Mr. Robot makes me skeptical

Warlock
I've done almost everything Mr. Robot has told me for Affliction, not the hit build.

Now, it makes me skeptical by reforging stats, even out of hit, is a logical idea. My dps can peak to 50k at the moment. Mr. Robot (I believe) claims that somehow I can hit about 94k, I'm not sure how that makes any sense and maybe the number on the top right (optimization and what not) means something else.

Anyways, going without the hit build seems sketchy. I have literally NO hit whatsoever and it can be kind of annoying having to spend more globals trying to dot or use MG because I missed. I don't know if this is detrimental to my dps but I certainly have been doing a lot more now (without reforging hit) then I was originally before I went to this website.

I don't really know where to go from here. I just feel like there has to be some hit but it claims not. It claims that mastery, intellect and haste will make up for forging out of hit.
If Mr. Crapbot is telling you that you should be hitting 94k DPS in that gear, either you're reading it wrong or that site is worse than I remember.
I need an answer to the question, though.
If you're having trouble keeping up your DoTs etc due to hit, then hit cap. You should never be below 12%. SimC and mrrobot are not perfect.
AMR, to my knowledge, does not customize its stat weights to your gear level. It takes the standard stat weights, which include whatever stats the player already has (likely quite a bit of Hit), and goes from there.

I never even thought to view the score as DPS. But, now that I think of it... it's not, it's a score. It doesn't tell you what your DPS should be, since stat weights show how much DPS you'll gain per stat, not how much DPS each point of a stat is worth on your current gear.

If you're bad at playing under Hit cap, get the Hit cap. It will lessen your potential slightly, but make it much easier on you. In the end, it's the DPS you do that matters, not the DPS that's possible.
I don't necessarily have trouble in dungeons, but I would assume hit would be good for raids, no matter if the dps is claimed higher by not having much hit.

I'll try getting it to 12% then..it won't be easy :P.
It also makes me skeptical reforging literally everything to hit.

Right now I reforged everything to hit. Mostly crit but sometimes I even had to reforge mastery and haste to hit.

I don't know man, it'll probably get better when I actually get raid gear because i'm sacrificing a lot of dps by reforging this much to hit.
02/06/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Electrøflux
I don't know man, it'll probably get better when I actually get raid gear because i'm sacrificing a lot of dps by reforging this much to hit.

If it lowers your dps ... then don't do it?

Hit is kind of a tricky stat. Its value fluctuates based on your reaction times and how well you react to missed casts. If you are really good at it, the value of hit is lower. If you don't react well to missed casts, and end up letting Agony lose its stacks, or don't notice that Corruption isn't on your target because you didn't realize it missed, the value of hit goes up.

Try a few different reforges, and then see how you perform. Do the first half of Mogu'shan LFR with low hit, moderate hit, and capped hit.

Also, keep in mind that the default stat weights on Mr Robot are just that -- defaults. You can run Simcraft on yourself to get more specific stat weights and use those. Mr Robot's a tool, not an oracle.
It also makes me skeptical reforging literally everything to hit.
Then do what you want. Sims can't know how you play. They can tell you what perfect numbers or situations would be. If you're a god at watching DoTs then don't worry as much about hit. If you would rather have consistency then get hit capped.

You lose theoretical DPS by reforging to hit. Yeah, your top end DPS with great luck will probably be lower, but your average DPS will be similar if not better. But if you want to trust Sims so much and forgo logic and experimentation, then go back to super low hit.
Alright, I see where you're coming from.

I seem capable enough of managing my dots effectively without the hit but I'd rather not be frustrated everytime by missing things like haunt and what not, that'd be annoying, so I'll stay at 12% hit, it seems to be okay so far.
Best bet is to find your stat weights (by simming) and THEN implementing your stat weights into AMR. I still have a trouble with it myself, a long with Sim Craft (dunno how to use reforge plots).

SimCraft a lone says with my gear I should do 100k DPS, but I dunno how accurate it is.
Mrrobot doesn't predict your expected DPS. The number you are referring to is your gear score from Mrrobot. You have a 94k gear score in your current gear, where as in my gear I have a 154k gear score. Your misinterpreting what Mrrobot is telling you. Your also not doing what it's telling you to do. If you hit optimize and do everything it tells you to do, your score will jump up to 102k.