Solo que arenas and rbg

Battlegrounds
State your reasons why you think it's a bad idea

Also, if you do run premade que's how does solo que effect you?
02/12/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Captinawesum

For one, you really didn't think this out, or haven't bothered putting in the time to format the idea.

The closest thing i imagine that could potentially work would be some tweaking off the title system, and bake the ability to get 'RBG' rating into non-rated games, which would give players the option of somehow grinding titles.

Could be based on objectives performed, to give people some incentive to actually focus on winning,

The earlier ranks could be relatively easy, and get progressively (much) harder, requiring more time spent, or what-have-you.

But i digress, your idea doesn't look to be something that'll happen, like, ever.
02/12/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Captinawesum
I already did and you are being annoyingly obtuse.
I already did and you are being annoyingly obtuse.

Your reasons were bads would do BGs how does this effect you if you just do premades?

Bots would be so low rated you'd never see them problem solved

And you think because currently RBGs are organized that it would be impossible for solo to be fun and enjoyable - which is also silly and an ignorant way of thinking

Again if you don't like it don't que it.

For one, you really didn't think this out, or haven't bothered putting in the time to format the idea.

The closest thing i imagine that could potentially work would be some tweaking off the title system, and bake the ability to get 'RBG' rating into non-rated games, which would give players the option of somehow grinding titles.

Could be based on objectives performed, to give people some incentive to actually focus on winning,

The earlier ranks could be relatively easy, and get progressively (much) harder, requiring more time spent, or what-have-you.

But i digress, your idea doesn't look to be something that'll happen, like, ever.

Oh I formally didn't lay out the plan for solo que? it's really not a hard idea to get...

Also yea there would be hundles like titles and what do with them...but I don't really care about titles have them or don't, it wouldn't matter to me.

If people don't focus on winning then they will lose and continue to have a low rating, if you try and focus on winning your rating goes up and you get matched with like minded people etc aka how a rating system works...
02/12/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Captinawesum
Oh I formally didn't lay out the plan for solo que? it's really not a hard idea to get...

Of course it isn't, but seeing as you don't seem to care one way or the other, why should anybody else?

If you aren't one to stick behind the idea, or put time in to it, it'll just fade away, like plenty of other ideas on these forums.
Well what else do you need know about it? Please feel free to ask questions or state situation that would cause problems for this system let us discuss how to fix this situation and find answer to these questions!!

This is a wonderful idea Peppa
Look at other games who do this. For example league of legends, their single que is the more popular then their premade que...why would blizzard not do this??

Look at LoL again.
Look at the LoL forums for 5 minutes.

NOBODY LIKES SOLO Q.
EVERYONE hates solo q and it's regarded by the community as hell itself.

*Ahem* while it would be wonderful, it probably won't turn out all too well.
02/12/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Flayhugus
Look at other games who do this. For example league of legends, their single que is the more popular then their premade que...why would blizzard not do this??

Look at LoL again.

NOBODY LIKES SOLO Q.

I love solo que in league it's a great way for me to get my competitive pvp needs without a long wait. Also, if everyone hates it why is it so popular?
02/12/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Captinawesum

Look at LoL again.

NOBODY LIKES SOLO Q.

I love solo que in league it's a great way for me to get my competitive pvp needs without a long wait. Also, if everyone hates it why is it so popular?

It's not popular.
It's filled with trolls, people who say "MID OR FEED/AFK", terrible terrible players and people, and just genuinely a terrible experience.
Maybe you like it, many people disagree with you though.
02/12/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Captinawesum
..I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.

Look at league of legends...see how popular solo que is? I want that for wow that is all.

Class homogenization is complete. Now they want game homogenization.
02/12/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Captinawesum
Look at league of legends...see how popular solo que is? I want that for wow that is all.

The difference is that league of legends has a much, MUCH tighter meta game. You know in advance which map you're going to join, you know which roles you're going to need, and everybody communicates before the match starts to get all bases covered.

