PVP guilds are going broke repairing!

General Discussion
02/14/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Ambermist
The thing is, people are offering up valid suggestions for you guys... you're the ones shooting them all down.

They are valid suggestions but only valid from their perspective.

What's wrong with offering PvP players better methods of obtaining gold?

The problem I'm seeing here is that it looks like a lot of bitter PvE players are here telling PvP players no simply because they are PvP players.

"Go raid, this is a game for raiding"... No, it's a game to be played however we want within the rules of the game. PvP has been a big focus for Warcraft in general for a long time, the game was designed with PvP in mind, how does that make it strictly a PvE game?
fair enough. I dont mean to give the impression not to farm gold for yourself.

My focus is on the guild and its repair funds.

No sorry, that's a perspective you have.

To me this is a pvp game with a pve side game.

See what happened there buttercup?

It seems you hate facts, must be a republican.

Seems you cant accept something you don't agree with. Must be a liberal.
jk. Im not a republican and I dont mean to insult my liberal buddies just for you.

No sorry, that's a perspective you have.

To me this is a pvp game with a pve side game.

See what happened there buttercup?

It seems you hate facts, must be a republican.

Just because PvE is your sole focus doesn't mean it's everyone else's. This isn't a "PvE-based" game. It's a multi-faceted game which targets a wide range of audience from the solitary player, to the social player, to the raider, to the PvPer, to the Role-player, to the Auction House miser, to the quester, the mount and pet collector, the achievement hunter and so on and so forth. This game does not only cater to you no matter how much you would like to think it does or how much you keep repeating it as a mantra. Different players have different preferences and this game fits all.
"Go raid, this is a game for raiding"... No, it's a game to be played however we want within the rules of the game. PvP has been a big focus for Warcraft in general for a long time, the game was designed with PvP in mind, how does that make it strictly a PvE game?

And you're right there. But, the ways to make gold are there. That's the problem.

02/14/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Ravon
My focus is on the guild and its repair funds.

Can you think of any achievements or guild challenges that could be used to gather gold? Post a new thread (since this one seems to have derailed a bit!) outlining the ways you think PvP could be used to create revenue for the guild bank. Hopefully, a Dev will see it, and be able to do something with it.
02/14/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Nugglesworth

I heard professions exist... and aren't just for PVE players.

No, they aren't... They also aren't for me.

How can you claim to be in a hardcore PvP guild if you're not speccing Engineering + BS?

Sockets and springs, man.
02/14/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Ambermist
Post a new thread (since this one seems to have derailed a bit!)

We are still on topic and I wouldn't advise him to create a new thread since this one will suffice and a similar thread may just be considered spam or may be locked or deleted.

I think the OP is onto something. PvPers don't receive as much incentives or rewards or gold as PvE-ers do. Perhaps this could be something Blizzard looks into to even out the scales a little and keep everyone happy.

And you're right there. But, the ways to make gold are there. That's the problem.

There are ways to make gold, PvE...

You would think PvE players would be all for taking PvP players even more so out of "their game"...

For some reason, PvE players just can't stand the fact that we don't enjoy the same things as them and we're a cancer on "their game".

I'm not saying that's how they all are but I see more hate from PvE focused players than anything else when it comes to "casuals" or "PvP" or basically anything that doesn't conform to their way of thinking.
Seems like a valid request to me. The repair costs are supposed to be more like a tax and taxes shouldn't make you broke.

PvE players collect gold from doing their regular activities - e.g. heroics etc grant gold upon completion that can be used to repair yourself.

PvPers should expect some kind of compensation to cover the tax.
Please please give guilds a way to make guild bank (gold) achievements from pvp. For instance when a group of 4-5 guild members complete a battleground it could be worth X gold to the guild bank.

We had a small guild that's been growing quickly with success. As such we need to refine our ways of allocating gold for repairs but there's no way to keep up with the costs of armor on as many people as we have today without going and killing dragons! Is that what we get for attracting more people by being awesome at pvp?

