DW Frost PvP (Where you all at!!!)

Death Knight
2H Frost
-V.Good burst damage but it's really unpredictable
(KM proc's with there 2h weapon so its hard to know when a KM will come)
-Main focus is Oblit
(cost's 2 runes so less room for error)
-Nice 100k+ KM's
(even better when set up with burst trinket's/on-use items)

DW Frost
-V.Good constant pressure since we get KM proc's more often
(KM proc's w/ main-hand and off-hand)
-Main focus is FS
(more room for utility HB/IT/CoI etc...)
-We don't get those 100k+ KM's but we get more frequent KM proc's
(I've gotten anywhere from 30k-70k KM's and with it proc'ing more often then 2H you can
see 3-4 KM proc's b4 a 2H get's his 1 at times)

You misunderstood what i was trying to say. I understand the difference between 2H and DW. That's why, from where I'm sitting, DW looks a lot better than 2H. DW has a lot of options open to them, while 2H can put out high Obliterate crits but not much else. I want someone who PvP's as 2H to tell me why exactly 2H is better than DW.
2H does not rely on oblit, thats false, yes its our main dmg, but FS and HB still deals alot. You have to stack haste though as 2H. I guess it is more for burst but i have no trouble dealing consistent pressure on a target.

Here is what 2H can do is timed with cooldowns/procs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4zPUUTtCU

Not knocking DW, I just prefer 2H.
i tried both this season and found i liked DW better.

the main thing i liked better was that your main damage-dealer does not compete for resources with CoI, DS, pillar, SR, IT or necro (necro was the big one for me).

OB hits harder than FS but FS is more spammable

I wouldn't say either is more or less unpredictable than the other.

main things i liked about 2H over DW:
2H provides more burst when your contact time with the target is limited

2H lets you go unholy or blood
So much interesting information, I'm glad that there are more players that DW. But lets make sure we don't turn this into a biased discussion, Some players prefer DW and others prefer 2h, each have their pros and cons. It really depends on your play style and what you enjoy when it comes to PVP.

Death Siphon should be an interesting talent come 5.2, I really wish it used an unholy rune instead though. But thats just hopeful wishing.

But I look forward to 5.2 with the minor changes!

True that!!!
Nice to see you here Cryptus I've followed you for a bit battletag me I would like to group with you at times and learn a few things to better my playstyle... Naglets#1536

Consider it done, I will add you now.
When Comparing Pressure in a Team fight (meaning there are heals/Hots Rolling)

trinkets procced

1 Obliterate = 85k (plate) 110-115k (cloth)

Trinkets Procced

2 necrotic strikes = 180-190k absorb + 12-18k dmg + 25% casting speed debuff

for the rune use Necrotics are just superior Pressure so i prefer DW to 2hnd since Necrotics dont gut my dmg they compliment it.

though on the other hand Sitting in Blood Presence is not feasible as DW frost (gotta glyph for presence dancing) so i do feel 2hnd Frost has innately better survivability since it can pressure while its defensive.

ahh well once unholys back i can have my Utility runes while sitting in Blood Presence and not even worry about Rune regen since SD's make it a none-issue
02/13/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Karaahl
I want someone who PvP's as 2H to tell me why exactly 2H is better than DW.

Burst is everything in pvp. 2h has more burst. That's about it.
Ok, someone please clarify this to me. My argument for why 2H is better simply comes down to the absorb based for your necrotic strike. Necrotic strike will hit harder and have a large absorb. 2H has more weapon damage than DW making it more useful. Again, I'd like someone who has tried both to confirm this:
Necrotic Strike
Melee Range
Instant
Requires Death Knight
Requires level 83
Requires Melee Weapon
A vicious strike that deals 150% weapon damage, absorbs the next (100 / 100 * AP) healing received by the target, and clouds the target's mind, slowing their casting speed by 50% (25% on player targets). Lasts 10 sec.

Buff
War Rage
You become angry like a warrior, stunning everything in your path.
Instant
10 second cooldown
DW DK since inception...both as pvp and tanking when Frost could tank.

Glyph Enduting Infection and let the Chillblains fly. I see so many people wasting globals trying to get it off of them. Aint happening.
Ok, someone please clarify this to me. My argument for why 2H is better simply comes down to the absorb based for your necrotic strike. Necrotic strike will hit harder and have a large absorb. 2H has more weapon damage than DW making it more useful. Again, I'd like someone who has tried both to confirm this:
Necrotic Strike
Melee Range
Instant
Requires Death Knight
Requires level 83
Requires Melee Weapon
A vicious strike that deals 150% weapon damage, absorbs the next (100 / 100 * AP) healing received by the target, and clouds the target's mind, slowing their casting speed by 50% (25% on player targets). Lasts 10 sec.

Buff

The damage from NS is negligible for DW or 2H. It's only 150% and mitigated by both resil and armor. The real power comes from the heal absorb that depends on AP, not % weapon damage.

I think of it in terms of the ''opportunity cost''...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

... essentially ''what am i losing by using runes on NS instead of OB?''... this cost is ~ 40% higher for 2H