Rare hunter pets and the realm-merge!!!!

Hunter
Anyone know what happens with rare hunter pets or mounts (or any rare in general) and the fact that the realms are now merged? Does that mean there is just a lot more competition for the rare now? Or do the rares spawn more often now? Anyone know?
More competition
02/04/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Aleriah
Anyone know what happens with rare hunter pets or mounts (or any rare in general) and the fact that the realms are now merged? Does that mean there is just a lot more competition for the rare now? Or do the rares spawn more often now? Anyone know?

I personally have come to the realization that I may be the only BM Hunter to not have a Spirit Beast.
It really comes down to what kind of populations you are linked to. If you are on a big population server or linked with one, then they can be quite rare. I am on a medium to small group, and I see spirit beasts and other rares at a fair pace.
I think there is another variable here that goes unmentioned. I was flying into Amberpine Lodge and saw Arcturis. I landed and Arcturis vanished and a hunter apperead. I asked him if he just tamed the bear, and he said he was waiting for it. I explained how I just saw it so i landed. He said, nope. it was never there, he had been watching for some time.

I see this same thing with other rares as well. Not phased rares, but rares I would normally see, but they vanish when I land (and stay vanished after that). It happens a lot with combat pets too. Flying over Felwood, I'll see the Minifernals. About 4 or 5 of them. When I land they all vanish, at the same time, as if phased.
I think there is another variable here that goes unmentioned. I was flying into Amberpine Lodge and saw Arcturis. I landed and Arcturis vanished and a hunter apperead. I asked him if he just tamed the bear, and he said he was waiting for it. I explained how I just saw it so i landed. He said, nope. it was never there, he had been watching for some time.

I see this same thing with other rares as well. Not phased rares, but rares I would normally see, but they vanish when I land (and stay vanished after that). It happens a lot with combat pets too. Flying over Felwood, I'll see the Minifernals. About 4 or 5 of them. When I land they all vanish, at the same time, as if phased.

OMG! About a week ago I saw Arcturis and started to tame him. 85% into the tame he vanished. I reported it to the bug people and got no respose.