Our sole focus is pvp..
Look, save a dragon, punt a gnome.

Thank you for your consideration.
I thought you didn't have to repair when you died form pvp.
Can you think of any achievements or guild challenges that could be used to gather gold? Post a new thread (since this one seems to have derailed a bit!) outlining the ways you think PvP could be used to create revenue for the guild bank. Hopefully, a Dev will see it, and be able to do something with it.

That's a good suggestion, thank you Ill have to think about that one.
Post a new thread (since this one seems to have derailed a bit!)

We are still on topic and I wouldn't advise him to create a new thread since this one will suffice and a similar thread may just be considered spam or may be locked or deleted.

I think the OP is onto something. PvPers don't receive as much incentives or rewards or gold as PvE-ers do. Perhaps this could be something Blizzard looks into to even out the scales a little and keep everyone happy.

Hence the suggestion to try and think of some ways PvP guild challenges could contribute to the guild bank :)

Its all well and good to say "This needs fixing", but way better to say "This needs fixing, and here are some ideas on how it could be done."
02/14/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Nugglesworth

You would think PvE players would be all for taking PvP players even more so out of "their game"...

For some reason, PvE players just can't stand the fact that we don't enjoy the same things as them and we're a cancer on "their game".

I'm not saying that's how they all are but I see more hate from PvE focused players than anything else when it comes to "casuals" or "PvP" or basically anything that doesn't conform to their way of thinking.

Sorry you waste your 15$ a month on a small portion side game.
If you arent willing to put forth the extra work to what you are given, why should someone HAVE to give you more?

There are plenty of ways to make gold in this game that you CHOOSE to not do, why the hell do you think you DESERVE anything?

In this thread, and entitled 15 year old doesn't know that in life you have to work for things.

Im sorry but you seem to think we are just wasting time PVPing?

We work damn hard trying to be very good at what we do and id thank you to remember that.
If you arent willing to put forth the extra work to what you are given, why should someone HAVE to give you more?

There are plenty of ways to make gold in this game that you CHOOSE to not do, why the hell do you think you DESERVE anything?

In this thread, and entitled 15 year old doesn't know that in life you have to work for things.
but this isn't life; it's a game

Sorry you waste your 15$ a month on a small portion side game.

I'm sorry you seem to think I'm wasting my money on something I enjoy.

No, they aren't... They also aren't for me.

How can you claim to be in a hardcore PvP guild if you're not speccing Engineering + BS?

Sockets and springs, man.

I don't play this guy... I don't play any of my characters. Did you even look at my gear? Or did you just see I don't have professions and turn around to talk crap. This guy is wearing stuff from the first season of Cata I think...

Shows how much I've played this game the past few years.
02/14/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Nugglesworth

Just a thought... a bit of a "flip side" to your complaints. How about the people who are terrible at PvP (like me lol) who then need to PvP to complete Holiday achievements? I'll likely never get my violet drake, because I can't bear the thought of putting REAL PvP'ers through having me in their BGs.

It seems, it works both ways, for both groups, does it not?
02/14/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Ambermist

Just a thought... a bit of a "flip side" to your complaints. How about the people who are terrible at PvP (like me lol) who then need to PvP to complete Holiday achievements? I'll likely never get my violet drake, because I can't bear the thought of putting REAL PvP'ers through having me in their BGs.

It seems, it works both ways, for both groups, does it not?

Not really. You don't need to complete the holiday achievements to repair your gear.

They need to complete PvE to repair their PvP gear from PvP.
Dungeons - 7 @ 250g = 1750g
Scenarios - 15 @ 250g = 3750g
Challenge Mode Dungeons - 3 @ 500g = 1500g
Raid - 1 @ 1000g = 1000g
Rated BG - 3 @ 500g = 1500g

If EVERYBODY played the same way as you (i.e. sticking to ONLY their preferred play style and never switching), you make more money PvP'ing than somebody that is only raiding, and raiding takes more money than BG'ing.

And, yet, I don't hear raiders complaining about gold...