sha of fear 10m normal question

Priest
My guild just tried this fight last night for the first time and we seemed to struggle getting the panda archer's down. Just wanted to know if maybe i should consider taking power infusion and MB talents for burst on these platforms? What talents are generally being used for this fight? any feedback will be appreciated! Thx in advance
When we first struggled on these platforms, we used to get everyone to save CD's for him. I tried power infusion but it was really worth it. Just save you CD's and you will be fine.

If you can't kill the archers in time you just need more dps, plain and simple.
MB maybe, PI no. If you're having problems getting them down, making your DPS burstier isn't going to help when you get platforms back to back.
I saved Shadowfiend for it (yeah, go go spriest CDs). I refreshed dots on all targets I could on the main platform before being sent to the Archer platform. I'm not entirely sure it worked but Iw as hoping my procs from FDCL and DI would come up while I was on the outside platform.

Other than that, make sure to eat up all the orbs (if you aren't doing that) since it heals him for a lot. During Death Blossom, you can use Dispersion to eat up any orbs that your group wasn't able to get before hiding behind the pillars.
Role with an extra tank until you guys get better gear. Tell dps to stop hogging all the orbs and focus on getting the panda down.
02/04/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Maxximuus
My guild just tried this fight last night for the first time and we seemed to struggle getting the panda archer's down. Just wanted to know if maybe i should consider taking power infusion and MB talents for burst on these platforms? What talents are generally being used for this fight? any feedback will be appreciated! Thx in advance

the way i do it is as follow:

1. save fiend for it
2. spec into FDCL since chances are you gonna be collecting orbs (and all 5 memebrs that get ported to plat should be on it) FDCL is good for movement
3. DPS him as much you can I even use potion and on use trinkets for monk
4. when dead blossom starts use dispersion and grab orbs while your team mates hide

-Key to killing monk in plat is collecting orbs they heal for a ton of damage and more time you waste on plat the less you have to kill adds out on main plat where Sha is the more chances you have of Sha cleaving tank for lo damage when other doesnt make it on time

Hope this helps and god luck on your kill....
Yeah I wouldn't recommend Mind bender since it does less damage than Shadow Fiend and if you pop your SF right when you hit the platform by the time you go back for the next panda it should be off cooldown again (assuming someone doesn't die and you get back to back cackles).

Fear ward is actually kind of useful if you don't use the "shaoffearassist" addon and are constantly getting feared by arrows. I used FDCL and DI so I could run around grabbing orbs and still have a decent chance of big insta cast crits.

As mentioned above you can use Despersion during death blossom to gather orbs, but if your guild has the tank do it, make sure once you're behind the pillar to use Halo, as it will go through the pillar and smack the panda for a 200k crit as well as heal nearby raid members.

Another fun thing is that you can cast SW:P and DP on the panda while you're still being transported to the platform, meaning a little more dps before combat even begins.

Hope this helps!
I think a lot of the challenges with platforms, is getting orbs. After X seconds, orbs heal the pandas for a LOT. You can't afford an Orb going off.
^ True. I think each orb heals the panda for 5% of his total health. No matter how beast your dps is you won't do 5% of his HP in the 3 seconds it takes you to grab a nearby orb.
02/04/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Nixxe
MB maybe, PI no. If you're having problems getting them down, making your DPS burstier isn't going to help when you get platforms back to back.

I don't think you can get sent to a platform back to back on 10 man. I've never seen it happen unless someone dies or you otherwise don't have 10 players.
I'm starting to heal Sha of Fear normal 10man mode.

What's the best rotation healing the tank when you don't get taken?
I was struggling pretty bad with mana. Thanks for your time.
-Priest is disc
PW:S -> Penance -> Greater Heal if the tank needs healing. If he is correctly using active mitigation, you can easily get away with using PW:S on your tank every 15 seconds and then Atonement healing.
02/05/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Darthsiddeus
I think a lot of the challenges with platforms, is getting orbs. After X seconds, orbs heal the pandas for a LOT. You can't afford an Orb going off.
The trick to the platforms is orbs as has been mentioned. As the healer that goes with you needs to collect some of the orbs before they oom I suggest using VE when you arrive to help them out. You will also want to divide the platform into thirds and collect orbs that are in your area, rather than have one person assigned since they have a tendency to spawn behind someone moving in the opposite direction. We usually divide it into Left | Stairs | Right, the healer always takes the stairs side so they don't have to move much initially. You will want to have the archer near 20% around death blossom, and have 1-2 players using a cooldown during the cast to collect orbs so they don't heal him during. As shadow, dispersion works well for this, as does Deterrence, tanking cooldowns etc.
I do not raid as priest, but I play warrior tank (Cleat on Gurubashi Horde if you want to look it up). We were having issues with DPS and getting back before the next cackle went off and Sha started blowing everyone up with reaching touch (I think thats the name of it).

As far as personal CDs, the kind of killed shadow priest when they got rid of dark archangel as far as major offensive CDs. However when were were finally able to down it, its because myself (as warrior tank) and whichever of our 2 heals was at platform with me were the ONLY ones getting orbs. The only time we ever had a dps get orbs was when it started doing the death blossom.

Our shadow priest made sure it was full dotted and then would vampiric embrace + dispersion and I would straight tank it through the deathblossom, getting crazy high vengeance and blowing all my CDS + execute. Was hitting like a truck.

It also helps if any class that can use a defensive to live through the death blossom without LOSing does so to keep DPS up. Hunter deterence, warrior would use die by the sword and shield wall if needed, druid dps used defensives ect.

The key is really having NO ONE take orbs besides tank and healer and making sure that none heal the guy as previously stated.

Also remember that bloodlust will be back up towards end of fight. You can use this on the pillar to down it faster and get back to sha, or use it after a pillar to get more burst on sha when the other group is taken away by cackle.
ty priest community for all the feedback and suggestions we were able to get him down tonight!!!!!
02/06/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Ashleycakez
PW:S -> Penance -> Greater Heal if the tank needs healing. If he is correctly using active mitigation, you can easily get away with using PW:S on your tank every 15 seconds and then Atonement healing.

Besides the dodging and weaving this worked pretty good, thanks. We didn't have the dps so we stopped though. Maybe next week.
02/06/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Maxximuus
ty priest community for all the feedback and suggestions we were able to get him down tonight!!!!!

Grats on finishing tier 14!