Doing randoms is making me hate the game.

Battlegrounds
Unfortunately because you are crazily undergeared part of the problem is you. Many people forget that when they hit max level on their main or alts. Consider someone who hits level 90 and buys the Contender set, grabs a blue weapon from a dungeon and eagerly gets into a battleground. If we base the comparison off of PvP Power alone, you are doing 30%+ (ish?) less damage than someone in a full honour set and malevolent weapon. That means you are contributing that much less damage over the course of a 10-15 minute battleground! If you're running WSG, SSM or BFG, you are 10% of the team doing that much less damage. So naturally while you're gearing up you might endure more losses.

Just be patient and try to queue with friends who already have their PvP gear in order. If you don't have any friends -- add me. hbomb_tba@yahoo.ca -- I'll PvP with you.

~H

Edit: Just realized OP is Alliance. Ah well, I tried.

Thank you for being civil and not just shouting profanities or insulting.
and thanks for the offer anyway! It's nice to see SOME nice people actually still come to the forums.
My pleasure dude. Good luck finding buds to PvP with, it's always more fun even when we lose.
I couldn't agree more with the OP. Long day at work, want to come home and relax and get into a 10 man random vs a 5 man premade (warriors and priests) . Chaincc'd a few times and realize, I dont need this crap. Made the mistake of resubbing but this is just to freking painful. Fix your game.
Flayhugus, the one thing I would like to see, which will never happen, is for max lvl random battlegrounds to group teams based on their gear level. Maybe 2 or 3 levels. Basically the new level 90s in one group and the well established level 90s in another seperate battleground. This way we would be able to play against people that are on the same page as far as gear is concerned. I really dislike the fact that as a new level 90 I have to go into a battleground and get absolutely destroyed by people that have full pvp gear sets. I totally understand that these people have put in the time and effort to earn it, but that doesn't mean that they should be god like versus new entrants to max level. I know gear has always played a big part in this game, but at max level the difference between gear means that the most skill-less toon can kill you based purely on gear. I do not play max lvl bgs any more because of this whole situation. I love playing various classes and I simply do not have the time to gear every toon up to competency at lvl 90. Especially not when farming honor as a new lvl 90 is absolutely infuriating. I play the game to have fun and relax. Not be tortured by crappy design and a torturous honor farming session. Well there's my rant. Time to go home and hop on my level 49 druid for some bgs :) Hope the random situation gets better for you!
Ok. If you are under geared, don't do randoms. Do AV or IOC and you will get armor in no time at all. This honor can then be used to purchase pvp gear which can then make you viable in smaller BGs. Being in a 40man will allow you to hide yourself better and play your part in the Zerg. You won't get the CP but after just a few days you will have full dreadful, then a few days later upgraded dreadful. Once you get your dreadful suit you will have better luck at winning randoms because frankly your gear automatically puts any 10man group at a distinct disadvantage. Not your fault but its just a fact.

You can still try for your daily 100cp win but you may want to concentrate on AV and to a lesser extent IOC to make it less monotonous.
The worst part about the grind is going against geared to the teeth players and just getting dominated by getting hit for 50-100k per hit while you hit them for 5-20k per hit. Feels like I'm shooting at a armored wall.
Flayhugus, you can speed up the grind by doing the Grizzly Hills PVP dailies, which still reward 50 Honor apiece, and by running Tol Barad and Wintergrasp every time they're available on your server. Tol Barad in particular is, with the weekly quest, worth around a thousand honor for a successful run.
The reason I really like this thread is because he's not crying for gear normalization, or asking to get rid of premades, or blaming all his losses on healers. It's true, the pvp community has a much worse attitude than years before, from what I've seen. Like others have said, find 4 (or even 2 or 3 helps) like-minded people, and your experience will be a little bit better.
P.S. even when you're fully geared, the attitudes of some people don't get any better. I blame the 10-12 year olds playing, who 4 years ago, probably didn't play this game.
02/13/2013 05:05 AMPosted by Axebeard
Flayhugus, you can speed up the grind by doing the Grizzly Hills PVP dailies, which still reward 50 Honor apiece, and by running Tol Barad and Wintergrasp every time they're available on your server. Tol Barad in particular is, with the weekly quest, worth around a thousand honor for a successful run.

