Ask Enekie Anything Again

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
I see. Makes a lot of sense.

Since I'm running out of ideas,

What's your guilty pleasure?
A MOTHER'S DUTY

The line begins with the Regent Lord, Lor'themar Theron, apparently in a heated argument with Grand Magister Rommath. Apparently, he believes that Rommath sent back a majority of the Blood Knight force back to Silvermoon without consulting him, depleting much of their standing forces and leaving them open to Garrosh's criticisms in a time where discretion is key to his efforts with Vol'jin and the brewing rebellion.

As it turns out, Rommath gave no such order, but the order came from the standing Knight-Lords. Theron is puzzled by this sudden development, and asks the hero to return to Silvermoon City to inquire about the callback. Upon returning, you learn from Bloodvalor that their orders came directly from the Matriarch herself, Lady Liadrin, and while Bloodvalor and his fellow knights were uncertain about their willingness to carry out the order, their decision came in light of the Divine Bell's failure, and that the Knighthood needed time to recover from their losses.

You return to Lor'themar with this news, and he becomes incensed, demanding a portal to the Sunwell to speak with Liadrin herself. Accompanying him through the portal, you watch as Theron confronts Liadrin, asking her why she's chosen now to interfere in the Sin'dorei's war efforts. Liadrin immediately states her displeasure of the news she's heard about the failure of the Divine Bell, the eviction of the Sunreavers from Dalaran, and the death of her student, Kelantir Bloodblade, under very suspect circumstances.

Theron is furious that she went behind his back, but Liadrin is quick to reprimand the Regent Lord for his shortcomings and inaction regarding what happened. Theron is quick to retort, stating that Liadrin herself has been reclusive in the midst of what's occured. Liadrin relents somberly, lamenting her inaction as well, but states that for her, it was a matter of balancing faith and duty, and that recent revelations led her to be detached from her role as Matriarch. She even mentions relinquishing her role, content to spend the rest of her days greeting High Elven and Blood Elven pilgrims alike to the Sunwell.

Theron calms as well, being able to relate to Liadrin's desire to disconnect herself from the role of leadership, but he implores her to consider the recent happenings and use them as a catalyst for change. Liadrin agrees somewhat with the Regent Lord, but she admits to having another reason as well.

Enter Salandria, the Blood Elf orphan adopted by Liadrin. She's grown a bit since you last saw her, as Theron notes, and Liadrin greets her daughter with a warm hug. The Matriarch then explains that not only does she have to balance her duty as host and Matriarch, but also as a mother to Salandria. Theron seems understanding, but implores Liadrin to reconsider her position on the Knighthood's involvement, or at least pass authority to someone else. Liadrin states that she'll take the Regent Lord's words into consideration, but asks that he depart for the time being. Theron reluctantly agrees, but asks you in private to remain in Liadrin's company.

You speak with Liadrin, and she smiles, recognizing you among the heroes who helped bring back the Sunwell's glory. She commends your service and asks you to speak with another of her loyal knights, who will be "The Knight" in this case, and see if there's anything you can do to help. The Knight, a female champion of the Blood Knights, greets you and points out that remnants of the undead and the Legion are still wandering about the island, and that they need to be contained. She also points out that the restored Dawnstar Village and its villagers could use assistance, which you go and do. Upon returning, you notice that visitors have arrived, which brings us to the other side of this tale...
02/14/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Raynell
A MOTHER'S DUTY

The only real problem with this is it that it basically is a backtracking of the story.

It's easier to design content for gnomes and draenei since they haven't done anything for several patches now. This probably would have fit with the blood elves better if they hadn't just received new lore.

But the blood elf story now is about banding together as a conspiracy of rebels, protecting each other against the Warchief. Their concerns now lie with breaking out of the Horde and overthrowing the Orcs. To take a sudden detour back to their old enemies, the Scourge (who have been basically neutralized as a threat and completed their story), in a manner that divides the blood elves seems a little erratic, as far as conflicts go.

It's like how 5.2 feels a little weird. We were just fighting the Horde on the beaches of Krasarang, now we're going off to play with dinosaurs?
02/15/2013 12:28 AMPosted by Enekie
It's like how 5.2 feels a little weird. We were just fighting the Horde on the beaches of Krasarang, now we're going off to play with dinosaurs?

Hey, whatever floats yer boat.

Pirate or Ninja?

Yarrr!
What is your favorite Kpop group and why?
I'm not dragging them back a step, I'm simply using the old setting of Quel'danas as the staging for the story. The next half will be the Alliance's intro to the shenanigans, which I've dubbed "An Eye for an Eye".
What is your favorite ground and flying mount?
Hunter pets: How do you view them from an RP perspective (as in do you have any ways you like to see them played out with a hunter and so forth). Also do you have any pets you just like aesthetically, or would like to see as a tameable pet (that isn't already)?
Do you like BANANAS!?!?
How do you feel about Elder Scrolls online? From my understanding, you can't play as a Red Guard, so the game a whole is dead to me.
Slowed down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaxpx-TXag

Or Sped up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z33CocoMNn8
02/15/2013 03:24 AMPosted by Sinlinara
What is your favorite Kpop group and why?

I'm pretty woefully underschooled when it comes to K-Pop. I've only heard Gangnam Style and Girls' Generation with any regularity.

02/15/2013 06:20 AMPosted by Sareen
What is your favorite ground and flying mount?

