This tweet might interest you....

Paladin
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/ghostcrawler">ghostcrawler</a> You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid</p>&mdash; Michael Sheridan (@JustAddEffort) <a href="https://twitter.com/JustAddEffort/status/300479092883595265">February 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So simply put...if you want some buffs of substance you're population must drop. If you have a high class spec population then the develops put you in the 'Fine as is' box.

Unfortunately he doesn't understand lore has a lot to do with why people play Ret. Sigh...

I'm still hopeful for 5.2. We'll see how it plays out with the small healing and dmg buffs. Still lacking a real selling point for ret to RBGs. If they made insight a better anti group burst mechanic with battle healer...that would be a whole different story.
He has a point, I think paladins are the most played class in the game; so much played that one of our specs outnumbers an entire class (more rets than rogues), that any drastic level buffs would raise the paladin levels even higher

Which wouldnt be too healthy for the game if too many people play one class i suppose.

So simply put...if you want some buffs of substance you're population must drop. If you have a high class spec population then the develops put you in the 'Fine as is' box.

sounds about right.... doesn't matter WHY every one's on ret... what they see is that they are... and well as long as 1 of the 3 paly spec's has more population then an entire class... better get used to the "fine as is box" we are not leaving it soon...
How do you make people play classes who don't wear plate or don't do much exciting (healers, not saying that healers aren't skillful or entertaining in their own right)...

Everyone see's a plate heal casting 2H sword welding behemoth in the paladin class. Not to mention the lore.

I think the DK was the attempt to curb the Ret population....well it worked a bit. Still who really wants to wear a robe? Not I.
Pretty sure GC himself said representation doesn't mean a spec is doing well, fairly recently.
Thanks Obama!!
How do you make people play classes who don't wear plate or don't do much exciting (healers, not saying that healers aren't skillful or entertaining in their own right)...

Everyone see's a plate heal casting 2H sword welding behemoth in the paladin class. Not to mention the lore.

I think the DK was the attempt to curb the Ret population....well it worked a bit. Still who really wants to wear a robe? Not I.

Yea, its an appealing class, so a lot of people play it

So its hard to tweak an already popular class, because they dont want to have it become a FOTM, and have even more people play it.

But they dont want to gut it to get people to reroll, because its not fair to those that have stuck with it since day 1

Paladin has always been a popular roleplaying archtype.
But they dont want to gut it......

just after reading the 5.2 notes that's what it sounds like to me...
02/13/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Andryana
But they dont want to gut it......

just after reading the 5.2 notes that's what it sounds like to me...

Overdramatization.

Though apparently we're 'gutted' every patch in every expansion.

You'd know if we were actually gutted or ignored, like rogues now or warlocks last expansion.

The only time ret was game breakingly terrible to play and 'gutted' was Vanilla and most of BC, when Tom "I hate paladins from EQ" Chilton was in charge.
02/13/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Invincible
Go read the ptr forums, everyone seems to think our FoL buff is the apocalypse.

I know I've been reading it, its pretty funny

Fatigue is still off on the PTR correct?

Rogues are fine as is. Good rogues can still global you

Its not so much a viability thing as a fun factor, rogues are incredibly static. Out of all of the classes from vanilla, they're the ones that have changed the least.

I know a lot of ones in my guild are frustrated on how boring the class is.
02/13/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Invincible
Go read the ptr forums, everyone seems to think our FoL buff is the apocalypse.

The Apocalypse? Please explain... the PTR forum is a cesspool am not touching with a 10ft pole.
02/13/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Aglaea
Thanks Obama!!

I'll take that as a compliment! Sorry Republicans.
02/13/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Cayse
Pretty sure GC himself said representation doesn't mean a spec is doing well, fairly recently.

He has a habit of contradicting himself. Honestly, his twitter habit is getting him in more hot water then not. They use to be so careful about what they say.

He has some knee jerk responses to haters on there. Too bad he can't ban them for posting on his twitter! =p.

Read the tweet. He keeps going...but but...the Ret pop is so high...don't need buffs! (i.e. buffs are for low pop classes). I guess that doesn't explain enh shamans then...oh wait THEY ARE GETTING BUFFED 5.2

lol my bad.
02/13/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
So its hard to tweak an already popular class, because they dont want to have it become a FOTM, and have even more people play it.

You mean like Wars, Mages and Warlocks and SPriests...?
Sounds like 5.1 FOTM to me.

They still startle with me with saying one thing for one class and the complete opposite for another. Left hand meet right hand...right hand meet left hand.

You mean like Wars, Mages and Warlocks and SPriests...?
Sounds like 5.1 FOTM to me.

They still startle with me with saying one thing for one class and the complete opposite for another. Left hand meet right hand...right hand meet left hand.

Well warlocks are still fairly low pop, unsure about the other three, though its interesting you bring those three up (War/Priest/Mage) as they're the 'Holy Trinity' of fantasy rpgs.

Think from what I know, Paladins and Hunters are the most played class.
02/13/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Invincible
Everyone assumes that ret can pump out those 1 in a million selfless healer crits every gcd if we want to, replacing dedicated healers and ruining pvp. Couple that with the fact that there is no battle fatigue on the ptr and SH is critting for like 300k.

Lol are you serious??? let me laugh harder..... if that = the Apocalypse i want my money back.