Curse of Elements

Warlock
When doing LFR with other Locks in the group.. I notice that my Curse of Elements gets taken off the target. Assuming it happens when the other lock casts theres. Anyone else noticed this?
I often re cast it ... only to see it dissapear again well before its due to expire. Sometimes within 5 seconds of casting it.

With me not having my CoE on target.. does it effect My DPS... and why does this happen?
As long as the debuff is present, you will do the same damage whether it is your cures or another locks curse (or even another classes equivalent).
It amazes me how many times a dumb warlock will recast CoE everytime I purposefully overwright it with my CoE.God forbid someone use Curse of Enfeeblment instead right?

You do realize that by purposefully overwriting their CoE, you are that dumb warlock recasting CoE?

I mean...
02/15/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Floaty
It amazes me how many times a dumb warlock will recast CoE everytime I purposefully overwright it with my CoE.God forbid someone use Curse of Enfeeblment instead right?

You do realize that by purposefully overwriting their CoE, you are that dumb warlock recasting CoE?

I mean...

I was thinking this as I read his post. The irony is incredible.
02/15/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Floaty

I mean...

You cant come up with better irony.
I just assume the other Lock is going to cast Curse of Elements and go with the other one
No one here actually explains what happens to the OP.

Debuffs like CoE that modify the way a target takes or deals damage doesn't stack on a target. Therefore a Target, such as a raid boss, can only have one CoE effecting them at a time.
If you have 2 warlocks in a raid. One warlock will instinctively cast CoE, applying the effect, and then the other lock will also instinctively cast CoE.
the second CoE ends up removing the first, and this is why your CoE disappears from the target. If you turn on the UI option that lets you see other peoples debuffs on your target, you'll notice CoE, and only 1 CoE, will always be up.
The good thing is, all of this doesn't matter, since the effects of CoE and similar debuffs benefit the entire raid, so you can freely allow another warlock to refresh CoE and not miss out on your 5% dmg bonus
I was going to point out what Morager said...My first throught while reading OP was that he should turn on the option to see debuffs cast by other players, and he'll see that the curse is on there already (unless it's an Enfeeble curse battle as described above, of course).
02/16/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Crocelle
You three fail because I said I was doing it on purpose. So yeah you can come up with better irony than non-existent irony. I do it as a mini experiment to see who's paying attention and who's just mindlessly facerolling.

I recast Curse of the Elements, not because I'm foolish, but to prove how foolish other players are!

You truly don't understand how stupid you are making yourself sound lol...

But from looking at your lock's armory, you aren't much but an LFR/Random BG hero. Keep up the stupid.
Just go into your settings and set it to where you see dots from all players and not just your own. If you're only seeing your own dots, curses etc and suddenly your CoE is gone you'll wonder what happened. Change your settings and you'll see a little CoE icon meaning someone else cast it, so you're good and can use curse of enfeeblement.
Cheers for the help/info Guys.. Much appreciated. Ill be turning on that option in the UI.