Does ele/resto sham use crit???

Shaman
i'm always wondering about most of the vp gear for us. why does bliz need to put crit on most of it?sigh
and it has been going on since wotlk i believe
crit is the best secondary stat for resto after you get your haste cap and spirit
02/08/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Shamanicfury
crit is the best secondary stat for resto after you get your haste cap and spirit

Sensations would disagree with you.

Personal preference, also depends on your ilvl and what fight you are doing. With low spirit in low gear I prefered using a lot more crit for resurgance. If a fight is going to be putting consistant damage keeping players at low health, you might prefer mastery.

All three stats are an increase to throughput (with haste being pretty far behind atm with the totem scaling not working) Crit is def not bad.
Valor gear is never meant to be as optimized as drops for the most part. They have stated that. That being said crit is not that bad for ele. Last time I simmed it was near equal to haste and mastery. In most cases the difference is so small between stats that player error will more than make up for the difference.

Though results may vary depending on gear level.
Shamans have often been based on personal preference, as far as stats go... mostly when talking about resto. Some like crit, others prefer haste, and others would rather stack mastery.

I think Blizz is just keeping it open for your own choice and reforging.

I have to disagree. Yes, theoretically crit may be superior(By an extremely small %) but healing is not like DPS where theoretical improvements are the best way to go. Restoration Shamans can probably use any secondary stat and still perform at optimal levels, since our secondaries focus more on playstyle and healing comp than anything.

I currently heal with a disc priest and I am full mastery(Healed with a mistweaver at start of progression and was still full mastery), and some think that is silly but that's simply not the case. With mastery, it is there when I need it most and that's all that matters to me. I couldn't care less about the theoretical output of my stats, to me that is secondary and what is primary to me is: People being alive to kill the boss, not putting too much stress on my co-healer.

So I do respectfully disagree, it is more about playstyle and personal preference.

i'm always wondering about most of the vp gear for us. why does bliz need to put crit on most of it?sigh

Blizzard doesn't balance valor gear perfectly for obvious reasons. Crit is elementals weakest stat but not restorations, but you also have to take into account they purposely put weaker stats on some gear so you don't have perfectly itemized gear and there are no choices.

Mastery is amazing for progression
mastery oftens goes in overheal, crit gives mana back + ancestral awakening, get mastery to 50% then go for crit imo.
It depends on the fight. Things such as H Tsulong and H Protectors (25) progression, going mastery is pretty nice. After things become simplistic then back to crit is more fun. Like other users are saying, after haste cap (which is easy to get) you choose either to go crit or mastery depending on gear level and raid comp.
Crit is sweet for resto shamans