Blizzard's Prioritization of Thread Responses

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
02/07/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Osmeric
Power Word: Cowbell.

Obligatory link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsUf_oIgp0
Ryg, are you the night shift guy? Err.. bird?
We answer what we can. Not replying to a thread does not mean it wasn't noticed. We read and track numerous discussion topics daily and relay that feedback to the developers in weekly meetings.

Forward looking questions like "When is the patch coming out?" or "When will <insert request here> happen?"; an answer may not be available until all the details have been confirmed internally. Other times, the questions themselves are loaded or leading.

Sooo... like.. ahh.. umm.. When is that patch coming out... and stuff? ;)
Conversely, some of the most useful Blue posts I’ve seen have said something along the lines of ‘good stuff here, we’re interested in where this thread is going’. If anything is likely to get posters putting their thinking caps on to reason through and articulate their ideas, a comment like that will. It not only draws attention to a thread but shows it’s in the spot light and relevant to current discussions and is positive to the posters.

On the other hand, the CMs have a lot of same old dross and negativity to read through. I don’t blame them for interjecting in something light and different.

The real question, when is Power Word: Bird going to happen? Answer me blues!

Yikes…b-b-b-b-b-bird-is-the-word…potentially far more annoying than the toy train set.
Power Word: Galleon

Though I think 200+ Galleons would be a bit crowded.

A perfect example of blue spending time to chime in with a feeble attempt at humor which further derails the thread. It would be nice to see more participation in game discussions and less in threads like hug a gnome or what cereal do you eat or what's your favorite /flirt.

I'm a hippogryph, what's this? You look like you need a hug, you get a hug.

/hug

Now that you've had your hug, please take some time to check out this helpful thread by Nethaera, [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409"]Getting the Most Out of the Forums[/url]. We welcome constructive feedback.

By the power vested in me as a sorta priest and regular contributor (*cough*) of our Power Word thread, I will do my best to snipe the next thread title in your honor.

Snowy is an occasional visitor to the thread, bringing insightful yet ¬_¬ posts, since she's a knowledge filled real priest and been on the forums since I was a wee widdle priestnub.

ps. my power is limited to being on the forum at the moment of current PW thread cappage and being able to type fast enough to put up the next thread. So no breath holding - it may be Tuesday or Not Tuesday.
02/07/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Tortirra

Ah, but I do not have a date to give out regarding that, yet. I can say that advance notice will be given, so there will be time to let everyone prepare for things like Currency Conversions and such.
We answer what we can. Not replying to a thread does not mean it wasn't noticed. We read and track numerous discussion topics daily and relay that feedback to the developers in weekly meetings.

Forward looking questions like "When is the patch coming out?" or "When will <insert request here> happen?"; an answer may not be available until all the details have been confirmed internally. Other times, the questions themselves are loaded or leading.

Tuesday.

Not that Tuesday.

That Tuesday.

again, not that Tuesday.

But Tuesday.
02/07/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Advicetroll

Nope. I have other tasks (All of us have other tasks; there is no sit around all day and read the forums guy/gal.) like compiling Patch 5.2 PTR Patch Notes that take up a good chunk of the day. The process is much more involved than it appears.

speaking of which, when are we getting gnome hunters
02/07/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Rygarius

Nope. I have other tasks (All of us have other tasks; there is no sit around all day and read the forums guy/gal.) like compiling [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_5-2_5_2013"]Patch 5.2 PTR Patch Notes[/url] that take up a good chunk of the day. The process is much more involved than it appears.

I envision this massive MCP running in the heart of the Blizzard server room, processing thousands of change request tickets a minute... the developers feeding in their line by line updates, the MCP sending QA attack craft to test the mettle of the changes. If they survive and make it out of the game grid into the main system, you channel the massive datastreams of change titles through and assemble the master patch notes (MPN) which then defines the official changes and serves as a guide to the users and programs of the system. The unified knowledge of each moment in history is preserved and the millions of micro-cycles of dev time is channeled into the light, which then radiates throughout the system and bursts outwards, becoming the many fragmented realities we call our home realms.

Is it pretty much like that?
I think it would be great if there was a little blue dot a Blizzard employee could pop onto a thread just as a sign there were there reading, just that alone would give players the feeling they're being listened to.
02/07/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Lethalock
I think it would be great if there was a little blue dot a Blizzard employee could pop onto a thread just as a sign there were there reading, just that alone would give players the feeling they're being listened to.

Then they'd play a game of "Hey, my post has been up for XX hours, why hasn't a Blue read it yet". so BLizz will play a game of "Touch Football to NOT be the guy that spends hours adding blue dots to forum posts.".

Nope. I have other tasks (All of us have other tasks; there is no sit around all day and read the forums guy/gal.) like compiling [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_5-2_5_2013"]Patch 5.2 PTR Patch Notes[/url] that take up a good chunk of the day. The process is much more involved than it appears.

Except for Zarhym right?

I hear he just spends all day throwing bean bags at people while yelling "Shadowbolt!".

I'm sure that's what you tell your boss.
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with OP...
I like reading blue responses, get a lot of laughs and really enjoy them.

However when topics like most of the ones that get blue posts get them over a topic like say

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810522637?page=11

Which if I'm not mistaken STILL HAS NO PROOF that either one has ever dropped really needs blizz attention...

Prioritization is everything, that's a big issue topic that needs blue attention, should at least get a "Hey we see this is an issue forwarding this onto dev's to see what the problem is" instead of nothing and then play topics or questions easily answered by the community getting posts.

the topic that was previously mentioned:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7855695754#1

very first reply said everything the blue said, then the blue posted(P.S. I love Critho not blaming or flaming him)

but the first link I posted is up to 26 pages and not even a "Hey we see this topic"

And before you post saying it would just bring on every topic demanding blues confirm they read them, NO IT WOULDN'T.
What it would bring is appreciation from the community that blizz would at least acknowledge things that could be as monumental a screw up as the sha/galleon mounts not dropping...
Heaven forbid they socialize with people for the fun of it ;)