*Spoilers* Stormwind 5.2

Story Forum
I'm sure she'd say the same thing about Night Elves/Draenei if they were made the supreme overlords of Alliance lore with every other race pushed under the rug.

I know I would.

Edit: Actually, no I wouldn't. Humans shouldn't be the central focus in any form in a fantasy game that has such a large diversity of races.

It's just wrong. I can understand in scify tv shows and movies, since those are generally based off our timeline in the future and making aliens the central focus would be expensive due to make-up. But in a game, it's wrong.

They should still be at the forefront and not shut out. It would just be the same thing but with a different race. I have always advocated for Night Elf and Draenei lore. So let's NOT avoid that. Humans should still have much lore as the rest of the races at it's ideal place.
02/08/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Lorthuron
They should still be at the forefront and not shut out. It would just be the same thing but with a different race. I have always advocated for Night Elf and Draenei lore. So let's NOT avoid that. Humans should still have much lore as the rest of the races at it's ideal place.

But, not supreme overlords of Alliance lore. Which is essentially what they are right now. I've always felt that Dwarves and Gnomes kind of mixed in with the Human campaigns (and by this I mean war) but their leaders need to have a bigger say in stuff.
They should still be at the forefront and not shut out.

They should be at the forefront in specific areas, and at the back in others.

In a scenario involving a Sentinel army with the Sentinel commander fighting the forces of the nation invading the Sentinel homeland, the Sentinels should be at the forefront.

In a scenario involving humanity tearing things up in Northern EK, Varian/whoever should be at the forefront.
I'll make my own park with blackjack and hookers!
02/08/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Lorelaî

But, not supreme overlords of Alliance lore. Which is essentially what they are right now. I've always felt that Dwarves and Gnomes kind of mixed in with the Human campaigns (and by this I mean war) but their leaders need to have a bigger say in stuff.

That's sort of what i thought to. In Northrend you saw mainly Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. It would ATLEAST be nice to see Muradin out and about slaying some Orcs. Maybe even have Mekkatorque fighting with him. Another thing i think would be cool to see is have Mekkatorque in some gnome robot suit fighting Gallywix in his robot thing. EPIC!
They should still be at the forefront

No.
and not shut out.

Yes.
Humans should still have much lore as the rest of the races at it's ideal place.

Agreed. Each faction should get some development - it shouldn't be "for every human appearance, there must be a draenei/gnome/night elf in the same area", but it should be that for one part, a human gets a role, for another, a dwarf gets a role, etc.
I've always felt that Dwarves and Gnomes kind of mixed in with the Human campaigns

Now you've made me want to roll a gnome, but I don't have time to RP her and I don't have free character slots. I could delete the troll I'm saving for when they get model updates (I just can't stand the faces right now), but I like having a name reserved.
Also:
02/08/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Gollard
Another thing i think would be cool to see is have Mekkatorque in some gnome robot suit fighting Gallywix in his robot thing. EPIC!

This x 100.
02/08/2013 11:45 PMPosted by Shanush
Maybe it will be a giant statue of Go'el holding young Anduin on his shoulder and looking up at him smiling.

Better yet, a "Valley of Mary Sues", with Rhonin, Go'el and Varian Wrynn statues abound.

A future spot will be left vacant for Turalyon.

Med'an.
But, not supreme overlords of Alliance lore. Which is essentially what they are right now.

I can't disagree with this anymore. It's true, the Humans are too much in the Alliance and the other races feel more like supporting characters.

Nowhere near the same like it is for Horde, where nearly all the races are getting equal representation. (I would probably say Tauren are the only ones whose Lore developments suck right now.)
There was once a time when, during Wrath no less, that despite the Alliance race I played I felt like a member of the Alliance.

I have to admit I have never felt that with the Horde. And I didn't feel it at all during Cata, and I started feeling it again with Landfall. It was a step in the right direction having NPCs of every race around. But that's not enough. We need to know what's going on with the other leaders.
Maybe it will be a giant statue of Go'el holding young Anduin on his shoulder and looking up at him smiling.

Better yet, a "Valley of Mary Sues", with Rhonin, Go'el and Varian Wrynn statues abound.

Will Rhonin's statue be Robot Raptor Rhonin? Have you heard my new theory yet?
Guys i don't understand the, "it's a massive Project" argument. This is a game where we have an endless suppy of troops and resources that just doesn't add up and where you can travel back in time and save the timeline. next patch they could just put the old park back. It's not like when they removed it they removed the files for it. i'm not knowledgable on the matter but it seems pretty simple to just plug it back in. Take out the Cata wreckage and plug back in the park. It doesn't seem that hard but i could be wrong.
02/09/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Glandin
Guys i don't understand the, "it's a massive Project" argument. This is a game where we have an endless suppy of troops and resources that just doesn't add up and where you can travel back in time and save the timeline. next patch they could just put the old park back. It's not like when they removed it they removed the files for it. i'm not knowledgable on the matter but it seems pretty simple to just plug it back in. Take out the Cata wreckage and plug back in the park. It doesn't seem that hard but i could be wrong.

It's not that simple. They redid the entire world with the introduction of flight. Stormwind itself took considerable effort to put together. I've even read that it was one of their most ambitious projects of the entire expansion.

Putting the park in would not only take rebuilding it from scratch, literally, but integrating it into the city seamlessly.
No.

I'll clarify. People seem to want "SHUT OUT THE HUMANS MAN." Do exactly what's happening to the other races but apparently it's the *Human's turn*. That won't get us anywhere. It will just get people like me annoyed. Humans should still have a big presence in the Alliance as much as any race. Obviously if a conflict is very Night Elvish(Or Dwarf whatever you get the idea) Night Elves will have a bit more presence(See the Naga and Azshara etc etc etc).

I hope that clarifies.
02/09/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Glandin

The old park wasn't meant for flying mounts so it would still have to be significantly modified, and at any rate the land itself collapsed into the sea (making such a reversion highly implausible).

Still, I don't think it would be difficult for them to at least clean up the area so it doesn't look like Deathwing came by yesterday. Since fixing Stormwind is a fairly low priority, however all the changes won't happen all at once.
A series of floating islands with a mix of night elf and pandaren architecture all interconnected by rope and wood bridges in place of the park. I'd hang out there.

02/09/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Lena

Med'an.

Med'an would only be visible from the height of the skybox where it's revealed that all of the flowers and shrubs growing in the valley are meticulously designed in the image of his portrait.