5.2 release too early?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
02/12/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Brugavino
That this thread hasn't gotten a Ragnaros upset with Executus quote yet, makes me sad.

That happened a lot in the other thread.
Still not even done with Tier 14 but sooooo ready for a change of scenery. Could care less about feats or achievements.
Trolls/Dinosaurs/Lightning > MSV/HoF/ToES
MOST other MMO's push out new content every 1-3 months. Blizzard is still slow by industry standards...

Most other MMOs don't have 10 million + subscribers, nor are their content updates as good as most of WoW's

Free to play Wars pushes out a 5 man and calls it a content patch.
Rift Pushes out a holiday event and calls it a content patch.
02/12/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Litchi
How someone that's 9/16 is "bored" with T14 and looking forward the next raid, I'll never understand.

I think "bored with it" is often code for "frustrated enough I just want to see it gone".
02/12/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Heil
Personally I'm glad they're attaching an end date to the feats. My guild got it last week, and even that feels silly. Killing the final boss 2months + after the initial kills is hardly cutting edge. Letting it run 30-60 more days would make it even less meaningful.

The initial kills were done in like 16 hour gaming marathons by guilds running like 6 raids at once during the previous weeks to maximize gear on the main group.

Looking at Method, Heroic Will died 51 hours after Heroic Stone Guard. Assume, say, 12 hours of sleep there? So 39 hours.

Heroic Empress died 67 hours after Heroic Vizier. Assume 12 hours of sleep in there and you get 55 hours.

Heroic Sha died 84 hours after Heroic Protectors. Of course, Blizzard put in the nerf so that isn't really accurate...but let's just chop that time in half as a guess. So 42 hours.

That's 136 hours of raiding to clear the tier from the best guilds in the world who practiced the bosses on the PTR.

If we use a 16 hour raid week that's two and a half months to clear the content - and that's not counting farming time or prep time that those guilds had (4 weeks of farming Heroic MSV with multiple groups).

The "true" cutting edge raiders are so vastly different than the cutting edge 4 night a week guilds that trying to compare yourself to them doesn't even really work. Even a guild getting 16/16H 2-3 months on a 16 hour/week raid schedule would be very cutting edge.

02/12/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Heil
I'm also surprised people are surprised by this. Blizz promised more content faster. When 5.1 was announced they indicated that the plan was to introduce mid tier patches 2 months into the tier and to have raids every 4 months. While I never would have guessed they'd actually manage this, it is on target for what we've been told.

I thought it was supposed to go like

0 - launch
2 - mid tier
6 - new tier
8 - mid tier
12 - new tier
14 - mid tier
etc
unfortunetly the people that do not raid or do lfr only have nothing to do really by now.

Even casually doing dailies you should of maxed out. Valor upgrading is not very "fun" when its the only thing left to do to upgrade your stuff.

As far as raider, yes i feel it is a little early.
people who don't do anything dont have anything to do

Besides 1000's of hours of content.
From my point of view, it is not too soon to release new content. That a new raid is becoming available for those who are more progressed than I and done with the tier is fine, and awesome!

What does bother me is that with the release of the new content, the content I am currently working through becomes suddenly and drastically less (relatively) rewarding. (Specifically, in my case, LFR of the next tier will be both easier and more rewarding than the normal mode bosses I haven't yet downed. I.e. you would be better off doing LFR to progress your toon, rather than to come to my normal mode raid - a min/maxer would only do normal mode raids after doing the new LFR). More difficult content should be more rewarding!

I guess less than world class heroic mode guilds have been suffering through this forever though (i.e. the newly released normal mode is both easier and more rewarding than the previous heroic modes they haven't yet downed) - doesn't mean that feels right to me, either.

And yes, I grudgingly grant that Watcher's reasoning behind making the new LFR tier 502 ilevel makes sense - seems to me that indicates that the VP etc. gear for this tier was too high an ilevel, though ;)
02/12/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Heresy
I guess less than world class heroic mode guilds have been suffering through this forever though (i.e. the newly released normal mode is both easier and more rewarding than the previous heroic modes they haven't yet downed) - doesn't mean that feels right to me, either.

Normal? you mean that 1st week of relaxing?
I'd have to agree with the op. 4months was fairly a short time and the most boss fights have been fun. Majority of raiding guilds are just starting to get some heroic experience where more excitement comes in.

That being said, I can see the mixed opinion on this as people who hasn't even done heroic MSG/hof/toes would want to see 5.2 so they can jump their gear with valor points. All I wanted to say is that MoP heroics were done better than Cata heroics and is much more fun.
Eh we still have a while (which I'm happy for). Bashiok even said in his twitter feed that the release date for 5.2 isn't confirmed yet, and that the 26th was a target date.

4-6 weeks from now would be my best guess, since they still have a !@#$load of bosses to test.
02/12/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Postonforums

With 12 new bosses you may wind up eating your own words with the relaxing part =P
02/13/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
With 12 new bosses you may wind up eating your own words with the relaxing part =P

4 am kills are fun.
Eh we still have a while (which I'm happy for). Bashiok even said in his twitter feed that the release date for 5.2 isn't confirmed yet, and that the 26th was a target date.

4-6 weeks from now would be my best guess, since they still have a !@#$load of bosses to test.

Well 6 more bosses to test in the next 2 days leaves 25-27 bosses (they certainly aren't testing Ra-Den heroic and idk if they'll test heroic Lei Shen.) to test. So at 6 bosses every 3 days, that would be about on target for first of March.
I don't like to pvp, raid, dungeon, daily, scenario, quest, solo, level, alts, WHY IS THERE NO CONTENT!
02/12/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Postonforums

An, but would it be relaxing if its all buggy and unkillable? :)
MOST other MMO's push out new content every 1-3 months. Blizzard is still slow by industry standards...

Again, T14 is not disappearing, you can still run it after the patch.

There's nothing wrong with quality content that can last for months. Also, you obviously haven't seen how buggy the PTR fights still are, considering the Heroics still have the same problems the normals did, meaning they didn't fix a damn thing (if they did, it's few and far between) when there was at least a week gap (didn't pay much attention to the time) of normal and Heroic testing.
I would actually prefer they delay this patch another month or so. That's just my opinion though.