That's actually pretty awesome that the dailies still give a nice bit of honor.
I'll have to do those.
Normalizing stats in battlegrounds so everyone has the same stats would go a long way to balancing PvP, aside from the classes. I know, I know, I can already hear the shrieks of people geared in full malevolent wondering why someone would PvP if gear suddenly didn't matter. I guess for me everyone being equal and being able to play multiple alts would be more fun than beating the crap out of fresh 90s in greens and blues, but to each his own.
Do AV/IoC weekend, your gear won't influence too much the loss/win of your team.
Right now AV is the CTA. It's a great time to rake in the honor points!
Not sure how prices are on your realm but the Contender's gear helps quite a bit while trying to gear. I know you said you didn't have much gold, but it shouldn't cost more than 1k for a full set.
Oqueue (available from Curse) is the bees knees! It's restored my love for pvp. I've met tons of awesome players through it that i regularly do randoms with and RBGs. I recommend it to any and all who pvp.
Right now AV is the CTA. It's a great time to rake in the honor points!
Not sure how prices are on your realm but the Contender's gear helps quite a bit while trying to gear. I know you said you didn't have much gold, but it shouldn't cost more than 1k for a full set.
Oqueue (available from Curse) is the bees knees! It's restored my love for pvp. I've met tons of awesome players through it that i regularly do randoms with and RBGs. I recommend it to any and all who pvp.

Yeah, I tried getting the full set but most of the pieces are in the 500-800 range, Got a few that were only a hundred-ish though.
I'm almost in full PvP gear now actually.

I'm actually looking into OQ a lot too, I might get it.
just do what I did whil gearing up hide and when everyone engages zerg nuke the healers; at the very least you can lock them down hard as a rogue go mind numbing and don't get juked gg.
The reason I really like this thread is because he's not crying for gear normalization, or asking to get rid of premades, or blaming all his losses on healers. It's true, the pvp community has a much worse attitude than years before, from what I've seen. Like others have said, find 4 (or even 2 or 3 helps) like-minded people, and your experience will be a little bit better.
P.S. even when you're fully geared, the attitudes of some people don't get any better. I blame the 10-12 year olds playing, who 4 years ago, probably didn't play this game.

4 years ago this game was at its best stone keeper shards was great wish they bring those back.
02/13/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Tooskosa
i dont understand.. how does doing random battlegrounds make you hate the game?

enter battleground it is WSG 30 seconds til the game starts.....

games starts everyone runs out through mid.

warrior charges with warbringer stun shockwave dead..

some undergeared person with 290k life will pick up the flag and you ask them to drop it to someone more geared and they wont listen and they die in .5 seconds the flag is returned and the EFC caps the flag.

lol this is a typical bad WSG ive seen happen a few times but gilneas and AB is worse
me and a friend in AB i was healing he was on a ret pally we went and 2v5 GM and owned everyone there and capped then we look up we are 4 capped by the other team.
02/13/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Zontu
Normalizing stats in battlegrounds so everyone has the same stats would go a long way to balancing PvP
You don't understand what balance is... balance is equal opportunity... it doesn't mean everyone gets the same thing no matter how little effort they put into it.

I can already hear the shrieks of people geared in full malevolent wondering why someone would PvP if gear suddenly didn't matter
Empty, baseless rhetoric. It's more like we spent multiple hours gearing up & you want someone that made no effort to gear up to have the same gear. It is not about being "afraid of competition" or "needing gear to beat you" or any of the other silly statements you all make to deflect attention away from the fact that you want a handout... it's that we want you to earn the gear just like we did. Once you do that I would be more than happy to fight you on "even grounds".

I guess for me everyone being equal and being able to play multiple alts would be more fun than beating the crap out of fresh 90s in greens and blues, but to each his own.
You want a handout... you aren't entitled to one... it is that simple. Stop trying to rationalize a handout for your failure to gear up.

Well said and 100% true.
Again, thanks for all the wonderful suggestions.
And thank most of you for not going to the instant "OMG HATE OP" route the second you saw the title.
I'll que with you, if you peel for me.

Add me.

Flax#1695

I heal like a boss.