Upcoming Unholy Changes and possibilities

Death Knight
I know with the new patch Unholy will do better than what we have in the past. I personally like the advantages of having diseases refresh with multiple abilities. I'd like to see the Devs do more with Unholy though, I'd also like them to bring the heroic feel back to all 3 specs.
I know there has been a lot of things changing with Warlocks. It would definitely be cool to have some of that feel with unholy as well. Such as some kind of self corrupted changes like the pet has on the dk. With unholy we all know it's a class that relies on diseases and pets. But something feels a bit off from other classes that use pets.
I am hoping as well that rune forging would be updated. I understand that you want us to still Death gate back to our beloved home, I haven't had to do that since I got the weapons I needed so it's not like I have to go there till I get a new weapon, which will happen in 5.2 but then once you get what you need back to not going there unless you have some achievement that you can death gate for.
As for tier choices, as much as blood tap is the best choice, I think runic corruption should be a little better, maybe its because after all these years of being unholy and having that as a resource builder, it just feels wrong to use blood tap. Of course, the purpose was to give people choices on how to get their resources, but when you look at the other specs, they are still with their resource builder.
Maybe have a runeforge that works like the monk ability of stealing weapons, but temporarily steals the soul of who it is attacking, and when it steals that soul you gain whatever resource is higher, just an idea.
I think their are some things that does work for Unholy, or at least have a foundation to build upon. I really am hoping with 5.2 burst will be better, Timmy will do more damage, and diseases will do more with abilities re-applying diseases. Likes I said before, just would feel better as a spec if their was some abilities, changes or customization that would show the world why unholy is the master of ghouls and diseases.
Woah wall of text! I too really hope unholy is good, but here are some facts. Unholy has more strength than any given frost build, 15% more infact. Ghouls benifit from strength more than a frost ghoul would then. Tier 2p bonus is a ghoul. 2p unholy > 2p frost (dw/2h). 45% soul reap is quite good. Thats almost HALF the duration of the boss fight where soul reap will be hitting like an absolute executive. Gary scales with mastery, there is unholy burst fixed (fingers crossed). Plague strike now works with reaping and applies both diseases, THANK YOU BLIZZ!

Its all in due time. Unholy is king DK spec again, provided the player in question commits to mastering it as most will find it much more difficult to master and capitalize on certain abilities given select circumstances, but I'm speaking from a pure pve point when I hope they make it more powerful than it is going to be. The QoL changes are the first steps to something great, imho. If they gave us 20% strength from unholy might, i think it would be on par with DW frost and the problem would be solved as with the plague strike changes, our target swapping abilities are now on par with frosts. I actually respecced unholy earlier this morning to start getting used to it again for 5.2 :)
Woah wall of text! I too really hope unholy is good, but here are some facts. Unholy has more strength than any given frost build, 15% more infact. Ghouls benifit from strength more than a frost ghoul would then. Tier 2p bonus is a ghoul. 2p unholy > 2p frost (dw/2h). 45% soul reap is quite good. Thats almost HALF the duration of the boss fight where soul reap will be hitting like an absolute executive. Gary scales with mastery, there is unholy burst fixed (fingers crossed). Plague strike now works with reaping and applies both diseases, THANK YOU BLIZZ!

Its all in due time. Unholy is king DK spec again, provided the player in question commits to mastering it as most will find it much more difficult to master and capitalize on certain abilities given select circumstances, but I'm speaking from a pure pve point when I hope they make it more powerful than it is going to be. The QoL changes are the first steps to something great, imho. If they gave us 20% strength from unholy might, i think it would be on par with DW frost and the problem would be solved as with the plague strike changes, our target swapping abilities are now on par with frosts. I actually respecced unholy earlier this morning to start getting used to it again for 5.2 :)

Sure it's good on paper, but there is something you overlooked. The boss fights al benefit Frost mechnics in the form of cleaving or AOE burst... both are things unholy does not have.
So sure Unholy damage is simming higher than Frost's for the upcoming patch, but I've no doubt in my mind Frost will still be 'king spec'.

Sure it's good on paper, but there is something you overlooked. The boss fights al benefit Frost mechnics in the form of cleaving or AOE burst... both are things unholy does not have.
So sure Unholy damage is simming higher than Frost's for the upcoming patch, but I've no doubt in my mind Frost will still be 'king spec'.

Yea, that is true Kass. We may not have BURST aoe, but our sustained aoe is far from horrible, and our target swapping abilities will actually be better than frosts in 5.2, so we can't really bash on it too hard as of yet.
Frost is meant to be the burst spec, while Unholy was created and is geared around making everyone bleed to death.

I have tried Frost in the past and I just never gotten into the mechanics to awful much so I swapped to Unholy. The changes in 5.2 will make it easier for us to refresh our diseases as well as give our Gargoyle ability some more muscle power as well since it will deal shadow damage along with nature damage.

In my experience, I usually do better in dungeons against Frost players of similar gear quality, in LFR, it is usually a tie depending on the fight mechanics. Even against DW Frost users I usually do well, sometimes they do more, sometimes I do more. Couple key exceptions are when I am playing along with my guildies, but they are totting heroic raiding gear so I am expected to lose out in the DPS race.