5.2: The Helm of Eternal Winter

Moon Guard
First a Sun Crown, and now a Helm of Winter. They are most likely not related to the Legendary chain at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItQ-p8ErBY&feature=player_embedded

Additions to the Midsummer Festival, perhaps?
02/08/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Finaj
Helm of Winter.

The White Walkers come...
I would just like to point out that the Helm's animation is amazing.
Oh god, please be transmogable. ;~;
Part of me hopes it's just the crown. Pretty.
I would use that helm with my Relentless Gladiator set.

All my yes.
Swaggie
All of my want.
This is me howling with joy.
It actually reminds me of the Skeleton King from Diablo 3.
02/08/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Skullcrusha
All of my want.

You be quiet, death knight. Go home, or back to Acherus at least.
I think HMP just got a rival.
You see this is sexy! New animated crowns?! If only I could see a reason for Alfred to use it, but alas...I think it would look ridiculous on him. Maybe my Draenei Death Knight...Then again...He's a refrigerator with skulls on it. OH well! Looks sexy enough to get!
I hope there's a version of that in cloth because I would go frost mage for this.
Why does that model look familiar...
I have to say; I really hope that bad boy is Death Knight-only!

Or rather, I hope each Class gets its own unique helmet-type! Perhaps these two new helmets (and others) might be rewards from future Challenge Modes, assuming they add anymore 5mans in MoP? It would be great to see each Class get a similarly visual-intensive helmet.

Plus, it'd be a nice way to make up for DK's having a relatively forgettable Challenge Mode set :P

Or rather, I hope each Class gets its own unique helmet-type! Perhaps these two new helmets (and others) might be rewards from future Challenge Modes, assuming they add anymore 5mans in MoP? It would be great to see each Class get a similarly visual-intensive helmet.

Plus, it'd be a nice way to make up for DK's having a relatively forgettable Challenge Mode set :P
I think DKs got the better of the deal when it comes to challenge mode sets...

Poor rogues and Shaman.
02/08/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Skullcrusha
All of my want.

I think DKs got the better of the deal when it comes to challenge mode sets...

Poor rogues and Shaman.

You're kidding, right? I actually thought Rogues came out decently, and I *LOVE* the Shaman set! Meanwhile, the Death Knight set just seems kind of... random. I mean, Yak-horns? I actually thought the Helm had an okay design, but because the "eyes" are so spread apart, it gives it kind of a strange look. It's not a bad set by any means, and I like that it had a lighter color-scheme, but it just wasn't the "Be All, End All" set that I think certain other Classes got (namely Warlock, Paladin, and Priest).

In any case, the Helm of Eternal Winter definitely looks very Death Knight-ish. That's not to say it "needs" to be exclusive or anything like that, it's just the vibe I got. Personally, I would be *SUPER* excited if this was part of a series of other Class-based helms. Minimalist designs, with huge emphasis on particle-effects -- it's definitely something I could get behind!
I guess I'm in a minority then. I absolutely loathe the design of the death knight challenge sets.