5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 30 Next
Thank you, Blizzard!

I am officially a happy camper again.

I don't expect jacksquat handed to me. I do not log on and expect shiny gears and unicorns in my mailbox just for paying to play. THAT is handing something to someone.

While the content I choose to do isn't as difficult as what you choose to do, it is a very lengthy grind and time spent. I really dislike attitudes like yours. I raided classic through wotlk, and part of the reason I stopped was because of the elitist snot attitudes that developed over freaking pixels.

I do not NEED to have gear that resembles raid gear or even the same ilvl, I realize this and I get it, and I agree with it, but gear is not only a tool, it is an incentive and a goal to shoot for, and if casual people are willing to do the long !@#$ grind that so many of you raiders whine about doing, they should get rewarded for it and they should get gear upgrades for it.

If people like doing dailys, questing and storylines like Operation: Stormshield and are willing to do that for their end game, why are they scrubs or wanting something handed to them?

Raiders wil always have the best shinies anyway, what is the big deal?

I wish people would just play this game, do what they do, and quit judging others for the content they choose to do. Blizz sets the playing field and the rewards, the players choose which content to pursue to get the rewards they want.

End of story.

You do realize raiders do that !@#$ grind as well because most raiders need the gear as well from the grinds, also I wasn't even referring to you, the person I was referring to didn't even raid lfr so it would be throwing gear at them. Spending endless hours wiping on top of the regular grind most raiders do does give them the right to get better gear, I started off casual in mop and just got back into raiding. The game is about personal progression (getting better at your class, gearing up, finding equally skilled partners, etc.) MMOs aren't meant to be solo grind games. LFR tier drops 502 item level gear which is more than enough for solo progression and even better for raid progression, if somebody wants to be casual its their choice but you can't blame raiders for having an elitist point of view just because they like to raid on top of the regular grinds most people are meant to perform.

Yes I can blame them for the elitist point of view. I have been where you are. I smashed my head against bosses for months, I get it, but Blizz does not offer "scrub/hand/out" tokens, just valor, for people who do not raid or have thick enough skin to use any type of lfg functions, so they choose to solo or run random stuff with their guilds on occasion.

I saw what was offered, did the grind to get what I wanted. I did not expect a hand out, and the person whom you answered, didn't give me the impression she/he wanted hand outs either. They just wanted gear via dailys and upgrades via dailys and more end game content for non raiders other than dailys. Gear is not only a tool, it is an incentive; a goal to achieve.

Judging people and labeling them, often derisively, due to the content they choose to do, and receiving the rewards Blizzard offers is wrong and just drives people away.

We all do what we do.
These blue posters are masters at keeping WoW players active in the forums and, thusly, active in the game by drawing us together through this community. Bashiok: ... 2 weeks ... ; Zarhym: ... 3 weeks (implied by 'math') ... .

An onslaught of 15 pages on the forum in 12 hours and a gazillion @Bashiok 's on twitter later and we get a 'We're !@#$in' with ya, you know we won't tell you a purposeful, concise date to aim for! *troll face*'

Masters of PR.
Well, that's fine and all, but I'm still going to find things to complain about. The only part of life I enjoy is complaining about how bad it is! Two weeks notice? Should have been 3 weeks! I can keep my valor? I should have been told about that a month ago and the cap should have been increased to 10k! New raids? I haven't finished the old ones, so new ones shouldn't be available until I finish heroic Sha! New character models? I don't remember being asked to design them!
Awesome !!!
Thanks for listening Blizz :-)
this is cool, but i used what i had to upgrade my gear but would have saved :( on my rogue but o well :)
Wow, I just saw ten-or-so comments in a row that were nothing but positive remarks towards the blue post. Should I screenshot, this might not happen again..

You do realize raiders do that !@#$ grind as well because most raiders need the gear as well from the grinds, also I wasn't even referring to you, the person I was referring to didn't even raid lfr so it would be throwing gear at them. Spending endless hours wiping on top of the regular grind most raiders do does give them the right to get better gear, I started off casual in mop and just got back into raiding. The game is about personal progression (getting better at your class, gearing up, finding equally skilled partners, etc.) MMOs aren't meant to be solo grind games. LFR tier drops 502 item level gear which is more than enough for solo progression and even better for raid progression, if somebody wants to be casual its their choice but you can't blame raiders for having an elitist point of view just because they like to raid on top of the regular grinds most people are meant to perform.

Yes I can blame them for the elitist point of view. I have been where you are. I smashed my head against bosses for months, I get it, but Blizz does not offer "scrub/hand/out" tokens, just valor, for people who do not raid or have thick enough skin to use any type of lfg functions, so they choose to solo or run random stuff with their guilds on occasion.

I saw what was offered, did the grind to get what I wanted. I did not expect a hand out, and the person whom you answered, didn't give me the impression she/he wanted hand outs either. They just wanted gear via dailys and upgrades via dailys and more end game content for non raiders other than dailys. Gear is not only a tool, it is an incentive; a goal to achieve.

Judging people and labeling them, often derisively, due to the content they choose to do, and receiving the rewards Blizzard offers is wrong and just drives people away.

We all do what we do.

