadzone where people can't get enough valor for a new item but won't be able to use those points toward something the following week? Shouldn't the price drop occur the week before to prevent that situation?

He said they'll give us a 2 week notice.

That's 2,000 valor.

The most expensive item in the game costs 2250 (Body).

So you'd have to be exactly 1-249 Valor before the announcement to fall short.

And even then you can always buy something ELSE that's still an upgrade for less valor. A 1750 piece, maybe.
This is the mother of all freaking awesome.

Um.... Bashiok... could you answer me this one thing, though?

Will you be wiping Valor when 5.2 drops?

I don't want to be at, say, 1500 Valor trying to get a piece of gear and then..... POOF. I log in on patch day and I now have 0 Valor and 1500 Justice that are..... useless to me.

We just posted something on the front page. Curious, do you have a book mark directly to the forums, were you already here and missed it, or do you maybe just quickly click the forums button?

No sarcasm or disrespect, honestly curious how you use the site and if there's something we can't do to get front page announcements in front of more people.

Going to weigh in on this. I tend to click the Forums button rapidly and ignore the main page almost completely out of habit, or I type "w" into my address bar and click the first link that drops down because apparently the only site that starts with a W that I frequent is this one.

I'd like to see updates posted in the forums or at least a link provided. Not sure how that could be cleanly implemented but it would be useful and insure that those blogs get a lot more views.
02/05/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Novalas

I'd say prob not. Considering that everyone will be on even scales from the start you will only be able to grab these once a week like usual so everyone will start with 3. That's my belief.