New Rep Faction in 5.2 earned from Raiding?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
02/01/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Shockem

Just like in 5.0. Does doing the easy content earn you the least rewards? Apparently so.

In 5.0 rep wasn't tide to raids there’s a difference here I love LFR because I don't have to commit to a set day/time every week! I have a family and a life so LFR has been a real nice feature for me.

How are you harmed by being slightly behind others as long as there is plenty of time to get the needed rep before the gear becomes irrelevant?

And why wouldn't easier content give lesser rewards? Part of the big problem in 5.0 was that the lesser content - dailies - were in fact giving greater rewards than the content that required more effort to access. Dailies - no gear requires, can pop right in using leveling greens and blues. LFR - required specific gear levels that had to be grinded out. There were more demands on those doing LFR but they were rewarded less.
@Bashiok: Just wanted to opine that this sounds in theory like a reasonable system that works as Valor was originally intended to work: as an offset to atrocious luck w/ the RNG gods. This is a good thing. I'm going to withhold judgement until I see the actual implementation of the system however.

My main hope is that there is some hope for the weapon slot because it is so vital and yet so atrociously hard to fill in my limited (LFR-heavy) raid experience. I feel very gimped because the weapon upgrade is so vital relative to other pieces. Working through the tier 2 raid with Heroic level blue weapon doesn't sound like much fun, so I hope there's something intermediate available without slamming my face against the Tsulong/Lei Shi brick wall some more.
Oh no! You have to earn your rep. HOW UNFAIR!
02/01/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Acemanau
Oh no! You have to earn your rep. HOW UNFAIR!

No one in LFR earns anything. It is handed to them for waiting 30sec to 45min to queue into the raid.
Well, if there's a rep from raiding, I may have to finally bite the bullet and try LFR. I'd better practice turning my growl off... ;)
02/01/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Jujubiju
It doesn't make any sense unless the upgrade vendors stay in. I don't mind the idea putting the best gear behind raidfactions but I do mind not being able to spend my vp. And as long as LFR is considered raiding, I have a problem with it. It is easier to get carried through there then LFD. But after all it's Blizz new baby. Everybody has to love it or stay behind.

It makes plenty of sense.

Bashiok, basically confirmed something I've been telling your crowd for a while:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811651378?page=4#77

VP gear was never meant to gear you up. It is there as a means to bad RNG in raids. They are just going back to that this coming patch.

And, yes, despite popular belief: LFR (Looking for Raid) is still considered a raid:

1) Requires more than 5 breathing zombies to be at their keyboards and participating.
2) Has a similar lockout on gear the way a normal raid has a weekly lockout.
3) Has slightly harder mechanics than a 5 man does- but not so hard that people can't get the content down.

The only difference is you can still run LFR all day if you want to; you just can't get gear unless using a token.

First off, I talk about the upgrade vendors. I know I will not get the new vp gear because I don't even do LFR except to see the content once or twice. The upgrade vendors would have been enough for me to at least get some sense of progression.

Second, it now requires 25 breathing zombies who actually have it easier to be carried through because of the amount involved. The content might be harder but as long as 3/4th of the raid do a good job the others don't need to do anything at all. Had a tank in LFR today who was peridically AFK. A tank! Thankfully the other was enough to get the job done up to the last boss.
02/01/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Eliesa
Well, if there's a rep from raiding, I may have to finally bite the bullet and try LFR. I'd better practice turning my growl off... ;)

We might need your pet to tank.
02/01/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Joynal
And why wouldn't easier content give lesser rewards?

You do know that the drops are still 25-30 ilvls lower, right? Why nerf the rep on top of that?
don't worry guys you can get the reputation in LFR, they wouldnt want all of their casual noob subscribers to cancel now would they?
02/01/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Sorchia
don't worry guys you can get the reputation in LFR, they wouldnt want all of their casual noob subscribers to cancel now would they?

Maybe they can get trolls like yourself to though. :)
cry more, casuals
02/01/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Littledeer
First off, I talk about the upgrade vendors. I know I will not get the new vp gear because I don't even do LFR except to see the content once or twice. The upgrade vendors would have been enough for me to at least get some sense of progression.

I mean no offense here but I am still trying to fathom why you need epics if you have absolutely no interest in group content. As I've been telling you for a long time: VP gear was meant to supplement bad RNG- not to gear your toon all the way up via VP.

I have certain toons I don't raid on- I don't feel that they need VP gear to do any solo activity. I think the most those toons have ever geared up would have been blue quality gear. If the mobs in outside areas or old raids were virtually impossible to solo due to gear, then mayhap you would have a reason to begrudge about this.

Okay, so they gave you guys some shinies for rep in a patch- heck you could get shinies for rep in just about every first tier rep since LK- you just had to spend gold. This is pretty much how they've always done it. Tying VP gear behind reps was just a bad experiment in general. So now, they are trying a new experiment.

As for the vendors: there is a reason they are taking them away- they have even stated why. Maybe you should try reading the blue posts every once in a while.

I also still think Bliz needs to figure out at which point in an expansion that people start really leaving due to lack of anything better to do. Generally, it's not possible to fully gear up fully from just VP gear in the first or second patch- there's usually something they leave off the vendors. It's not normally until the final patch of an expac.
02/01/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Bashiok
Yes, you gain rep from boss kills once per week regardless of difficulty.

Tell me again how killing the same bosses over and over again in the mechanicless, +50% damage buff LFR version of the fights is different from:

02/01/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Bashiok
"Huzzah! The hero hath once again slain many inconsequential foes, to leap through thine magic portal, and oft returneth to... doeth the same task over and again! Verily, this is a champion worthy of our shiny baubles and trinkets."

Inquiring minds want to know.
Meh. I am ilevel 449 on this toon. I have only did a handful of dailies for the first set of reps when mists launched. After a few days of that and after getting master of the ways, I stopped logging in.

Gone are the days when I have 5 main characters at relatively equal levels and raiding. Sorry but this expansion has flopped for me. I will never do dailies.

I grinded out 1,600 hodir tokens in 5 days and that gave all my my characters the bonus with that rep. I did that JUST so I didnt have to do any dailies at all.

World of Dailiescraft has just about gotten me to quit. Im still holding out hope for the WOTLK/Cata way of doing things. Ill be off to basic training for the US Army in april too September. If things have not changed by that time, Ill be going to archage and canceling my account. Dont know why I have not done so yet, all of my friends quit because of this because their friends quit because of this too. Oh well.
02/01/2013 11:59 PMPosted by Jujubiju

I mean no offense here but I am still trying to fathom why you need epics if you have absolutely no interest in group content. As I've been telling you for a long time: VP gear was meant to supplement bad RNG- not to gear your toon all the way up via VP.

I have certain toons I don't raid on- I don't feel that they need VP gear to do any solo activity. I think the most those toons have ever geared up would have been blue quality gear. If the mobs in outside areas or old raids were virtually impossible to solo due to gear, then mayhap you would have a reason to begrudge about this.

Okay, so they gave you guys some shinies for rep in a patch- heck you could get shinies for rep in just about every first tier rep since LK- you just had to spend gold. This is pretty much how they've always done it. Tying VP gear behind reps was just a bad experiment in general. So now, they are trying a new experiment.

As for the vendors: there is a reason they are taking them away- they have even stated why. Maybe you should try reading the blue posts every once in a while.

I also still think Bliz needs to figure out at which point in an expansion that people start really leaving due to lack of anything better to do. Generally, it's not possible to fully gear up fully from just VP gear in the first or second patch- there's usually something they leave off the vendors. It's not normally until the final patch of an expac.

Asking why he NEEDS epics is like asking me the following.

Why did I NEED to buy my 2013 chevy silverado crew cab Z71 4x4 5.3L 315 horse power truck when I dont have anything to tow and my family could have gotten by with a toyota minivan. $29,300 with extended warrenty paid off is more expensive then the minivan, I love cash.

Why did I NEED to go out and spend $1,550 on a Rock River Arms Elite Operator AR-15?

Why did I NEED to go spend $550 for a EOtech Zombie Stopper optic sight?

Lastly, why did I NEED to buy my wife a new laptop when she already has a great computer & Ipad?

The answer is this. None of this matters as its my money and My life. You are in no place to dictate what others NEED or dont NEED. If your trying to ask that, then I ask you. Why do you NEED a computer? You could "Get By" without it and world of warcraft all together.
02/01/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Fairadey

Maybe they can get trolls like yourself to though. :)

Trolling is one thing, being brutally honest is something else completely, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Off topic but related, with regards to the current valor gear being downgraded to justice next tier:

Any chance we can get a better way to earn justice point than simply farming instances ALL DAY just to get one piece? Trying to gear my alt ele shaman up in preparation for next tier and working on getting my reps up so I can ACCESS the gear, still leaves the problem of having to do roughly 20 dungeons just to cap once, let alone the amount you need to get full rep gear.

Perhaps add the justice points for random queues over valor cap back in, or justice for dailies over valor cap.
02/01/2013 11:59 PMPosted by Jujubiju

The reasons they give make no sense at all. They could just keep the new stuff from being upgraded.

You know that it is easier to even do dailies with an higher ilvl, especially Shado Pan. Ilcl 440 makes things reallt long and hard, ilvl 460 makes them easier, ilvl 480 makes them faceroll. Unless of course you get carried through groupcontent (LFG).
Off topic but related, with regards to the current valor gear being downgraded to justice next tier:
Any chance we can get a better way to earn justice point than simply farming instances ALL DAY just to get one piece? Trying to gear my alt ele shaman up in preparation for next tier and working on getting my reps up so I can ACCESS the gear, still leaves the problem of having to do roughly 20 dungeons just to cap once, let alone the amount you need to get full rep gear.

Perhaps add the justice points for random queues over valor cap back in, or justice for dailies over valor cap.

5.0/5.1 gear is not downgraded to justice. The price is lowered.
BTW, Jujubiju, why do you need epics? I mean LFR is faceroll, carry through. Raids are tuned for heroics dungeon blues. And heroic raids, well you can pick that up during LFR/normal raiding. So heroics don't need to offer any epics because the next tier will be based on the lowest raid factor. You are just taking away from your challenge.

Nobody needs better gear but it is the carrot on the stick that keeps you going. Everybody likes to advance their toons and level has been changed to ilvl in endgame.