Should capacitor be 4 sec base charge?

Shaman
and 2 sec charge time with glyph?

5 seconds just a little too unreliable.
it should be redesigned to be a decent AoE stun that actually lands more than once in a while.

See:shadowfury.
I always thought it should be a spell we cast on targets that detonates after 5 seconds stunning the target and all targets in 10 yards.
02/09/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Cliintous
I always thought it should be a spell we cast on targets that detonates after 5 seconds stunning the target and all targets in 10 yards.

but then it couldnt be a totem that blizz continue to push down our throats despite the system being largely archaic and less effective than everyone else's cds.
<3 the 5 hp it has... >_>
02/09/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Trollinthndr

but then it couldnt be a totem that blizz continue to push down our throats despite the system being largely archaic and less effective than everyone else's cds.

It was seriously "Hey, people liked fire nova totem, let's bring it back"

Then ignore everyone has 3x the mobility they had in classic, that said FNT was balanced around and worked with. I know the CC needs to be toned down but we're still hurting for something decent.
02/08/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Zerovii

So it should also be a talent, then? Something to make us give up other useful things we already have access to?
I would like to see the glyph make it instant/1.5s, but add 15-20s to the cd as a trade off. Maybe even decrease the range of the stun when glyphed.

Right now, CT is pretty good when specced into a root and Tprojection. It can be a powerful offensive cc when it lands. Defensively, its very weak w/ long cast time and lw hp. I wld like to see a choice given to the player on how they wld like to use the ability.
02/10/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Rude
So it should also be a talent, then? Something to make us give up other useful things we already have access to?
Make frozen power or windwalk baseline and tack on cap there?
02/10/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Rude

if it is reliable, I'm ok with it. If I had to pick between a decent hex that actually made the target lose control or a decent capacitor totem that lands more often than not, instead of having both half-baked, I'd go with the choice because we'd finally have a reliable CC.
Getting it's baseline time reduced would be cool but either way it still seems kind of gimped when compared to other stuns from other classes. The most similar one to it would be Shockwave and that's instant and far more reliable. If anything I would like to see it changed that even when destroyed it releases what charge it gathered and stuns anyone within 8 yards for the amount of time it was out. I.E. if it took the guy beating on me two to three seconds to react and kill it, then he gets stunned for two to three seconds anyway allowing Shamans at least a LITTLE breathing room. That way, people have to decide whether to actually destroy it or just straight up move away and I think that would help it be a little more reliable.

Either that or maybe just if you cast the totem again it will just go off immediately and stun for whatever amount of time (again probably 2-3 seconds as a tradeoff for it being so quick). That way it also becomes more of a decision for you to use, do you want to attempt to get the max stun off or do you just want a quick and dirty stun to perhaps prevent a cast or something? For this solution though I would think it needs to be off the GCD almost otherwise it might be a bit clunky to get off when you need it but that's my two cents.