To all my fellow Marksman's

Hunter
02/12/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Losvanzandt
I'm sure in Kel'Thuzad you may be correct, but im talking about all the other servers.

I highly doubt the SERVER you play on is a factor in how much damage a spec does.

Listen, you like Marksmanship and that's great. I'm glad you enjoy it. But that doesn't change the FACT that, as of right now, Survival and Beast Mastery both do more single-target damage. And SV also does more AoE.

I'm sorry to break the news to you...but you need a reality check.
02/14/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Muanu
No, it's one of the hardest specs to play to perfection. It's not close to a fact either, people use it because it's easy to play and get huge DPS at the same time.

Confirmed troll, thanks.
I've been playing MM for about a month now. Haven't played my hunter since BC, and quickly caught up to the MoP content.

Prior to this, I was BM. I loved BM, and not sure why I decided MM. I picked without researching first, really. The dps is low, but steady. I never hit top 15 in damage, despite my macros and having a perfectly timed shot rotation.

I'll be switching to BM next time I'm online and see if there's a comparison for myself. I still am not sure why SV, though. Just for AoE? O_o
02/14/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Muanu
You have to work for BM/SV DPS (well...maybe not SV AOE +P) just as much as MM DPS.

I've met several brand spanking new SV/BM hunters that are 5+ ilvls lower than me that can pull the same DPS as I can. Balancing in this game is crap.

5+ ilvls lower is still decent gear, and for BM specifically, tier bonus go a long way.

However, you are making an assumption, they may be brand new, but that doesn't mean they are playing it wrong. Also, MM is not that much more complicated than BM or SV, which is my point. My other point is that MM caps out sooner, make it seem like it is a harder spec. In reality, it just caps out sooner.
02/15/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Cheetara
I'll be switching to BM next time I'm online and see if there's a comparison for myself. I still am not sure why SV, though. Just for AoE? O_o

AOE and fights with a lot of target swapping (i.e. Will) that don't involve keeping mobs closed together. The higher the pet travel time, the more SV catches up to BM.

Elegon has swaps as well, but they are infrequent enough that KC is ready before the next swap, making BM still a good spec for Elegon (especially since the hard part is the last phase, which is almost entirely a Tank'n'spank DPS race).
Thanks, Verdash. That clears some things up for me about SV. I'll be switching to BM later tonight to see the difference. Unfortunately, Recount and other damage meters don't work for me because I have a UI that seems to block them =\
02/11/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Losvanzandt
Through out the time Pandaria has been out, ive had many SV and BM hunters saying im wasting my time playing MM. Also in various threads people asking for help with choosing there hunter spec have been told not to go MM in favor of the other two specs because they do way more damage. But if you have chosen MM you can do more damage than either of the other two specs in any boss fight or trash pull. While i do believe MM requires more attention to gearing, gemming, reforge and most importantly rotation than the other specs, once you have your MM hunter dialed in you will do more damage at same ilvl than beast or survival hunters. There will be arguements made about various other factors, but through out LFR's, 10 man's, or dungeons i have yet to find another spec hunter do more damage than myself at my ilvl. Rise up marksmans and get some.... Doesn't hurt to be a Dwarf MM either :)

You're playing the spec you love, and that's fine. Nothing wrong with playing a game you pay for, and playing how you so desire. However, with that being said, it looks like you and your guild are stuck at Elegon Normal. If you wish to progress past this point, it would be a smart move to switch specs in order to assist your guild with progression towards Will of the Emperor and Heart of Fear.

Also, just to go along with a few of the troll comments...

But if you have chosen MM you can do more damage than either of the other two specs in any boss fight or trash pull.

No. Completely wrong.

Single target: BM will beat MM
Multi-Target: SV will beat MM

once you have your MM hunter dialed in you will do more damage at same ilvl than beast or survival hunters.

Again, false.
If you were at my iLvl (or vice verse) I would dominate you single target with BM or multi-target with SV. This comment is just utter nonsense.

but through out LFR's, 10 man's, or dungeons i have yet to find another spec hunter do more damage than myself at my ilvl.

1. A lot of people are terribad in LFR's. Not a good way to compare yourself to other hunters.
2. You've done MSV-10 Normal only a couple times, and have yet to complete the raid.
3. If you haven't met another hunter who is BM or SV and at similar iLvl as you (or close to), and they haven't been able to beat you, then you have played with some really, really bad hunters.
02/15/2013 06:09 AMPosted by Verdash

AOE and fights with a lot of target swapping (i.e. Will) that don't involve keeping mobs closed together. The higher the pet travel time, the more SV catches up to BM.

Elegon has swaps as well, but they are infrequent enough that KC is ready before the next swap, making BM still a good spec for Elegon (especially since the hard part is the last phase, which is almost entirely a Tank'n'spank DPS race).

Just to elaborate a bit more on this a bit more...(he is correct by the way).

There are only a few boss fight where you will want to go SV for his exact reasoning.