Harder/ riskier choices always lead to better potential rewards. A casual who spends his time farming herbs/ ores or making gold through other professions is rewarded through gold. A raider who enjoys raiding takes the risk of constant wipes which can amount to around 400g a night worth of repairs, and anywhere from 4-5 hours of time lost to achieve minor progression. I know several people who instead of raiding went casual to make gold and now have so much gold they don't know what to do with it whereas some of my raid group is trying to scrape up gold to fund their next raid. I on average spend close to 1k a night which equals about 3-4k/ week. After my time is sunk the only reward I look forward to is gear/ an achievement for a heroic kill if I could achieve the same amount of gear without risking my time or gold then obviously I would take that path as would many others. Whereas a casual has hardly any risk if they don't raid or work the ah, but by playing different aspects of the game achieve a different goal whether it be reputation, gold, mounts, pets, etc.
YAY! Was about to spend some more, too. Now I can save up a little bit longer. I still need to finish up the Wrathion valor collecting, though. It sucks being a slacker sometimes.
Thanks, Blizz, you just made my day. :D
Just out of curiosity, what is even available for Valor in 5.2?

I see some rings from Kirin Tor/ Sunreaver. Maybe some Shado-Pan Offensive gear will use it, but again you can only get rep for that faction by raiding the Thunder King. Will we get that rep for LFR?

With the upgrade vendor gone, are we still expected to use valor for the 5.0 and 5.1 valor rewards from the reputation vendors then? Why is that even desirable when 5.2 LFR gear will far outstrip it?

I think I'm missing something. Could someone help me out?
I work 4 weeks on and two weeks off so while im working i just dont have enough time to be raid with my guild every week. I think that the valor cap should be high so you can get a piece of gear every week instead of saving for legs for 3 weeks.
Just a point to consider. You make it very difficult and time consuming to get even half decent gear. I am a solo player so it is even harder. I put in my time to get the gear and feel proud when I get as much as I can. This takes months and months of dedicated playing (IE rep grind) Then a new expansion comes along and everything I worked so hard and long for is replaced with greens within a week of starting. I have friends that have stopped playing because of this and feel it is pointless to come back. Perhaps if we had an easier path to the gear you might not loose as many subscribers. Still love the game, but please think about this for a moment.
Just out of curiosity, what is even available for Valor in 5.2?

I see some rings from Kirin Tor/ Sunreaver. Maybe some Shado-Pan Offensive gear will use it, but again you can only get rep for that faction by raiding the Thunder King. Will we get that rep for LFR?

With the upgrade vendor gone, are we still expected to use valor for the 5.0 and 5.1 valor rewards from the reputation vendors then? Why is that even desirable when 5.2 LFR gear will far outstrip it?

I think I'm missing something. Could someone help me out?

There's new items at ilvl 522 available from the shado-pan offensive. The rep can be gained from lfr instances not sure if the rep amount awarded is the same as normal though. The 5.0/ 5.1 valor rewards are having their valor reqs nerfed by quite a bit I think 50% on 5.0 items and 25% on 5.1 items. The valor gear is mainly staying to promote progression through older content though, unlike cata where you hop into an instance and gear yourself up, this way people still run older content but have other means to gear themselves up to reach the lfr reqs for the new raid.
Thank you, Zarhym. This is good news.

We all do what we do.

Harder/ riskier choices always lead to better potential rewards. A casual who spends his time farming herbs/ ores or making gold through other professions is rewarded through gold. A raider who enjoys raiding takes the risk of constant wipes which can amount to around 400g a night worth of repairs, and anywhere from 4-5 hours of time lost to achieve minor progression. I know several people who instead of raiding went casual to make gold and now have so much gold they don't know what to do with it whereas some of my raid group is trying to scrape up gold to fund their next raid. I on average spend close to 1k a night which equals about 3-4k/ week. After my time is sunk the only reward I look forward to is gear/ an achievement for a heroic kill if I could achieve the same amount of gear without risking my time or gold then obviously I would take that path as would many others. Whereas a casual has hardly any risk if they don't raid or work the ah, but by playing different aspects of the game achieve a different goal whether it be reputation, gold, mounts, pets, etc.

I know fully well what raiders go through, I raided in classic where the whole week was spent grinding random mobs to shuffle up enough mats and gold for repairs for the raid that week. There were not any dailys unless you count cauldron runs for Argent rep, and they did have some turn in quests at chapel towards the end, I don't remember the timing of it all, so yes, I understand the hard work outside raid and the challenge of fighting bosses.

I am not begrudging you the rewards you receive for your time spent. My issue is the labeling and thinking people like me want something for nothing.

I make choices, like everyone does in this game, I put my time in to achieve the goals to earn what has been offered. I am not a scrub or a lazy butt or any other lable for playing the content Blizzard has provided and earning the rewards Blizzard has provided.

There are a lot of people who would try progressive raiding or lfr or even arena but don't because of how gamers treat each other. I can't fault them for that, I am not going to say *man up*, people are people and we do what we do.

I just want the name calling and elitism to stop. You do realize, when you have to knock someone else down to make yourself or what you do look better or whatever, you are the problem right?

I could give a crap what people earn or don't earn in this game, I base myself on what I accomplish and the choices I make and the goals I achieve.

Anything in this game is achievable, it is all about choices and willingness to do the content to achieve that goal. If you are doing that, you are not looking for hand outs, nor are you a scrub.
Thank you blizzard <3 I recently got back into the game and leveled this toon up. My guild wanted me geared before 5.2 hit and I don't think that's possible.

Thank you soo much for not making me regrind that valor D: