5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 30 Next
Yay!
aw man, I wanted to use the converted valor to JP to get a BOA….

now I'll have to grind honor for it :(
I AM PROBABLY GOING TO STOP PLAYING WOW. SCILLA ALONG WITH OTHER SERVERS ARE BARREN. THE ONLY CHOICE WE HAVE IS LFR. THIS IS GOOD FOR NOOBS WATCHING ESPN AND FEELING SATISFIED GETTING CARRIED THROUGH A RAID BY OBTAINING AN EPIC PIECE OF GEAR THEY WILL NEVER ENCHANT, GEM, TRANSMOG, OR REFORGE BECAUSE THEY FEEL I LOOKS NICE ON THEIR TOON. THEY ARE NOT THE NUMBER CRUNCHING WOW NERDS PLUGGIN DPS, THREAT MITIGATION, OR HEALING TO THE MAX. THERE IS NO WAY FOR THEM TO LEARN EITHER AS SUCH A WASTED PIECE OF SERVER BLIZZARD MEMORY STORES NO ENTITY DEVELOPING SOCIAL SKILLS WITH GUILD RECRUITMENT. PLEASE LET US MOVE TOONS FOR LESS THAN $25 OR COMBINE SOME SERVERS. YOU GUYS CAME UP WITH LOTS OF COOL NAMES FOR THEM, HOWEVER SOME NEED TO BE HYPHENED OR ENGRAVED ON A TOMBSTONE IN Sepulcher. MY TOONS ON SCILLA ARE FUN TO PLAY BECAUSE I HAVE ONE OF EACH CLASS AND ENCOMPASS ALL PROFESSIONS. I USED TO THINK THAT HAVING MY OWN LITTLE FUNCTIONING ECONOMY WAS COOL, BUT I T SAD NOW THAT IS ALMOST A REQUIREMENT IF A TOON NEEDS A GEM CUT OR SOME MAGICAL DUST ENCHANTING MY GEAR A QUERY OF "/WHO ORG" RESULTS IN LISTING 3 OTHER PEOPLE SHARING MY SHA-TOUCHED TRAVESTY.
02/16/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Souldoneus
I AM PROBABLY GOING TO STOP PLAYING WOW. SCILLA ALONG WITH OTHER SERVERS ARE BARREN. THE ONLY CHOICE WE HAVE IS LFR. THIS IS GOOD FOR NOOBS WATCHING ESPN AND FEELING SATISFIED GETTING CARRIED THROUGH A RAID BY OBTAINING AN EPIC PIECE OF GEAR THEY WILL NEVER ENCHANT, GEM, TRANSMOG, OR REFORGE BECAUSE THEY FEEL I LOOKS NICE ON THEIR TOON. THEY ARE NOT THE NUMBER CRUNCHING WOW NERDS PLUGGIN DPS, THREAT MITIGATION, OR HEALING TO THE MAX. THERE IS NO WAY FOR THEM TO LEARN EITHER AS SUCH A WASTED PIECE OF SERVER BLIZZARD MEMORY STORES NO ENTITY DEVELOPING SOCIAL SKILLS WITH GUILD RECRUITMENT. PLEASE LET US MOVE TOONS FOR LESS THAN $25 OR COMBINE SOME SERVERS. YOU GUYS CAME UP WITH LOTS OF COOL NAMES FOR THEM, HOWEVER SOME NEED TO BE HYPHENED OR ENGRAVED ON A TOMBSTONE IN Sepulcher. MY TOONS ON SCILLA ARE FUN TO PLAY BECAUSE I HAVE ONE OF EACH CLASS AND ENCOMPASS ALL PROFESSIONS. I USED TO THINK THAT HAVING MY OWN LITTLE FUNCTIONING ECONOMY WAS COOL, BUT I T SAD NOW THAT IS ALMOST A REQUIREMENT IF A TOON NEEDS A GEM CUT OR SOME MAGICAL DUST ENCHANTING MY GEAR A QUERY OF "/WHO ORG" RESULTS IN LISTING 3 OTHER PEOPLE SHARING MY SHA-TOUCHED TRAVESTY.

