Feral T14 4 piece

Druid
Exactly how good(or bad) is the 4 piece for feral druids? All I ever hear is its either good if it increases the damage rip does or bad if it doesn't give extra damage in those extra 4 seconds but I never hear which one it does. So which is it? Good or bad?
The bonus is good. It adds 2 ticks (4 seconds) to your Rip. It is free damage with no extra cost. It also has the added benefit of giving you more time to build combo points due to the extra time.
It gives you some more wiggle room in your rotation, meaning that you can generate more combo points to have more FB's over the course of the fight.
But is it worth it to use 4pc 483 if I got a 504 chest and 489 shoulders/legs?
The tier legs are really badly itemized. If you do have the shoulders and chest they would likely be an improvment. You would have to sim your gear with both options to be sure. However what the Sim won't show you is that the bonus helps relax how tight our rotation can be at times by giving an extra 4 seconds of Rip. If you have the gear try it both ways on a dummy.
02/13/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Ayleena
But is it worth it to use 4pc 483 if I got a 504 chest and 489 shoulders/legs?

Lord no.

General rule for gearing as feral.

If it has more agility, use it.

Bottom line is you just loss too much agility going from a 504 piece to a 483 piece
General rule for gearing as feral.
If it has more agility, use it.

This is only a good general rule when looking at 1 piece. When speaking about a 4p set bonus it's a different animal. In their case it would likely be a break even or a gain just by the easing of the rotation. However it would likely take SimC to tell for sure. Don't be tricked by "High Agility beats all".

You yourself are using a god aweful trinket. Even the 463 trinkets out of 5 mans are better then the Shado Pan one. You would be much better off using the DO rep trinket.
You yourself are using a god aweful trinket. Even the 463 trinkets out of 5 mans are better then the Shado Pan one. You would be much better off using the DO rep trinket.

It is terrible, but outside of my tanking trinkets its all I have as far as dps goes as I pass most of the agility trinkets to monk/hunter/rogue in guild
It's a flimsy excuse from someone who is exalted with the Dominence Offensive. They have a much better trinket, but you arn't using it. I hope you arn't saving your valor points for upgrades, cause 8 ilvls is nothing compared to getting rid of the aweful haste proc for something useful.