Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 4)

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
02/08/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Divergent
Really?

1,000,000 /13 (weeks he's been out)

76923 loots a week

76923/40 (raid group used to kill sha)

1923/513 (number of servers)

So on average, if the sha has been killed on average 3 times per server each week...

And we all know that every server kills him FAR FAR FAR more than 3 times per week. Most med servers kill him once or twice every hour. High pop servers kill him 5 times AN HOUR.

Joke is on you.

Lol I knew the math hogs would be out, thanks for the entertainment.

This issue will be fixed, I imagine though, the more you gripe the more on the backburner it goes for preparation for 5.2.

Is it really that big of a deal in the large scheme of things?

Nah not really
02/08/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Azeban

Really?

Yes. Look at the math in the original post. It's not that the Sha has been killed millions of times, but he's certainly been looted millions of times.

In fact, I dont think its unreasonable to assume that the majority of L90 toons kill the sha every week. As bliz has announced 9.6 million accounts (some of which have multiple 90s) its not at all a stretch to think there are millions of roll chances every single week.
Still following these threads intently.
Curiosity makes me post. I want to hear what they have to say.
02/08/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
had a chance at loot

And, THAT, is your operative word.
You haven't been following these threads have you? As someone kindly pointed out earlier the chance of this mount not dropping by now with the estimated amount of times it has died is so low you have a better chance at winning the lottery weekly for multiple weeks on end. Even if the drop rate was ridiculously low (around 0.01%)

Is it possible to not have dropped even if it was working? Sure, it's also possible for an item with 50% drop rate to never drop after multiple thousands of kills. The chances of it happening though are so astronomically low that it is next to impossible.
So what you are saying is I have been wasting my coins this whole time?

*Facepalm*

Now, how do i go about getting those coins refunded...
02/08/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Brkatthemoon
Is it really that big of a deal in the large scheme of things?

Is it really that big of a deal that locks need a nerf?

Is it really that big of a deal that the level 85 - 89 mage cakes are horribad for regen?

Is it really that big of a deal that BOA heirlooms are not really BOA but BOS?

Is it really that big of a deal that a fishing achievement needed for the meta has been broken and unobtainable for some time now, and has not yet been fixed?

Is it really that big of a deal that rogues need fixing, priests need fixing, monks need fixing, everybody needs fixing?

Is it really... etc etc etc.

It is all a matter of perspective. I may not care, at all, about current nerfs or buffs to rogues, let us say. However, those who play rogues are going to care a great deal about such a thing.
Yay part 4! Still trading my Galleon mount for a blue post!
So what you are saying is I have been wasting my coins this whole time?

*Facepalm*

Now, how do i go about getting those coins refunded...

You don't, because Blizzard can say "you always had a chance at a gear upgrade". Even if you don't PVP and you're a strict PVE'er.. a PVP Neck upgrade would "technically" be an upgrade for the 0 PVP necks you already have. Likewise for PVP players who could potentially get Tier Legs, eventhough they don't play PVE.

There will be a great spin applied to this. And it was be frustrating.
02/08/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Bladestorm
Is it possible to not have dropped even if it was working? Sure

And this is in direct contradiction to

02/08/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Bladestorm
The chances of it happening though are so astronomically low that it is next to impossible.

Yes, it's astronomically high, but doesn't mean that it CANNOT happen however unlikely. Most likely, I suspect Blizzard simply removed these mounts and forgot to remove them from the Dungeon Journal.
Checking in again, want an answer, like seriously, can the cm's at least acknowledge this post.
Ok guys, I know there is a need for info on this issue, but try keeping the following Parts on a decent timeframe apart, 3 of these in 48 hours really tells Blizz nothing but 150 players desperate or needy for answers not solutions.

Not saying you guys should not post about it, just expect that if the dev's are looking into it...it might not take them 48 hours to get back to anyone but their bosses to then figure out what the next corrective action will need to take place.

Yes, it's astronomically high, but doesn't mean that it CANNOT happen however unlikely. Most likely, I suspect Blizzard simply removed these mounts and forgot to remove them from the Dungeon Journal.

That is also another likely scenario. But it seems like something that could have been fixed in 5.1 to not give people false hope that the mounts do drop.
02/08/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
Most likely, I suspect Blizzard simply removed these mounts and forgot to remove them from the Dungeon Journal.
You would think that something like that would be announced, no? Or a Blizzard rep wouldn't have posted
It's something we're watching very carefully to ensure they're dropping correctly.
Key words in bold.
02/08/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Brkatthemoon
Lol I knew the math hogs would be out, thanks for the entertainment.

"Hah, yeah, I knew challenging someone's math would make them defend it! I am so win at trolling! Yaay me!"
That is also another likely scenario. But it seems like something that could have been fixed in 5.1 to not give people false hope that the mounts do drop.

Unless it's one of those VERY rare instances where they're not aware of it.