Dude, turn off your caps and stop being a troll....
Good deal, now stop all the cross realm nonsense and we'll get along find, Blizzard.

What game are you playing? It does not take that long to valor cap a couple days of dailies if you do ALL of them and if you don't do them all you can still get vp capped over the course of 7 days.

Thank you for making my point. Between raiding, getting my farms planted, managing auctions and crafting, I am already talking 2hrs/day of play on average. Yes, I am playing the game I want to play, but isn't that what Blizzard wants us to do? Or shall we have the dailies is required/not required argument all over again? The point is, for those not doing dailies, valor is a precious currency, and the inconsistent information we got from Blizz community managers led many of us to squander our valor. I am not asking for a refund, just an acknowledgement of the screw-up and an apology would be nice.

1. Upgrading will be removed for 5.2 so upgrade your junk now with your VP.
2. Spend your VP on other upgrades now won't effect you in any way shape or form regardless of how you choose to obtain your VP because:

You'll need REP with the new factions before any of the VP gear becomes available to you. One of these reps will be only obtainable by raiding. Killing a raid boss grants VP.

By the time you reach a status with a new reputation that allows you to purchase the new gear, you should've earned enough VP to do so. What's the issue?

Do you not understand the frustration that your customer face in this situation? He (and others) ended up spending hard earned valor points not necessarily because we wanted what we ended up purchasing but because we thought that we were going to lose them otherwise and we didn't want them to go to waste. We would have much rather preferred to continue to save them until we were able to afford the items that we really wanted.

The fact that ignored this point and tried to make it out like we got what we wanted is really just insult to injury.

Ok, but yet again, this was announced like a day after the original post saying you were going to lose it.

You had 2+ weeks. Why dump it all in 1 day?

Furthermore, if you had been paying attention the past couple years, Blizzard had always converted Valor on patches. Therefore you shouldn't have been expecting to be able to keep it and should have been spending it all anyway. There shouldn't have been any drastic change in your use of Valor when the original announcement came down.

Do you really not understand the point and frustration or are you arguing just for the sake of arguing?

I know that the history has always been to convert Valor to Justice Points. This is why many of us quickly spent our valor points on whatever we could, because we didn't want to lose it. Again, had we known that points wouldn't be converted this time around we wouldn't have purchased anything and would have continued to save for the items we really wanted.

Do you really not understand the point and frustration or are you arguing just for the sake of arguing?

I know that the history has always been to convert Valor to Justice Points. This is why many of us quickly spent our valor points on whatever we could, because we didn't want to lose it. Again, had we known that points wouldn't be converted this time around we wouldn't have purchased anything and would have continued to save for the items we really wanted.

Unless you planned on doing nothing until 5.2 the Blues have already said you will be able to cap again before the patch meaning it's at least 3 weeks (from the post date) away.

So nothing was really wasted.
02/16/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Jawaka

I understand it perfectly, but there are 2 possible options here:

1) People were saving their points for a particular piece, and bought it earlier than they planned to.

2) People were sitting on their cap 'just in case', and blew it on upgrades/gear since they wouldn't have it later.

In neither situation is a VP restore deserved since in both cases the VP was effectively going to waste anyway due to the hard cap limit of 3k.
Thanks so much! I was -really- not looking forward to grinding that shizz up all over again.
Good deal, now stop all the cross realm nonsense and we'll get along fine, Blizzard.

Hah, yeah, would be nice. Taking an alt through Outland and it gets old waiting for regular mobs to respawn because seven other people are all trying to kill the same things. At least they should reduce the number of realms that are "crossed" at any one time.
we wouldn't have purchased anything and would have continued to save for the items we really wanted.

He missed the part about needing rep and how you'd earn more VP while you grind it out. Unless the current VP gear is still an upgrade for you, then you have bigger problems than expected at the time of the post.