The Azure Waterstrider is my favorite ground mount so far. It's utilitarian and swift, as well as matching my color scheme pretty nicely.

I'm currently flying about on a Grand Armored Gryphon right now. It's harder to find a flying mount that fits the roguish motif. I think I'd prefer to see some kind of giant owl that I could ride in the future.

Hunter pets: How do you view them from an RP perspective (as in do you have any ways you like to see them played out with a hunter and so forth). Also do you have any pets you just like aesthetically, or would like to see as a tameable pet (that isn't already)?

In general, when I play my Hunter, I view them a lot like I would coworkers. They're there, they help out, but the relationship is strictly professional. Everything else is me and the bow.

My favorite aesthetic pet is the cat, probably just out of a fondness for the classics. I've always wanted the Swamp Rodents out in Townlong Steppes to be tameable so I could get one and name it Justin.

Alas.

02/15/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Haleakala
Do you like BANANAS!?!?

Not really. Hence, I tend to be fairly potassium inefficient.

02/15/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Balthazane
How do you feel about Elder Scrolls online? From my understanding, you can't play as a Red Guard, so the game a whole is dead to me.

I heard you could be one.

But I don't know. On the one hand, every MMO that has gone up against WoW in the past decade or so has been trounced pretty handily. But it's pretty obvious that WoW is entering its decline.

Any game that would seek to usurp it would have to simultaneously create a strong raiding scene and a casual overall game. WoW basically confirmed that there's no way a hardcore MMO could exist outside of a niche market.

I want to say that they should have a better PvP, but I don't know. Warhammer Online had a really well-thought-out and balanced PvP scene and it was still pretty bad. It had every problem that WoW had (dominant classes and useless classes, overpowered healers, no chance of victory if you went up against a guild group) and more, but without a neat PvE game to keep interesting.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Slowed down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaxpx-TXag

Or Sped up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z33CocoMNn8

Neither.
:<
Gangnam Style: The one kpop song that I have not heard and do not care to bother listening to.

I am personally a fan of 2NE1, but I find that Girls Generation is perfect for when I need that extra energy to pick me up.

Currently I'm pretty in love with IU, but Rain and Ailee also have fond places in my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_iQRO5BdCM

Unfortunately, there is only a very limited amount of Kpop on Spotify, otherwise I would probably be able to give you a lot more recommendations.
02/15/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Balthazane

You can play as Redguards, it's the Imperials you can't play.
02/15/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Kaltokk

I am now slightly less ambivalent to this games existence.

@Enekie: Where do you think the Lionization of Vanilla and BC comes from? I was not playing back then and from the reading I've done I'm certain I would not have liked playing at that time, but I've always wondered at the reasoning behind -why- those eras are looked upon so fondly. Calling it nostalgia just seems to simple.
02/15/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Balthazane

I am now slightly less ambivalent to this games existence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNT5cMwxw0
Take a look at this trailer and see if that helps.
02/15/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Balthazane
@Enekie: Where do you think the Lionization of Vanilla and BC comes from? I was not playing back then and from the reading I've done I'm certain I would not have liked playing at that time, but I've always wondered at the reasoning behind -why- those eras are looked upon so fondly. Calling it nostalgia just seems to simple.

As far as I'm aware, the only people who really roar about the glory of Vanilla and BC were those who benefited from it, IE: those who had a full raid team and open schedule and therefore could get the most items.

I have a variety of problems with the way raids work, but back then, that was my biggest one. They were ill-designed and generally rewarded the wrong kind of thinking.

But if you could overcome a design that few people wanted to bother with, you were an elite few who had shiny purplies.

In truth, Vanilla was pretty dull. Quests were poorly-designed and simplistic, Horde content was largely non-existent or irrelevant, the mobs weren't that interesting and some of the dungeons were largely pointless.

It got better in BC. We had a stronger story, more interesting quests to do, the content was a bit more fun. But it still had the wrong mode of thinking. The barrier to loot was not completion, but access. The biggest challenge to raids and heroic dungeons wasn't necessarily the content, but in fielding the people in the first place.

WotLK was where this got a little better and a little worse. Access was largely lifted as a barrier. No more attunements (which would have been fine if you could have done them solo), if you had a group, you could get in and go. The content was still fairly simple, but pretty intuitive and, most importantly, exciting.

Cataclysm was where everything went wrong. Access became a barrier again when guilds were purged due to the new level system. The content became unintuitive, irritating and pointlessly complex. The rewards for said complexity were underwhelming and aggravating. You were basically asked to solve a complex puzzle that required everyone being in absolute harmony or you'd all wipe and your reward for doing so was an ugly piece of garbage you'd never want to use.

The nerf came and completion became less of a barrier. The mechanics were still pointlessly complex (see Blackrock Caverns) and the rewards were still terrible, but they were at least low enough in numbers as to be completed easily.

MoP removed access as a barrier again. The mechanics are actually fun and engaging once more. But they kept the numbers too low again, so the fun mechanics go by too quickly and the fun puzzles are over too soon.
Would it be more interesting if most worgen players shifted into their natural worgen form at night like the npcs? Not forced, but voluntarily.

Oh, another. Why do so many night elf RPers put Kaldorei as their race? The only difference between 'Night Elf' and 'Kaldorei' is language, right?
Gnomes? Y/N