5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 30 Next
of this i approve
COOL!
02/12/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Abides
Heh, this does little to counter the fact that no guilds on my server have even cleared Terrace reg yet. I'd xfer if my RL friends weren't here.

Except you're wrong.
That would be really sad if it were true. But it's not. Granted it's very few people but your server's firsts have been done. Looking at GuildOx you also have a couple solid contenders for clearing HMs before the patch.
Woot!
Thanks, Great, Thank you. Now can you do something abou the cross realms like put it back like they were before you F that up.
Thank you. Its good that you guys took casual players into consideration before hitting them with the screw-you bat. After raiding for 6 years, I'm burnt out on the M-Th 4 hour raids ... especially with them all being work-nights. I went casual and have actually been able to have more fun. Now I would love to see a point behind Justice Points, as the gear you can purchase with it is worse than heroic dungeon gear.
I just farmed and spent 1500 valor on upgrading my shoulder slot x_x

Oh well. It's only a 5 ilevel upgrade anyway.
Heh, this does little to counter the fact that no guilds on my server have even cleared Terrace reg yet. I'd xfer if my RL friends weren't here.

Except you're wrong.
That would be really sad if it were true. But it's not. Granted it's very few people but your server's firsts have been done. Looking at GuildOx you also have a couple solid contenders for clearing HMs before the patch.

You're right, I hadn't looked at it recently. There are four guilds on heroic modes. (As of last lockout, top guild being 7/16 H)

That, to me, is still pathetic.

My guild is top ten, with 9/16 reg. Maybe it is just the curse of lower pop realms. It just feels weird to be going from heroic firelands attempts and heroic DS to spine to barely clearing half a raid tier before the next one is out. Maybe we got worse (I doubt it) or maybe it's just the beginning-of-xpac-blues. Idk. It's not fun, though. Getting hard to motivate people.
Oh hey, Blizzard had some sense slapped into them. Not sure why they ever considered the valor->justice conversion in the first place when no existing gear is being converted to a justice cost, and justice is basically useless if you're not buying heirlooms.
aaww i wanted meh gold :(
This is frustrating. While I'm incredibly happy that this change is taking place, I'm frustrated that it happened after I upgraded my gear with VP. I'm not going to scream "ZOMG BLIZZ U SUCK," because I don't feel that way and it's completely unhelpful, but this is a little bit frustrating. We were told that something would happen, I acted accordingly, and now I'm being... I don't want to say punished, because that's not accurate, but my thoughts are in that direction.

I dunno, maybe I'm overreacting, but... yeah.
I personally don't care because I have lots of valor, but what do you say to people that spent their valor anticipating the other changes? That's a raw deal.
02/12/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Abides

Except you're wrong.

You're right, I hadn't looked at it recently. There are four guilds on heroic modes. (As of last lockout, top guild being 7/16 H)

That, to me, is still pathetic.

My guild is top ten, with 9/16 reg. Maybe it is just the curse of lower pop realms. It just feels weird to be going from heroic firelands attempts and heroic DS to spine to barely clearing half a raid tier before the next one is out. Maybe we got worse (I doubt it) or maybe it's just the beginning-of-xpac-blues. Idk. It's not fun, though. Getting hard to motivate people.

Both of those raids (Firelands and DS) got heavy nerfs months before the tier was over...

If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

So as of the time you posted this tonight I had already this week earned 85 valor to finish up an item upgrade and spent it. It seems like you meant to imply we have 3 resets including this week, but to be mathematically certain it does have to be 4 weeks; Can you provide any clarity?
02/12/2013 09:15 PMPosted by Dysheki
I personally don't care because I have lots of valor, but what do you say to people that spent their valor anticipating the other changes? That's a raw deal.

They have 3 weeks to recap

If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

So as of the time you posted this tonight I had already this week earned 85 valor to finish up an item upgrade and spent it. It seems like you meant to imply we have 3 resets including this week, but to be mathematically certain it does have to be 4 weeks; Can you provide any clarity?

If you farmed up 85 valor you can still earn 915 this week...not sure where the confusion is...

I think the bigger question is, are the 522 VP necks going to be moving to Friendly from Neutral rep req?
Thanks Blizzard
I would really like to add ...

With the reduction of VP required to purchase old gear, I will actually be able to spend more time playing my alts and gearing them to enter T14 LFR and raids instead of spending all my time on my main character just to keep up with current progression (I don't raid regularly anymore). I would love to play the character I want to play when I want to play it, so now I'll be able to work on the reps to unlock the items and spend half the time getting gear on my alts, which was hard enough trying to keep up with. The MOP system has discouraged many casual and semi-hardcore players from gearing up multiple characters and specs, but the change will allow those with a limited schedule and multiple alts to continue as they did in Wrath and Cata. I think this will strengthen the available raider pool that I've seen many guilds complain about being diminished.
Barely changes anything, honestly. But meh, some people can jump start next patch if they need it.
Well... hell. I've completely blown off collecting any sort of valor since I learned of the conversion.

Probably doesn't matter anyway, I guess. I only made 300-500 valor a week anyway.