Once in game, you've got the laning phase where people work alone or in groups of 2, and again everyone knows their role exactly.

And finally, once the match is over you assign honour to good players, or report bad players/feeders/leavers, who are then banned.

Solo queue works well for league of legends BECAUSE IT'S A DIFFERENT !@#$ING GAME.

Why don't we turn wow into a turn based RPG, where the action pauses every 3 seconds and you then choose your action? I mean it works great for final fantasy, right?

Did that sound stupid? Yes? That's exactly how you sound.

It's not popular.
It's filled with trolls, people who say "MID OR FEED/AFK", terrible terrible players and people, and just genuinely a terrible experience.
Maybe you like it, many people disagree with you though.

Again if you don't like it don't que up for solo que like you probably don't in league however there is a large number of people who would and enjoy a solo que
02/12/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Gruklaar

The difference is that league of legends has a much, MUCH tighter meta game. You know in advance which map you're going to join, you know which roles you're going to need, and everybody communicates before the match starts to get all bases covered.

Once in game, you've got the laning phase where people work alone or in groups of 2, and again everyone knows their role exactly.

And finally, once the match is over you assign honour to good players, or report bad players/feeders/leavers, who are then banned.

Solo queue works well for league of legends BECAUSE IT'S A DIFFERENT !@#$ING GAME.

Why don't we turn wow into a turn based RPG, where the action pauses every 3 seconds and you then choose your action? I mean it works great for final fantasy, right?

Did that sound stupid? Yes? That's exactly how you sound.

The reason why I bring up league of legends solo que is because it's a game that is successfully doing solo que.

I know you can't transplant the exact same system to wow it was merely there to draw upon to get the idea of how popular solo que is and what it looks like when it's successful so people could discuss what idea would have to be put in place to make solo que successful in wow.

I'm not saying the should make wow league or a turn base RPG people focus on constructive criticism to poke holes in the idea of solo or add something that would support the idea.
This is a bad idea because the only high rated teams would be people that Que as a team/group and the lowest of the low would be soloers so you would effectively change nothing with a ton of programming, bug fixing, and paychecks that could be spent elsewhere fixing actual problems.
Your reasons were bads would do BGs how does this effect you if you just do premades?
This really wasn't my point.

And you think because currently RBGs are organized that it would be impossible for solo to be fun and enjoyable - which is also silly and an ignorant way of thinking
You really didn't listen to anything I said. You are the one being ignorant.

Again if you don't like it don't que it.
I "don't like it" because it is a horrible idea. Blizzard obviously concurs (thank God).
02/12/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Plothole
This is a bad idea because the only high rated teams would be people that Que as a team/group and the lowest of the low would be soloers so you would effectively change nothing with a ton of programming, bug fixing, and paychecks that could be spent elsewhere fixing actual problems.

High rated people would still solo que again drawing upon the parallels of league's solo que there are many diamond players who are que'ing every day.
You're comparing LoL with WoW. They're completely different games PvP wise.

Arena's and RBG's almost always require some kind of coordination. With a solo queue that coordination would be lost, even to the best of players. It would be a mess and not worth it at all.
Are you referring to organization during the match or in setting up your comp?

Both teams would suffer no organization while the match is occurring until a meta is developed.

The organizing a comp would be much tricker but wouldn't be too bad the major problem I see with comp is FC maps vs non FC maps

Can anyone think of a solution for FC vs non FC maps?
It would suffer in organization in almost every way.

Arena's would suffer because not only would the random you queue wouldn't be on a mic chat program with you calling out CC's and targets and help, but you'd also have no coordination in your matches because each match would be a completely different class comp. It would stagnate random queuer's at the bottom tier to the point no one would queue random at all.

RBG's would do the same thing and be no different than Random BG's are now.
solo que would be different from randoms cause you'd be match with equally skilled / geared players