-Heroic Feng for the Shield phase.
-Will of the Emperor for the commute that your pet has to take on his way to work.
-Wind Lord for the Phase One.

Those are the important fights for going SV.
I play Markman because it's the best spec without a pet.

And the challenge of levelling my hunter without pets is all the more fun for me.

(Pity, if I were to actually raid on my hunter, I'd have to go BM so we'd have heroism...)
Marks is awesome in pvp
02/12/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Leorina
Play whatever you like, but don't piss on our legs and tell us its raining.
You seriously have some of the best quotes, you know that?
I haven't met a hunter to date that can beat me single target dps as any spec but i live for MM. my gear is still trash and any hunter I raid with is always 3% or lower than me on any meter.
02/17/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Insanium
I haven't met a hunter to date that can beat me single target dps as any spec but i live for MM. my gear is still trash and any hunter I raid with is always 3% or lower than me on any meter.

Then those other hunters are either terrible, afk, or both.
02/17/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Leorina

Then those other hunters are either terrible, afk, or both.

Haha ... or DC'd.
I started this thread with the intention of letting peeps who want to play marksman know that they can be better at dealing damage then any other hunter spec of the same ilvl and its true. regardless of icy viens or noxxic. facts are facts. I have screenshot and can provide plenty showing me a MM doing more damage and dps than any Bm or Sv that are in group with me on any boss fight raid or otherwise. Go ahead and spec the hunter names you see on the screenshot. While i cant speak for there rotation or ability to play the class, there certainly geared enough to as most of you say, blow any MM away in dps. hmmmm. You'll probably all say, well those guys must really suck, but it doesnt matter who it is results the same. i challenged the hunters in this raid to do better than me hoping they would give there best. these two where the closest.

The Bm hunter is littlespyone almost good enough
The Sv hunter is Hyperon not even close

Copy and paste link into address bar.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/grifter01/90f7ab86-489f-4a20-b511-45d7006e5ab7.jpg
02/17/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Losvanzandt
regardless of icy viens or noxxic. facts are facts
>.>.
<.<.
>.>.
How about using players of equal skill >.>? I can claim holy does more DPS than shadow as a priest and be using everything I can while the other barely does anything.

That doesn't make it a fact, that makes it anecdotal evidence at best.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/grifter01/90f7ab86-489f-4a20-b511-45d7006e5ab7.jpg

Is this overall?

Okay for starters, The one just behind you

- Under hit cap
- Wrong talents
- Wrong forging
- Only 1 ilevel higher than you

And despite this, he is right on your butt in damage done.

I'm not even going to comment on the other hunter.

Please stop telling people that if they play marksman that they will do better than a survival or beast mastery hunter of the same item level.
Anyone will do more than someone who doesn't know how to play properly. That goes for any class and spec. (Lazy nailed this point)

I will however reiterate what I said earlier in the thread
Play whatever you want, but don't piss on our legs and tell us it's raining

If you still insist Marks is better, I really don't know what to say other than there is nothing we can do but hope someone doesn't take you seriously.
Of course play the spec you like and im not saying every MM will do more dps than the other spec's, all im saying is that they could if they wanted to. I have plenty of Screenshots with several Bm's and SV hunters coming up short, some with same ilvl some with higher but im sure you guys will just pick them apart and say, well there just not that good. Round robin arguement.
The game is balanced around everyone playing properly.. what is the point in speculating that you can do better than someone who isn't playing properly?

There's a very good chance that if you're playing properly, and your competition isn't, then you'll prolly pull more DPS, and that's even if your spec is behind on DPS.

I'm actually curious to your facts, you posted pics (which again, is anecdotal evidence). Anecdotal evidence are not facts. It has been proven mathematically however which specs do the most. Those numbers vary fight to fight due to fight mechanics and such, making certain specs do better than the others during certain fights.

There are currently no fights that favor MM. There are fights that favor BM and or Surv however.

MM's single target as I recall is currently higher than surv's but do to the actual mechanics of the specs + the fight mechanics, MM does not come out ahead.
02/17/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Losvanzandt
im not saying every MM will do more dps than the other spec's, all im saying is that they could if they wanted to

Pause. Rewind.

I started this thread with the intention of letting peeps who want to play marksman know that they can be better at dealing damage then any other hunter spec of the same ilvl and its true.

http://www.faceandprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/objection.jpg

Now hold on a second. You're saying Marksman hunters can be better at dealing damage than the hunter specs, but you're not saying every marksman hunter will do more dps than the other specs.

What?

02/17/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Losvanzandt
but im sure you guys will just pick them apart and say, well there just not that good. Round robin arguement.

If we amend this to your previous statements and then cut out the bullcrap you're essentially saying..

"Disregard every reliable source, Marksman hunters will do more damage than other hunter specs of the same item level. Doesn't matter if they're worse players."

I'm sorry but I feel as though this appropriately expresses how I feel right now.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m91j4ryXQw1rtcfaqo1_1280.png