What is the point of the Water Walking Mount?

General Discussion
***This happened to me last night in AB. I tried to ride from stables to BS for the first time and the bug just sank***

Other than being a cool vanity mount, what is its point?

I got exalted with the anglers because i thought it would be a unique mount to use in BG's. The first time i used it was in a rated BG, and the mount just sank when i tried to ride it over the water. I was ok with this as it was a rated BG. Yet when i tried to do the same in a normal BG, the same result happend!

So then what usefulness does it have? I can use it in eversong forest, Ghostlands, and Isle of Quel'danas?

I can understand if its just a gimmick mount, but i dont get why i cant water walk with it in normal BG's.

"Because it provides a significant advantage in some battlegrounds and would make players feel like they have to farm this mount to stay competitive." -(Blizzard CM)

This is the best response i think blizzard could give and i called total arbitrary silliness (read: BS) on that one. There are so many trinkets and toys that i have aside from that mount that give me an edge in BG's and they work just fine. And who actually cares about staying 'competitive' in normal BG's anyway?

-Hardened shell lets me dismount people outright.

-The Stormwing banner that you get from Argent Crusade dailies allows me to carefully place it in front of the either still capping flag or a capped flag, and make a frantic flag clicker sit in stupor as to why the 'capping' bar hasnt started filling. (You be surprised how often this works, buying you precious seconds to do what you need to).

-The Mr. Smite trinket + Vrykul drinking horn + any mammoth mount = My giant model size allows me to sit on top of a flag making it completely unclickable

-Hell, one of blizzards own creations completely changes the dynamic of some battle in AV every season : the hard packed snowball. Wanna defend a tower with 1 button? Face the entrance and as soon as your opponent lines up with his back to the ledge, gg see you next time you try to climb up again.

-The goblin glider speaks for itself as well.

Yet, a water walking mount wont work.

Heres to hoping its a bug.
01/31/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Vomax
Heres to hoping its a bug.
It is.

It's a water strider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerridae

Har har har.
01/31/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Vomax
"Because it provides a significant advantage in some battlegrounds and would make players feel like they have to farm this mount to stay competitive." -(Blizzard CM)

This doesn't hold any water with me. DKs have a group water walking buff. Shamans can do it, too. Rogues can sprint across the water. Druids can swim across. Everyone has access to water walking elixirs, if they really want to use them.

There's really no good reason not to allow the mount to function in BGs.
It's like a poor mans path of frost spell except less than useful because you can't fish from your mount. I've never gotten the raft but that looks a lot more useful IMO.

edit: I'd have no problem with it being useful in a BG, my only guess is to keep people on the boats for SotA?
Its purpose is to have the cutest "special animation" a mount could have. I love just sitting on that mount and spamming the space bar in cities.
It's dumb because Warlocks have access to that stupid minor glyph anyway.

I'm all for flavor but when other classes finally have an answer and that gets taken away its kinda dumb.
ZG runs (to Lynx), still useful there. Personally I see the Water Walking akin to passenger mounts. Having 2 (or 3 ) people with you vs walker faster against a tiny little pond in AB...yeah, I don't see a major off-balance in utility either way.
Im really hoping a blue answers this. Ied love to see what reasoning they give.
Yeah who needs a bug when you have path of frost?! NOT ME MOM!
***This happened to me last night in AB. I tried to ride from stables to BS for the first time and the bug just sank***

Other than being a cool vanity mount, what is its point?

Shaman have a glyph to water walk in wolf form.. same thing. It's great when you can't fly and don't want water to slow you down, like Shado pan heroic... yeah it's short pond, but it helps don't knock it!
Im not knocking it, i personally think its great! Im just angry that blizzard is gimping it in BG's when theres so many other classes, and toys you can use to help you water walk/jump and yet this one single mount doesnt work? Why??