5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 30 Next
02/12/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Necrodius
So you do me like this, the day AFTER I spent 750 valor on my lock and priest so it won't be wasted just in case the patch was soon? You OWE me my valor back. When do I get it refunded?

I'm not sure what you're owed. You knew what you were spending points on and got what you paid for.

This is why we so often repeat with every patch that things are subject to change during development and testing.
Thank you!
The fact that you can get 3000 valor before the patch does NOT mean that the patch can't be in late February. Look at a calendar. The patch doesn't necessarily need to be on a Tuesday, does it? I'm not sure, but I think there have been patches in the middle of the week before.
Very pleased with this Blizzard. Thank you.
My question is what the heck do I do with all the justice points I have? I don't need anymore heirloom stuff and nothing is worth purchasing for my main. Could you guys give us something decent to buy with them?
HUZZAH!
Excellent News!!! I have always understood the need for valor resets but I very much agree that they aren't really needed this time around, so happy to see you guys thinking the same!
02/12/2013 08:25 PMPosted by Zarhym
So you do me like this, the day AFTER I spent 750 valor on my lock and priest so it won't be wasted just in case the patch was soon? You OWE me my valor back. When do I get it refunded?

I'm not sure what you're owed. You knew what you were spending points on and got what you paid for.

This is why we so often repeat with every patch that things are subject to change during development and testing.

Wow, more like he got OWned.

And thanks Blizzard (ノ゚ο゚)ノミ★゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜
et bien merci blizzard
thanks blizz, good job.
02/12/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Whathump
It's certainly a relief. It removes the feeling of obligation to decide which pieces to upgrade before 5.2 when they'd likely end up getting replaced in the first couple weeks of raiding.

I feel ya on this one. /brofist
02/12/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Nothreat
If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

um while I think this is a fantastic idea if patch drops on the 26th that only gives time to collect 2k valor if you are at zero

Key words: "if the patch drops on the 26th". They never said it would.
02/12/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Aurroc
The fact that you can get 3000 valor before the patch does NOT mean that the patch can't be in late February. Look at a calendar. The patch doesn't necessarily need to be on a Tuesday, does it? I'm not sure, but I think there have been patches in the middle of the week before.

It's virtually never happened before, and certainly never for major content patches.
02/12/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Nairr
My question is what the heck do I do with all the justice points I have? I don't need anymore heirloom stuff and nothing is worth purchasing for my main. Could you guys give us something decent to buy with them?

I've just been converting it to Honor and trading that for Motes of Harmony. Not perfect, but it's something.
So after multiple tweets from different cm's, all hinting at Feb.26th, and even posting images saying "TWO WEEKS", you don't announce a 2 week notice, and Daxxarri still hasn't posted his pvp blog. Meaning the patch must be at least 3 weeks away, but you won't even confirm that. I am so confused. It's nice that you guys keep the pve'rs constantly updated with news, but us pvpers would also enjoy it ^_^.
02/12/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Tarski

It's virtually never happened before, and certainly never for major content patches.

Ah. I wasn't sure.
Noooo!!!!! I want my gold!
02/12/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Beso
omg get rid of the weekly cap PLEASE!!! this is ridiculous...

If they increased, then the more hardcore players would shoot out the starting gate and get way ahead of the rest of the people.

Having the cap where it is makes it just low enough for those of us that tend to cap every week and just high enough for casuals.

Yeah, and once those hardcore players get ahead, LFR gets deleted, valour gear gets removed and...

Oh wait, no, that doesn't happen, everything is still available to you. Those hardcore are already miles ahead of you, doing content you'll likely never do. You choose to barely play the game, and everyone else shouldn't be punished with caps just to keep poor little you even with the rest of us.

There are people who probably log in for 30 minutes a week, should we all have a 50 valour weekly cap so everyone is held down to their level too?
Fantastic decision. Thank you for listening to all the feedback on this.
Yeah, they hinted at Feb. 26th. But they never said it was definitely going to be on the 26th. Maybe in order to facilitate this change to Valor, and allow people to cap out at 3000 before the patch, they had to push it back a week.