NPCscan needs to go

General Discussion
I gaurentee you that those who dont use NPCScan or never heard of it has probably figured out how to create a multi-line macro with /target NPC Name and just mash the key as they fly around the world. Cause that's essentially what NPCScan does.

If you havent figured this out, back to basics good sir.
/tar NPC name macros need to be disable blizzard. Its gives people an unfair advantage over the people that dont use them.

OP you could just install the damn addon and have the same quality of life benefit. Because the addon is widely available to anyone that wants to download it... I dont see how its an unfair advantage.

An add-on shouldnt be required to have the same quality of life. and thats why blizzard added a quest helper. remember, people had to download that?
Even if you choose to not use the addon, finding rares is generally very easy. I'm often extremely lazy to empty the cache but I still come across many rares. Not doing so will result in the addon not notifying you again after a prior alert. If you really want a specific rare, you'll likely find it within a reasonable amount of time.
I gaurentee you that those who dont use NPCScan or never heard of it has probably figured out how to create a multi-line macro with /target NPC Name and just mash the key as they fly around the world. Cause that's essentially what NPCScan does.

But, a /tar macro doesnt alert you to when one spawns either.
02/08/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Waylord
So, like the bot flying hack, if its out there for anyone to use its fair? alright.

Did you really just compare a legal addon to a hack/exploit?
I've found many rares, including many of my hunter pets without it. Anyone serious about finding rare mobs, or even once mentions trying to find a rare in Trade, will know about the addon. And anyone is free to get and use the addon. Therefore, fair.

So, like the bot flying hack, if its out there for anyone to use its fair? alright.

No, troll... not the same thing and you know it.
/tar NPC name macros need to be disable blizzard. Its gives people an unfair advantage over the people that dont use them.

OP you could just install the damn addon and have the same quality of life benefit. Because the addon is widely available to anyone that wants to download it... I dont see how its an unfair advantage.

An add-on shouldnt be required to have the same quality of life.

I'd tell you to turn off DBM and get back to us on that...but I can believe you've never raided.
02/08/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Waylord
NPC Scan doesn't alert you to it either.
Just make a hunter, name your pet the same name as popular farmed rare mob in that zone. Instant throwing npcscan off.
I've found many rares, including many of my hunter pets without it. Anyone serious about finding rare mobs, or even once mentions trying to find a rare in Trade, will know about the addon. And anyone is free to get and use the addon. Therefore, fair.

and the OP completely misses the point.

Then you don't know what you're doing.
0/10 try harder.

Neither does NPCScan - unless you just happen to be nearby when it spawns. Spamming a /tar macro as you fly around would do the same thing. Believe it or not, I've been in Eastern Kingdoms when someone in guild chat said Mobus spawned and I just did a /tar to target it. I didn't need NPCScan to be able to do it.

I've got NPCScan. It's not perfect. There are times I see a rare but the scan doesn't go off until I target it. And I do clear the cache fairly often so it's not always because I've already got the mob cached.

Knowing mob spawn points is more effective than the add-on if you're hunting rares.