Can we solo Black Temple?

Hunter
How about Sunwell?

Thinkin of goin' after the bows.
Can't solo Kalecgose, he despawns when you go into the other realm, and the council in BT would be very difficult I have never tried/
02/08/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Rabindso
Can't solo Kalecgose, he despawns when you go into the other realm

Don't even have to fight Kalecgos, just run around him.
I solo Black Temple each week for a 70rogue friend of mine. As for Sunwell I've never tried to solo because I assumed you have to kill the first boss but if what Ahkmenra says is true then you shouldn't have too many problems
We can very easily solo BT, the council is easy, just MD multishot them onto your pet and keep firing away. I often dismiss my pet for Najentus ...I find he spines me A LOT on occasion and with his regeneration my pet cant kill him and he berserks, I usually bring my pet in around 40% and burst him down. Same with Teron Gorefiend, I keep my pet dismissed for a little bit to get tons of aggro, if not he will cast the doom thingy on you and you die.
Rest is easy peasy, the fire elementals on Illidans fight wreck your pet good, be sure to keep them healed or have heart of the phoenix ready. I get a ton of vendor trash and a ton of cloth from there. I made about 600G in cloth alone yesterday from BT.

Sunwell isnt hard at all, just run around Kalcegos.
We can do all, but kalecgos. I did them both weekly for transmog. I finally got my BT bow, still trying to get Sunwell one.
Im at the council... this is far from easy. all they do is beat me down while healing themselves.

Whats the trick here?
Im at the council... this is far from easy. all they do is beat me down while healing themselves.

Whats the trick here?

Why are they beating you down when they should be on your pet? Constantly MD your pet with multishot and glaive toss if you use it. Keep your pet healed. They do heal themselves, but they also share life, so what looks like them healing is probably just their life totals going up.

I just stand off to the left and put my pet right in the center.

Since they share life, glaive toss and multishot hurt them pretty good, and I just focus down the pally. I'm also specced into spirit bond for farming which helps.

Edit for it really took a long time at 70 lol and they are nerfed

Whats the trick here?

I did it this week for the first time in this gear. I focused the pally while silencing the healers' Circle of Healing (or whatever does the big heal). Worked a treat.
Just focus the priest on the council fight in BT and aslong as you keep the aggro on your pet and interrupt "Circle of Healing" they will drop sooner than later. SW you can't solo Kalecgos but you can walk right by him and the rest is a breeze. P.S. Don't get hit by Felmyst's green gas in her air phase.
Sunwell can be soloed. Got my bow from there!

https://www.youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash?feature=watch, Here is a helpful video for those who want to solo some old raids and other hunter tips.

Good Luck!!
I solo them every week. BT takes less than an hour. You can walk past a lot of the trash. THe council is not the hardest fight, Illidin is. For council the trick is to only target the healer, and interrupt here every single time she casts her heal. If you do that, they will die.

As for sunwell, you can run past all the trash and the first boss into the room with the big glass windows where u jump down to fight the 2nd boss. When you run up to that room, Feign death. The 1st boss will reset and so will all the trash.

Hope that helps.
02/09/2013 10:28 PMPosted by Skills
For council the trick is to only target the healer, and interrupt here every single time she casts her heal. If you do that, they will die.

This is partially true, if you target the healer the paladin will use hand of protection on her, and not only she will become immune to damage, you will also not be able to interrupt the circle of healing spell, once you have certain amount of gear it doesnt matter since you will bring them down anyways but not the best way if you are having problems.

You have to spec correctly if you want to make your life easier, for obvious reasons you need silencing shot, and spirit bond will help a bunch, for glyphs, use misdirection (make a macro to keep it on pet all the time) and the other two glyps that boost up the healing to you and your pet.

It is piece of cake once you have the correct setup, just set the healer as a focus, but dont attack her directly, focus the mage or paladin, and start with you aoe rotation, if you see the healer is about to cast circle of healing interrupt her.

If you are still having problems refer to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3tE7UMyZ2I

it gives some solid advice

Good luck and happy hunting
Illidari Council isn't that easy though. As previously said, the priest can become bubbled every so often. What I do is attack the mage. The mage has a buff that you need to Tranq shot off. I focus the priest and just silence shot her whenever she's about to heal. If the pally tries to bubble the mage, I just simply switch to the priest. This really isnt easy for me because i'm BM and i'm in PvP gear. But practice takes times. Only annoying thing is that they instant-cast heals along with the priest heal which is annoying.
I dont even interrupt the healing, my dps surpasses any healing they do.

Someone above mentioned skipping all the trash, I do a full clear and make decent gold from cloth and vendor junk.
Thank you all for the advice.

I cleared the place last night, made a decent amount of gold too, got a couple gronnstalker pieces as well. But sadly no bow :(

I couldnt down the council tho, i brought my girlfriend in with me (another 90 Hunter) and it was easier then cake.

Illidan was (what seemed to be) too easy.

Next week ill try it with a different setup and see if i can solo it with no help.

Thanx again.
listen to what I am saying!!! I had problems with this; I don't any more. This is what I do.
I target the Priest. I do all damage on her. EVEN WHEN SHE GETS BUBBLED BY THE PALADIN i still keep her targeted! I still don't switch. It's that important to stop her from casting her heal! and if you do this they will eventually die. I don't even have the misdirect glyph, and still they die.
I guess i just dont have the DPS for that. Because as i do that, my health bar gets to zero before theirs do. I almost had her but that damn heal gets me everytime.

It was my very 1st time in there, so maybe i just need some practice at it.

@Skills, if thats the gear you're wearing when you do it then theres no reason i shouldnt be able to do it. Now im on a mission. Thanx.
council is pretty faceroll, just go survival and aoe.

I guess i just dont have the DPS for that. Because as i do that, my health bar gets to zero before theirs do. I almost had her but that damn heal gets me everytime.

It was my very 1st time in there, so maybe i just need some practice at it.

@Skills, if thats the gear you're wearing when you do it then theres no reason i shouldnt be able to do it. Now im on a mission. Thanx.

your healthbar won't get to 0 if you take spirit bond instead of iron hawk and keep everything on your pet.