5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 30 Next
But that is how it is supposed to be how it works. You run regulars until you have enough justice gear to run heroics. then you run heroics until you have enough valor to get the lowest tier of valor gear, so you can queue for LFR.

Valor gear being a supplement only works if there are whole sets of drops available. Spending 3 months grinding heroics and still having the same crappy green shoulders is not working. They need to fill out the gear drops, and make sure that the available valor gear does fill in the gaps.
The idea works, the execution was just bad.

No, that is how you want it to work. The design for 5.2 is that you get to level 90. You can get into Heroics with quest gear and normal dungeon drops. You grind heroics til you get into MV LFR and then do that til HoF/ToES LFR. All the while you are simultaneously earning Valor and buy some cheap pieces til you have 480. Then you queue for ToT LFR.

I'll admit, I don't remember the exact reason why they removed the full Valor sets, but I think it was something along the lines of wanting people to raid to some extent for that gear, not to be able to get it solely from dungeon grinding and the like. And with the introduction of LFR, it's hard to disagree with it because of how easy that is.

As for having green shoulders after 3 months of Heroics, that's either not trying very hard or an almost unbelievable streak of bad luck. Aren't there 476 crafted shoulders anyways? And when 5.2 hits, 5.0 drop rates will be buffed and those shoulders will come soon enough. Were there even Valor shoulders in Cata? I remember there not being a helm because it took me forever in T11 to get an epic helm.
thank you for this but i think the cap for all currancies should be 5k to give you more options on how to spend it especially for those that dual spec im pretty sure that would make all players happy
YEYYY! Thank you very much Blizz!!! You rock :D
The design for 5.2 is that you get to level 90. You can get into Heroics with quest gear and normal dungeon drops.

This would be fantastic, and I hope they pull it off. But they never have in the past. There are always very obvious holes in the available gear.

As to them not wanting you to skip any content, there is no risk of that. It takes 10-15 runs just to get one piece of gear.
Yaaaaay! I get to keep my valor points!!! Still need to earn about 3k for my Black Prince quest anyway -_-;
I'm concerned about professions patterns... Heroic raids to get patterns puts me out in the cold. I'm not a serious raider, so how to get the good patterns? Gotta be a way or having the professions aren't worth the time or gold. Help us Blizz!
Thanks for not making my current smallish pile of valor worthless. I will still not be able to get all my upgrades in before th patch, I am stuck again doing LFR for months until enough useful gear drops to get me to 480. Hope is fading fast!

I feel like gating gear behind valor AND rep means I will never get it, I do not have enough time to earn both in any quantity. So I forego rep and give up purchasing valor gear, in the small hope I can get useful drops. I have no choice, it would takes months to get enough rep with the current factions, let alone new factions. In the mean time I would eventually cap valor and have no way to spend it, upgrades are going away.

Ultimately starting late means you will be behind until end game arrives and everyuone else stops moving forward so you can catch up.
If its 2 weeks away like the said then:

This week (12th-18th): 1000 valor
Next Week (19th-25th): 1000 valor

Patch Drop on week of the 26th would still allow you to hit 3k valor that week if you chose not to spend anything.

But the post says 3k BEFORE the patch hits, suggesting it will be coming out the following week
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zarhym
We’d love to hear your feedback about this change, and how you’re planning to earn, save, and spend Valor before the patch releases.

I don't traditionally worry about maxing out my currencies. Sometimes i'll start, get distracted, and then ultimately just not care.

Right now my barrier to gearing is rep.

My original plan was to spend as much valor as possible before the change, now, I think i'll save it, and spend just enough to stay under the cap while still earning Valor. I will probably be doing some upgrades on my best gear before that guy disappears.
When do we get separate 10 and 25 man lock outs like they do overseas? Also, the purpose of this continued double gating is really getting a bit old. There may have been complaints about gear being too easy to get, but it's better if the gear is easy to get than locked behind reputations, especially with alts.
Well played Blizz.... a fair decission for all of your players :D
So you do me like this, the day AFTER I spent 750 valor on my lock and priest so it won't be wasted just in case the patch was soon? You OWE me my valor back. When do I get it refunded?

I'm not sure what you're owed. You knew what you were spending points on and got what you paid for.

This is why we so often repeat with every patch that things are subject to change during development and testing.

Do you not understand the frustration that your customer face in this situation? He (and others) ended up spending hard earned valor points not necessarily because we wanted what we ended up purchasing but because we thought that we were going to lose them otherwise and we didn't want them to go to waste. We would have much rather preferred to continue to save them until we were able to afford the items that we really wanted.

The fact that ignored this point and tried to make it out like we got what we wanted is really just insult to injury.
GREAT JOB! It actually proves that blizzard cares about what its players think. They actually take into account the players opinion. That is something rare this day and age. Thank you Blizzard.
SO relieved at this news - Thanks for thinking this one thru, Blizzard! But...what about Morbal's question?
yes! hooray for QQ,anyways now to the real issue when will the SOR requirements be changed!?
Thank you!
I'm concerned about professions patterns... Heroic raids to get patterns puts me out in the cold. I'm not a serious raider, so how to get the good patterns? Gotta be a way or having the professions aren't worth the time or gold. Help us Blizz!

Buy them from the ah. That's what my lw hunter has been doing.
02/15/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Jawaka

I'm not sure what you're owed. You knew what you were spending points on and got what you paid for.

This is why we so often repeat with every patch that things are subject to change during development and testing.

Do you not understand the frustration that your customer face in this situation? He (and others) ended up spending hard earned valor points not necessarily because we wanted what we ended up purchasing but because we thought that we were going to lose them otherwise and we didn't want them to go to waste. We would have much rather preferred to continue to save them until we were able to afford the items that we really wanted.

The fact that ignored this point and tried to make it out like we got what we wanted is really just insult to injury.

Ok, but yet again, this was announced like a day after the original post saying you were going to lose it.

You had 2+ weeks. Why dump it all in 1 day?

Furthermore, if you had been paying attention the past couple years, Blizzard had always converted Valor on patches. Therefore you shouldn't have been expecting to be able to keep it and should have been spending it all anyway. There shouldn't have been any drastic change in your use of Valor when the original announcement came down.

Being able to keep it is a bonus, and you have enough time to amass enough to make a difference going into the next patch. Honestly, this is why we can't have nice things - every time we get a nice thing you decide to complain about it.
I like they way you guys are doing this. But....i just really wish, you would stop telling me what is and is not fun!