Your thoughts on Divine Storm?

Paladin
Personally, I think it should be changed a bit. Perhaps an x% chance on any successful Templar's Verdict to make it free? That would let the ability see more use but further solidify the whole Retribution is dependent on RNG thing.

How would you change it, if at all?
It doesn't need to be changed. It's a powerful AoE ability.

Besides, we already have the fancy spinning hammers in our single-target rotation.
I don't feel Divine Storm needs any changes; it's already worth using in every situation that is not strictly single-target. And between that, HotR, and (if used) the Exo glyph and Light's Hammer, our AoE is pretty solid.

I would like to see HotR become usable without a target, though. Lei Shi sucks as ret :p
Divine Storm is fine

02/07/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Ravicana
HotR become usable without a target

Thats what we really need
02/07/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Coroniel
That would let the ability see more use

Just because an ability is best used situationally doesn't mean it has a limited use. Are you not using it on 3 or more targets? You should be. You should be replacing Templar's Verdict with Divine Storm when there are 3 or more targets. Just as you should replace Crusader's Strike with Hammer of the Righteous with 2 or more targets.

I don't think that Divine Storm needs fixing. I do think you MIGHT need to do a little more research on your rotation if you think that DS doesn't have a valid use.
02/08/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Mahvet
Just because an ability is best used situationally doesn't mean it has a limited use. Are you not using it on 3 or more targets? You should be. You should be replacing Templar's Verdict with Divine Storm when there are 3 or more targets.

DS actually beats TV on two targets.
02/08/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Keten
Just because an ability is best used situationally doesn't mean it has a limited use. Are you not using it on 3 or more targets? You should be. You should be replacing Templar's Verdict with Divine Storm when there are 3 or more targets.

DS actually beats TV on two targets.

So.... it does! Huh, yeah I just had to look that up to verify. Thanks! :D
I would like to see HotR become usable without a target, though. Lei Shi sucks as ret :p

this
I say they should at least let us use Divine Storm if we have just one or two holy power, with the damage going from least to most depending on how much hopo we use for it. Like they did with it in Cata, if I remember right.
That way we can at least set if off when we feel it's needed, instead of having to wait to use our best aoe. I'd like it if they changed Templar's Verdict back the same way it was too.

I hate this forced to have 3 hopo crap. God forbid I want to let off a 2 hopo TV on an enemy with a small bit of health with HoW on cooldown.
Lei Shi sucks as ret :p

Lei Shi sucks for everyone. It's a stupid fight with irritating mechanics and is heavily dependant on RNG, a bad thing for the 2nd last boss of the tier, and has the tendancy to waste everyone's cooldowns. Even worse, her voice. I want to kill her, not remove the Sha's influence. I want to tear her stubby little arms off and force feed them to her via her oversized stupid head.