Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 4)

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
I have been asking around in trade both Alliance and Horde on two servers, no one has the mounts or knows of anyone with them.
Apparently the Europeans may be coming out of the denial phase http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6533734874
02/08/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Evilmuffin
"Yes, we are indeed looking in to it, to see if there is a problem."

They have via twitter yet that HASN'T proven to be the case, now has it? Granted, I'm one of the 'stop using twitter and other social media to post information' crowd and have been for quite some time.

However that doesn't preclude the fact they have said OFFICIALLY no less, that they 'are monitoring the issue to see if there's a problem'. This statement means that as of right now, there IS no discernable issue but the possibility of an unforseen issue is ..well possible.
02/08/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Kamillia
I have been asking around in trade both Alliance and Horde on two servers, no one has the mounts or knows of anyone with them.

I have been asking and I even made a post in my realm forums for people to come forth with the mounts, or anyone that knows someone with it ,and can link the armory

We have to put the call out on our realms if after all that no one can provide a sha mount then yeah its not on live.
Anyone who says it's merely just unlikely but possible doesn't understand the concept of statistics.

Go and randomly shuffle a card deck until you get all 52 cards in the exact same order twice and get back to me on that
02/08/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
This statement means that as of right now, there IS no discernable issue
It could mean that, but given everything we have seen in the past 4 threads it is more likely that they are looking into it and don't want to say anything before they lock onto what is causing the problem. On top of that (If there is a bug, which is very likely) they have to figure out a way to announce it to people that have spent dozens of coins solely for the mount.

That or they could just stealth fix it and not say anything.
i just looked in wowhead.ccom it said the odds were 1 in 2214 a .05% chance of a drop

lets say you loot him 4428 times and it drop on the last two times you looted the odds are still 1 in 2214

i will wait intlll some has looted him 4500 times them self before i will complain because the main thing that you all may have forgot is that the odds never go up or down like on a roulette table you play 16 red 100 times every time odds sre 1 in 36

That drop was on the ptr prior to live..look at the kills

I have killed him 18 times on this toon alone, not counting alts I have never seen any mount drop for any one
i just looked in wowhead.ccom it said the odds were 1 in 2214 a .05% chance of a drop

lets say you loot him 4428 times and it drop on the last two times you looted the odds are still 1 in 2214

i will wait intlll some has looted him 4500 times them self before i will complain because the main thing that you all may have forgot is that the odds never go up or down like on a roulette table you play 16 red 100 times every time odds sre 1 in 36
As has been posted multiple times before that data is from the PTR, the wowhead addon can not track the "LFR" loot system that Sha and Galleon use. You will also notice all his other possible loot is only 1/2214 and has been like that for months.
02/08/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Gradyr

The droprates on all lfr bosses and sha/galleon are from early beta when the loot system was different for them and wowhead was actually able to track what people got.

Once the system changed later into the beta wowhead has been unable to track anything since the loot just automatically appears in your bags.
Keep going strong until this is fixed or answered!
How many parts is this gonna go until someone at blizzard admits that they purposely made the mounts have no chance at all to drop to keep people playing?
02/08/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
They have via twitter

You are continuing to not understand why some of us are rather upset about this.

Twitter is Not the official Blizz forums.

People would like a blue response on these threads, right here, on the forum.. not some nebulous site named, of all god forsaken things, twitter.

Yes, I understand you also do not like twitter. Fine, perfect, wonderful.

However, these threads are being made on here, not twitter, so a response on here is what is being looked for.

You do not seem to understand this, and you also do not seem to understand the statistical math that has been presented thus far.

Just curious, but have you taken at, minimum, an undergrad level statistical course? Not in any way, shape or form being a jerk or anything, I am just honestly curious.

(I have, way back during undergrad. Was fun actually, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.)
02/08/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Zendikar
How many parts is this gonna go until someone at blizzard admits that they purposely made the mounts have no chance at all to drop to keep people playing?

I very much doubt they would do that. It's more likely the drop rate is bugged somehow and they just didn't know about it.
ok, after around 1700 post we can rest assured that the point made it across, these past threads have been nothing but derailing

even if this was a mistake from blizz they should have been aware of it within the first 100 post about the topic and they just need time to take action and give a proper answer (if is even deemed worthy) any response they give to this thread carelessly will surely be used against them by many angry players, not the polite ones that do participate on this thread

the players commenting with armory links supposedly to end this thread are mostly trolls or people who didn't even read the first post so far, so they don't deserve the 2-3 pages of flame wars after every one of them.

I'm quite interested on this topic but is too annoying to keep reading trough all of them, please keep it clean
So the drop rate is super super super legendary rare. Can't wait till I win mine next week. Ill be sure to post about it and make the enitre wow population jealous ;D
There is essentially 2 situations left here. A) Blizzard has actually made the mounts so rare, a drop has not occurred yet. (This is unlikely because we have all seen the math. The drop chance would essentially have to be almost less than 1/1,000,000,000 or .000000001%) OR B) The mount is indeed impossible to obtain, and blizzard is refusing to admit this, due to the ridiculous amount of trouble this would create for them. Players have lost dozens of Charms rolling solely in hopes that the mount would drop.

Also, this raises the question of what else isn't dropping. Personally, I think the Sha drop system is bugged as a whole. I have downed him every week since hitting 90, and used a Charm most weeks, and I have only received loot once (A season 12 belt that I already had)
02/08/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Knit
I very much doubt they would do that. It's more likely the drop rate is bugged somehow and they just didn't know about it.

While whos to say whether or not they did it intentionally how exactly after 4 1/2 months could they not be able to tell whether something(even with an extremely low droprate) is bugged or not?

It's sad that a fansite was the one that delved deep enough to be able to come out with the truth over blizz themselves when they are the ones with the actual logs and data of whether or not something exists ingame. And yes i've read on guildox and even seen here a dozen times that they are only using a select margin of people, but when as evidenced through this thread and many other places there has not been a single legitamite claim(armory) that either are actually ingame and a person has one.