Best hunter proffessions.

Hunter
Wanting to start leveling proffessions. I do not know which two to pick. Opinions would be great !
All crafting professions give the same buff = 320 agi.
That being said, Engineering is pretty popular, especially with PVP since you get rocket boost and glider.
The convenience of Jeeves and portable mailbox is pretty nifty.

Taken from the hunter compendium sticky at the top:

VII. Professions

Blacksmith: 2 extra sockets for potential 320 agility if using Delicate Primordial Ruby or Perfect Delicate Pandarian Garnet
Jewelcrafting: 2 bonus gems Serpent's Eye which give a total of 320 agility
Inscription: Secret Tiger Claw Inscription - bonus 320 enchant to shoulders
Alchemy: Mixology bonus that gives 320 agility. Also flasks last 2 hours instead of 1.
Engineering: Synapse Springs, as well as Tinker's Gear which goes in cog sockets and gives 600 of a certain stat.
Leatherworking: Cheap bracer enchant that is 320 agility higher than the normal enchant.
Enchanting: Enchant Ring Agility - 160 agility to each ring
Tailoring: 4000 attack power proc that lasts 15 seconds on approx a 1 min CD.
Mining: 480 stamina
Herbalism: 2880 haste for 20s every 2 minutes and heals 13875 - 16125. Equivalent of 480 passive haste.
Skinning: 480 crit rating
Engineering for endless fun in bg's/world pvp. Rocket boosts + deter + masters call will get you out of any bad situation i love it. Make a macro to parachute when you disengage and you can get extremely creative with terrain and kite easier. Oh and go MM <3

Liquid
eng/lw

LW gives 500agil bracer enchant and very good LW specific leg enchant and get eng for what Liquid said....its saved my life too many times.
I'm currently Engineering/Herbalism and happy with the combination. The 2880 haste 1/6 of the time is better than 480 passive haste if you pop it during other CDs, and the heal is nice if not huge. Engineering's Synapse Springs is similarly better than passive stats if you pop it at the right time, and the rocket belt is great fun. If you want absolute most possible DPS, you'd go Engineering and a second crafting profession, but I like picking flowers, darn it!
I like LW personally because it covers a bracer enchant, costly leg enchants, and gives you something to do with tauren kills!

I also took skinning over another crafting profession because I like to be self sufficient when it comes to providing mats. Less than ideal though so if you have lots of alts you may want to try something different.
I like gathering, just do. Of those two, herbalism gathers a lot more gold at AH than mining, at least up to level 40 on my server.

Blindweed can be easily picked up in Federalas (sp?) and will sell for a lot. Goldthorn too, if you can find it.

You can have 10+ herbs, all on your map, all at once. I never see that with mining.
Oh and go MM <3

Who thought a orc and night elf could agree.

All crafting professions give the same buff = 320 agi.
That being said, Engineering is pretty popular, especially with PVP since you get rocket boost and glider.
The convenience of Jeeves and portable mailbox is pretty nifty.

Taken from the hunter compendium sticky at the top:

VII. Professions

Blacksmith: 2 extra sockets for potential 320 agility if using Delicate Primordial Ruby or Perfect Delicate Pandarian Garnet
Jewelcrafting: 2 bonus gems Serpent's Eye which give a total of 320 agility
Inscription: Secret Tiger Claw Inscription - bonus 320 enchant to shoulders
Alchemy: Mixology bonus that gives 320 agility. Also flasks last 2 hours instead of 1.
Engineering: Synapse Springs, as well as Tinker's Gear which goes in cog sockets and gives 600 of a certain stat.
Leatherworking: Cheap bracer enchant that is 320 agility higher than the normal enchant.
Enchanting: Enchant Ring Agility - 160 agility to each ring
Tailoring: 4000 attack power proc that lasts 15 seconds on approx a 1 min CD.
Mining: 480 stamina
Herbalism: 2880 haste for 20s every 2 minutes and heals 13875 - 16125. Equivalent of 480 passive haste.
Skinning: 480 crit rating

+1 thanks man
I find the Engineering/Mining combo is hard to beat. Engineering for the awesome sh!t you can make. Boots and parachute/glider are just fun, not to mention life saving, in random bgs and world pvp. And the Synaps Spring for the gloves is another dps trink, albeit a small one. To level Engineering you will need ALOT of metal bars, which mining helps with. Plus the stam buff from mining is nice as well.
Mining is worthless for DPS though. Gethering professions are for alts.

Engineering actually averages out to more than 320AGI, due to the nature of being a cooldown. If the fight ends at exactly a 1 minute interval, then it was only worth 320AGI. Anything else and it is worth more. It's a small edge but its an edge. Many of the other toys contribute indirect DPS gains as well, which generally results in it being preferred. Also don't discount the awesomeness of having access to the eng only Banks/AH in shrine.

From there its really preference. If you raid often, Alchemy will probably save you the most money over the course of the expansion (double duration flasks). For example, my guild raids 2-3 nights a week for 2 hours... that is up to 500g/week saved.

Blacksmithing has a nice perk of being a socket. Which means if our secondary stats were ever revalued such that 2 secondary > 1 AGI, you'd have the flexibility to switch. But that isn't a concern right now.