Looking for a better router

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Right now I'm using a Linksys wireless G- 2.4.

It works fine until my wife comes home and watches Lost on Netflix. I'm thinking maybe a different, newer router might help rout the information so wow doesn't become unplayable at night when things like rated BGs and raids are going on.... I mean, I can't really do anything even in less serious 4.x raids even.

I'm going to be replacing the router even if I just get a new Linksys of the same type. I just have to do *something*.
I mean, forget about gaming. The whole internet is slowed down. I can hardly even use a browser. It's interfering with my ability to do business related tasks online.
I'm going to go to best buy and see what they suggest and just go with it.
If you're on a budget, Best Buy may be a good route to go. If you're not so much on a budget and want a good router that can do all the things you want at the same time, go with this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320115
I would think that's your internet connection rather then router. Get a better connection or change providers.
02/06/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Galluccio
I mean, forget about gaming. The whole internet is slowed down. I can hardly even use a browser. It's interfering with my ability to do business related tasks online.

I seriously think it's your internet and not your router like stated above. You can try to get a new router and see but I'm not sure. Do you know what internet speed you pay for?
http://www.speedtest.net/

If your speed is too low while Netflix is taking all of it then it'll be a problem.
I'm not on a budget at all.

I was having trouble just doing business when my wife was doing net flix. So, I purchased the most expensive link sys router I could find which was about $180.

The connection is working better than ever. I can net flix going in the other room, my wife has it going, I'm doing a download, I have tried up to 3 instances of wow... and connection is fantastic.

Best. Purchase. This. Month.

Edit: I have the best speed internet connection that comcast offers right now. I pay the bucks to get the best. I don't hold back. I'm not hurting for money we'll say.

Am I hurting for number of boss kills? Absolutely. I only have the first boss down on normal mode in Vaults.