Maintenance Day

Customer Support
So its tuesday. the message on the left of my screen on the login says they are only doing rolling restarts and each realm should only take 15 min. to come back up.

But my game time ran out and I have to go buy more. I cant buy it from the blizzard online store because that website is down for maintenance too!

So can anyone tell me when the website will be back up?
having the same issues, hoping it comes back up soon
would love some feedback from blizz here...
or from anyone lol.
sorry to hear this is happening to you too :(
we cant even post on most of the forums! just get to sit and wait for the store to be fixed.
kinda beyond a joke now...spent nearly 2 hours just trying to connect to bnet, and when i finally managed to do so, my relief was thrown back in my face when the store was down.
While the game may not take as long for maintenance, the website maintenance, which isn't listed, can still take the full normal maintenance period. Also, it says that each realm SHOULD take no more than 15 minutes, not that it WOULD take no more than 15 minutes. It is an estimated time frame.
Im usually the last person to NEED MY INTERWEBZ AND FAKE LIFE NAO and all....
but my day off....
i wake up at 5:30 AM and cant sleep...
and cant play.
and cant buy time.
and cant post on forums.

FML.
the servers being up or not is another issue, one would think that as soon as the blizzard/bnet services were back up, they would all be up. OP and i are just trying to pay for game time and the store is still down where as everything else is up
Im usually the last person to NEED MY INTERWEBZ AND FAKE LIFE NAO and all....
but my day off....
i wake up at 5:30 AM and cant sleep...
and cant play.
and cant buy time.
and cant post on forums.

FML.

and yep, i just finished work. stressful day, wanted to come home and unwind...yea...that ain't happenin lol
02/12/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Jörð
the servers being up or not is another issue, one would think that as soon as the blizzard/bnet services were back up, they would all be up. OP and i are just trying to pay for game time and the store is still down where as everything else is up
Server maintenance and website maintenance are two different things. While the servers may only take a few minutes to restart, the website may need 8 hours. Just keep trying every 15 minutes or so until you can get in.
02/12/2013 06:02 AMPosted by Flatspriest
While the game may not take as long for maintenance, the website maintenance, which isn't listed, can still take the full normal maintenance period. Also, it says that each realm SHOULD take no more than 15 minutes, not that it WOULD take no more than 15 minutes. It is an estimated time frame.

When the game is down for a SECOND longer than it "SHOULD" be, they get all kinds of people throwing fits. In reality it only takes about FIVE minutes, 10-15 if they are going slow, and if it takes longer they know there are problems that need fixed.
BUT THATS NOT WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH. the game could be down until noon today and what I would still have a problem with is the inability to buy game time through the blizzard website.

I am aware that the game and the website are going to be down for different ammounts of time. If you read my original post, im asking if anyone knows when the website will be back. How long IS the websites maintenance?

stop trolling, or start reading.
B-net was all messed up last night. I'm not sure if that affects the site, but it could be the reason for maintenance?
B-net was all messed up last night. I'm not sure if that affects the site, but it could be the reason for maintenance?

no they do game/bnet maintenance every tuesday. not sure about the blizz store because i only go there to buy game time :P bnet being messed up shouldnt effect the blizz store.
02/12/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Asvaria

When the game is down for a SECOND longer than it "SHOULD" be, they get all kinds of people throwing fits. In reality it only takes about FIVE minutes, 10-15 if they are going slow, and if it takes longer they know there are problems that need fixed.
BUT THATS NOT WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH. the game could be down until noon today and what I would still have a problem with is the inability to buy game time through the blizzard website.

I am aware that the game and the website are going to be down for different ammounts of time. If you read my original post, im asking if anyone knows when the website will be back. How long IS the websites maintenance?

stop trolling, or start reading.
Sorry, but you apparently don't understand how many servers one realm actually consist of. If you know what a server rack is, then imagine that each realm takes up at least half a rack. Each one of those need to be reset and then tested before being put back online which is why it takes an average of at least 15 minutes per realm.
02/12/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Jörð
and yep, i just finished work. stressful day, wanted to come home and unwind...yea...that ain't happenin lol

well i guess our other option, until the site is back up, is to go to the store to get a time card, and then put the code in... im tempted.
if it wasnt past midnight id go get a bloody card. at this rate im tempted to give up....lol...
02/12/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Flatspriest
Sorry, but you apparently don't understand how many servers one realm actually consist of. If you know what a server rack is, then imagine that each realm takes up at least half a rack. Each one of those need to be reset and then tested before being put back online which is why it takes an average of at least 15 minutes per realm.

ok definitely a troll.
youre just a pretty face now.
02/12/2013 06:16 AMPosted by Asvaria

well i guess our other option, until the site is back up, is to go to the store to get a time card, and then put the code in... im tempted.
You know, if the site is in maintenance, you wouldn't be able to add the store bought code either.
02/12/2013 06:16 AMPosted by Jörð
if it wasnt past midnight id go get a bloody card. at this rate im tempted to give up....lol...

the walmart in my town is 24/7 :3

the walmart in my town is 24/7 :3

don't have walmart here :S

You know, if the site is in maintenance, you wouldn't be able to add the store bought code either.

pretty sure you can still do physical card through account page