Is melee growing squishier than ranged?

Arenas

The concept is different because its a damn video game. The infantry and the archers weren't paying the damn king 15 gold coins a month for some hope of class balance.

k, every melee in the game sucks, says the warrior. k.
02/09/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Mafic
Frost mages used to be known for having to hard cast which is why they relied so much on CC, kiting and being "tanky".

I assume that was directed towards me, and I'm fire. And mages aren't tanky, they just kite well. I die in a 2-3 seconds of a warrior hitting me in one shot macro mode. Same would go for frost. The only reason we live is because of kiting / defensive cds.

A skilled warrior would look for the right time with the CDs and rage necessary to counterplay our CDs and kiting.

If you, as a rogue, are having issues with killing a mage, it's understandable due to your current state, but it's definitely doable. It's all about your CD management, and most rogues are terrible at it. If you don't cloak when they are about to deep and trinket when they do deep, and smoke when they go for a shatter, and don't blind during mirror images, than it is very possible for you to win. You're just not doing that.
That is how Rogues are on live, but yes other melee will join the boat in 5.2

I don't understand how Elemental Shamans and Destro Locks are allowed to be so squishy while Frost mages are so tanky. Go figure.

Rogues wear leather and have stealth. They are supposed to be squishy, granted they might be too squishy on live, but all the same they should be a decent kill target if you can manage to pin them down.
frost mages used to be rreally tanky for a caster and gemmed quite little resilence compared to others, but they got a nerf to ice barrier and burst across board is just a bit too high right now in mop

I assume that was directed towards me, and I'm fire. And mages aren't tanky, they just kite well. I die in a 2-3 seconds of a warrior hitting me in one shot macro mode. Same would go for frost. The only reason we live is because of kiting / defensive cds.

stack 3 % more res. some high rated mages evn go as high as 68%

The concept is different because its a damn video game. The infantry and the archers weren't paying the damn king 15 gold coins a month for some hope of class balance.

Hasnt everyone seem that movie by now? You just went full retard. Try logging onto ptr sometime instead of spouting nonsense.
Hell you're on darkspear, go to trade for the next two min and check out the endless rbg spam. Out of all the melee in the game they only want one spec for one ability. This is a huge problem caused by all the utility and instants and casting on the move dress wearers have been spoonfed lately.

Hasnt everyone seem that movie by now? You just went full retard. Try logging onto ptr sometime instead of spouting nonsense.
Hell you're on darkspear, go to trade for the next two min and check out the endless rbg spam. Out of all the melee in the game they only want one spec for one ability. This is a huge problem caused by all the utility and instants and casting on the move dress wearers have been spoonfed lately.

ppl arent taking warriors for RBGS cuz their defensives suck compared to casters they just dnt bring much utility and spread dmg.

why are ppl taking DKs for RBGS? their defensives are atrocious
Try logging onto ptr sometime instead of spouting nonsense.

You've won 200+ arenas and you've never broken 1750 3's, 1500 in 2's, or 5's, and 1500 in any bracket is child's play. You've never done an RBG, and if you have you've lost.

Maybe, just maybe, you're also not the ideal person to lecture about PVP balance.

I hardly ever throw punches, but perhaps if you stopped and thought before you decided to start throwing out 'full retards' and 'spouting nonsense' you could save yourself a little embarrassment.
Oh baby I must've hit a soft spot. Yeah my mid December dinged undergeared alt warrior account hasn't gotten that much experience in two months, my bad lol
I'd be more concerned if i was clinging to a 50% w/l as a Mage.
Oh and work on your armory stalking a bit. I've been just under 1750 doing 2s for points while being in mostly dreadful and facing almost all t2 players around 17-1800 mmr
Look at your gear. Now look at mine. Back at yours, and now look back at mine. Fortunately, your gear is better than mine. But unfortunately, your skill isn't like mine. Perhaps with practice and perseverance your skill can be mine. But until then,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Yohso/statistic#21:154

Seriously, you're a warrior nearly full malevolent in 5.1 and you can't break 1750. You're going to sit here and critique a dominantly dreadful fire mage for having higher ratings than you? I don't get it.
Holy crap a Mage just linked me a dueling stat. Full retard doesn't even begin to describe this display of world class idiocy.
Now you're not even trying. I think we're done here. :)

Also, you're right, I was wrong. You're doing 2's. You floating around 1750 MMR in 2's as a warrior is about as impressive as it is true. Hop into some 3's and see what's up. You having a good rating in 2's is like being one of the smartest kids with down syndrome.

ppl arent taking warriors for RBGS cuz their defensives suck compared to casters they just dnt bring much utility and spread dmg.

why are ppl taking DKs for RBGS? their defensives are atrocious

Grip + grip + aoe grip. Dk lassos up as much of the team as he can, laser chicken solar beams and all the ranged try to blow them up.
Dk prob never leaves blood presence so a geared one is rockin like 450k hp fully buffed.
it was a rhetorical question. i thought point of this thread was "Is melee growing squishier than ranged?" and u said thats why warriors arent taken for rated bgs unless i miss understood you.
Don't toy with me I've been sick for a week and I'm sleepy :( bad kitty
02/09/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Locusts
melee is definitely more tanky than casters by far. Try playing a caster and you'll realize how good warriors have it right now.

There are notable exceptions such as enhanc shams and locks but this for the most part.

Lol at the warrior complaining about his OP defensive stance is getting nerfed, finally warriors will have to play like every other melee and not blinding LoS their healers without fear of dying.

OP possibly you feel this way because (bad) melee get to excited and easily over extend thus making themselves awesome targets for a kill.
I have both a destro lock and a frost DK( and I enjoy them both for differing playstyles)

I have to say there is no comparing.. My DK is most definitely squisher than mywarlock by a pretty good margin. Dark regen + healthstone give me back more life than my death pact, UR i> IBF even though they both are 3 min cds... Twilight Ward while not as ogod as AMS is still nice with the 4 pc. There is no equivalent to Blood Pact and Ember tap is so much better than death strike that I can't even compare the two..

Not saying locks don't need help either... I play the classes I do because they are fun (LOL i roll 2 of the lowest rep classes this xpac...) but if anyone claims to be squisher than a rogue or DK then I say they are wrong...

No :[

Serfs paid taxes to nobles hoping one day that they would get to be the rich ones on top of the world if they got lucky.
02/09/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Sotec
melee is definitely more tanky than casters by far. Try playing a caster and you'll realize how good warriors have it right now.

There are notable exceptions such as enhanc shams and locks but this for the most part.

Lol at the warrior complaining about his OP defensive stance is getting nerfed, finally warriors will have to play like every other melee and not blinding LoS their healers without fear of dying.

OP possibly you feel this way because (bad) melee get to excited and easily over extend thus making themselves awesome targets for a kill.

Where was I complaining about d stance nerf? My issue with the game atm is for certain ranged specs there's no penalty anymore for dealing all their damage from 40 yards away.
Even with Arms in its current state we aren't desired in rbgs which are the most rewarding area of competitive pvp.
Check ghostys twitter. Even he wants to ditch all this instant spam/cast on the move mess.