if fury becomes the pvp spec

Warrior
I am going to change some of the fury ability sounds.

WS and RB sounds are so... unsatisfying
*noodle slap*
If fury becomes the pvp spec next season, I'm playing my shaman. I'll never touch Fury.
Unless blizzard decides that fury will be less crit-reliant and less enrage reliant (or making them not as easily dispelled), it will not be viable in PvP.

You simply wouldn't have any enrage up-time vs Druids, Rogues, or Hunters, and you'd have to give up stacking pvp Resilience/Power in favor of crit.

I mean I guess you could use recklessness and hope for the best, but outside of that your consistent damage would be awful.

I was, however, tinkering with the idea of using SMF (i.e. one handers) with a dragon roar/avatar build. . .

Or possibly a 2h+1h combo for 60%+ pvp power.
I was, however, tinkering with the idea of using SMF (i.e. one handers) with a dragon roar/avatar build. . .

SMF also has an extremely powerful execute mechanic, more so than any other class, Touch of Death notwithstanding, which would be interesting to tinker with in arena.
I will dance for joy when Fury becomes the PvP spec.
02/11/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Adios
If fury becomes the pvp spec next season, I'm playing my shaman. I'll never touch Fury.
Good, no one got on their knees and begged you to play a Warrior.

How would you go about doing this? A mod? And what kind of sounds would you like for it?
02/11/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Adios

This.
02/12/2013 06:34 AMPosted by Kalyse

This.

02/12/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Kulso
02/12/2013 06:34 AMPosted by Kalyse

This.

*pouts* I just finally got my Warrior to 90 so I wouldn't have to play my shaman.
I love my warrior. Been playing it since the beginning of Cataclysm. This isn't my first warrior, since I played one in TBC along with my rogue on a different account. Arms has always been the pvp spec because it's kit is much better than Fury. Fury's reliance on crit & enrage effects is not good enough to be viable. There are many classes that can shut down fury damage and dispel on enrages. Not good at all.
I will dance for joy when Fury becomes the PvP spec.

How would you go about doing this? A mod? And what kind of sounds would you like for it?

All the individual sounds each are a file. you can replace them with another sound, and rename it the same as the original sound file.

it's how mages (my main) got rid of that horrific water elemental gurgling sound
Unless blizzard decides that fury will be less crit-reliant and less enrage reliant (or making them not as easily dispelled), it will not be viable in PvP.

You simply wouldn't have any enrage up-time vs Druids, Rogues, or Hunters, and you'd have to give up stacking pvp Resilience/Power in favor of crit.

I mean I guess you could use recklessness and hope for the best, but outside of that your consistent damage would be awful.

I always find this funny. you dont have to gem for crit over resil because next seasons gear will have enough to get you to 20% unbuffed crit, and if it didnt you could sink a couple crit gems into your slots and be fine. Enrage uptime while yes it will hurt but RB still hits like a truck regardless. Dispelling enrage isn't nearly as brutal as it was in cata (No deathwish or enrage and you didnt have access to RB when you weren't enraged)

My only complaint is that WS should hit about 10-15% harder and have a 30% proc chance.

02/12/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Adios
Being forced to play a dog shiit pvp spec isn't worth it.

Thats how people felt in cata when arms was the pvp and pve spec.

I am not saying arms deserves to be nerfed, i would much rather it be were arms and fury are so close is comes to personal preference, and i think blizz could get there if they made some tweeks to do so.
02/11/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Bisonaro
Or possibly a 2h+1h combo for 60%+ pvp power.

You don't do this, ever. You lose the passive bonus of Single Minded Fury.