The Argument against Playable...

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
They're just slightly larger orcs. They even evolved from the same thing on Draenor as orcs.
02/08/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Lena
They're just slightly larger orcs. They even evolved from the same thing on Draenor as orcs.

what?
Raynell is now Ray of Sunshine.
I fully support ogres for the Horde but what race are we going to give Alliance?
02/08/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Nathreim
I fully support ogres for the Horde but what race are we going to give Alliance?

High Elves
02/08/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Lorthuron
High Elves

Blizzard already gave those to the Horde.

Alternate answer: Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

That said, my main concern with Ogres is as others have already said. There's very little they can bring to the table thematically and in terms of potential story arcs.

I'd be more than okay with Ogres having a greater non-playable presence within the Horde, but I don't think it'd be necessary (or indeed, good) to make them playable.
02/08/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Kellick
High Elves

Alternate answer: Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

That said, my main concern with Ogres is as others have already said. There's very little they can bring to the table thematically and in terms of potential story arcs.

I'd be more than okay with Ogres having a greater non-playable presence within the Horde, but I don't think it'd be necessary (or indeed, good) to make them playable.

Don't make me steal your raptors.
02/08/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Lorthuron

High Elves

No......more......elves......
02/08/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Nathreim

High Elves

If Ogres are coming to the Horde then we get High Elves. Sorry but I'm not going to buy this crap of Ogres coming to the Horde if Alliance cannot get High Elves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rHHNhrtJ0A
02/08/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Kellick

High elves are still very much a part of the Alliance. In fact, they've received more attention (as a non-playable race) than half the playable Alliance races have. It's kind of funny.
02/08/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Nathreim

Furbolgs
02/08/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Gávinn
Well what did goblins bring to the table?

Check the second-to-last sentence of the paragraph you quoted.

If Ogres are coming to the Horde then we get High Elves. Sorry but I'm not going to buy this crap of Ogres coming to the Horde if Alliance cannot get High Elves.

This.

You do have High Elves.

As a non-playable race.

That's what the Horde should get. Non-playable Ogres.
There's really a plethora of non-playable races both sides could (And should) get, if they can give them good enough lore.
Why have Dwarves, they are just bigger gnomes -_-
02/08/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Alarielle
Why have Dwarves, they are just bigger gnomes -_-

And look where that's gotten them - The Dwarves fill in a majority of the things Gnomes could do, save for at Landfall, leaving the Gnomes with just as little lore as Draenei.