Typo: Thought you were a she from the way you were complaining. Honest mistake.
02/16/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Zugzug
Good deal, now stop all the cross realm nonsense and we'll get along fine, Blizzard.

Hah, yeah, would be nice. Taking an alt through Outland and it gets old waiting for regular mobs to respawn because seven other people are all trying to kill the same things. At least they should reduce the number of realms that are "crossed" at any one time.

Think that's bad, try Jintha alor over in the hinterlands. You literally can not kill all the trolls needed for the kill quests since people are funneled through the area they spawn in order to get to the higher levels.

On a side note, we can't even guild up with cross realm people, so they are kind of like questing ghosts with limited interactive capabilities.
^ Nice achiev points. (:

"12,345" at time of post.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Perhaps folks who only ever play one toon wouldn't have minded the conversion of Valor to Justice, but I am in full agreement with how Zarhym put it: it just felt mean.
I play lots of toons because I like the variety you get in playing different classes. I also do crafting on them so getting rep up on any one means other toons get less time played and less Valor and/or Justice points earned which means they don't get geared very quickly. It's fun to be able to get into raids & heroics on a variety of classes, but if your gear is stuck at a lower iLVL the fun factor drops considerably - sure, you can go and get carried by other people with much higher gearing but that really isn't as much fun as it might seem despite what some folks might think.
So once again let me say THANK YOU!!
02/12/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
It's certainly a relief. It removes the feeling of obligation to decide which pieces to upgrade before 5.2 when they'd likely end up getting replaced in the first couple weeks of raiding.

I feel ya on this one. /brofist

The removal of the upgrader dude does seem a bit frustrating, but my HOPE is that getting higher level items after 5.2 hits will not matter due to ability to earn or win higher iLevel items with the new factions. I have a few 90s but the best I've been able to do so far is get a few geared enough for the 460 LFRs. 480 seems far away right now, but past experience with patches has generally shown that good things come, despite the bemoaning of upcoming changes. I shall remain hopeful
Well at least that's a step in the right direction! Although it would have been nice to see at least some of the current season conquest point achievement go towards the 27,000 conquest points needed for the Elite Armor but I can understand why it has to be like that. It has to be fair to everyone and after all, getting new players "hooked" on this game is what it's all about in a business model. (I would hope you have that in your corporate business model by now since you know this is World of Warcrack!!) Better this than drugs or crime I always say!

Since the PVP is direct association with other players and nothing more, I agree with your plan. However, for the PVE area of it, you could give us players that have been working away towards valor as well as the other areas a little bonus for being "Good Customers/Players" in PVE by upping the amount of valor after hitting a certain total for the previous season of play! I would suggest increasing the valor received by doing quests and raids by 1.5 times current and rounded up or down to the next point. So 5 valor would now be either 8 rounded up or 7 rounded down. Not a big change in the overall strategy but something that the new players would have to shoot for so they too can get this bonus in the next season!

Being that you are not using it against another live player in PVP, it's perfectly fair! Unless of course one of the bosses or quest givers has a temper tantrum cause we got a bonus for kicking his/her butt and or completing the quest(s)! Reward the players and give the new ones something to reach for while keeping giving them incentive to continue playing into the next season and beyond!

Other than that, great job and the graphics of Mists is quite nice! Ever think of turning some of them into wallpaper for kids rooms!?!? Bet it's a profit center!
thank you so much blizzard! it is so nice that you listened to your fan base. truly appreciated!

/bow
That makes this patch sounds sooo much better glad I read it
This is awesome.

Now if we can get the monk lv30 talents back up to where they were, where they were actually somewhat worth using, then we'll be doin alright lol. (if the problem was chi wave healing "too much" for one use, despite it's FIFTEEN second cooldown, then it should have just been put back down to 8 second cooldown and the old ptr heal amount cut in half so it's more on par with the current 5.1 chi wave which no one complained about.)

But pretty silly to go nerfing the whole lv30 talent line into oblivion just b/c ppl complained about chi wave healing alot on one use.