5.2 anything like 5.0 ?

Paladin
So when the arena season first started me and my son hovered around the 1700 arena rating mark nothing awsome but it was fun for us... since the 5.1 healing nerfs our team (ret, shadow) goes up and down but never rises above 1550... this is upsetting obviously.

Wha im asking is any of you that have played on ptr were the changes enough to at least give us a bit more survival? im not a reroll type guy i love this toon.
As more healers get more and more gears they become harder to kill, even if you are getting better gears too. Double DPS works exceptional at the start for that reason. Go Holy Paladin. Holy/Shadow is a decent 2's comp and you might have some fun with it.
Spreist/holy is a fun team vs double dps. You are almost unkillable without good enemy coordination

However, it can be maddening to fight another healer/dps comp. Spreists burst is pretty RNG based so if procs dont align when you need them for a kill it can get very frustrating.

That being said, proper usage of yalls cc's can create the pressure needed for a kill without needing to pray to the RNG gods
02/02/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Wrexsoul
As more healers get more and more gears they become harder to kill, even if you are getting better gears too. Double DPS works exceptional at the start for that reason. Go Holy Paladin. Holy/Shadow is a decent 2's comp and you might have some fun with it.

Actually i disagree.. if you look at previous seasons, DPS trends to scale better as the seasons go on and healers were godlike at the start of expansions.
As new teir pve gear became more and more powerful, more pvpers were using pve gear in arena and rbgs and damage became unhealable..
Look what happened in season 11 with legendarys, heroic cunning, gurth, vial ect ect and all the other OP trinkets and weapons..
IF healers were managing to keep the damage under control, it was only a matter of time before they were oom.

Pvp power was brought in to stem that problem with PVE gear being mandatory in pvp..
Only problem will be, to avoid the pve gear being to powerful, bliz needs offset pvp gear with more and more pvp power..
Sustained damage doesn't apply enough pressure atm, it's all this cc combind with these giant crazy crits we are seeing from certain spells and abilities that are doing half people's health pools in 1 crit..
It'll only get burstier with pvp power getting greater and greater..
Look at the difference in say, a dk with none pvp weapon to a dk with a malevolent weapon..
Maybe they'll get the numbers right but I dunno, I'm skeptical..