solution for ganking

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next

Sounds like the guy did something to tick somebody off and the person is getting their revenge.

Personally it sounds like a contrived and made-up situation to me. I don't think following people from zone to zone works all that well with CRZ, for one. If we are talking 85-90, then CRZ doesn't even play into it - and this situation is absolutely 100% identical to how it was eight years ago.
As much as I absolutely hate the idea of being prevented from playing the game on *certain* PvP servers with CRZ and all...I'm inclined to let the PvPers have this one argument.

However, they are filthy, rotten liars if they say anything other than that they enjoy deliberately preventing people from playing the game when many of them insist on camping people for so long that graveyard rezzes won't even work since they have THOSE camped, too.

They're sociopaths and they're proud of it so if they need to feel good by being worthless scum who probably never feared getting "the belt"/backhanded/etc growing up to learn a little thing called 'human decency', then fine. They'll *eventually* lip someone off in real life who won't take their crap and will lead to them being horribly brutalized, hopefully with some mutilation and/or death involved.

They'll get theirs so let's just quietly move along and tolerate it for a little bit longer....

Besides, 8 years ago? All the guild-dedicated camping, members taking full-fledged SHIFTS to camp people, day in and day out so it didn't matter if you logged in a week later, you'd still be completely buggered? Yeah, nowadays, I would imagine we're in a lot better of a position.

((Edit: Read my next reply (below) for clarity. But don't tell anyone. *puts index finger over closed lips*))

However, they are filthy, rotten liars if they say anything other than that they enjoy deliberately preventing people from playing the game when many of them insist on camping people for so long that graveyard rezzes won't even work since they have THOSE camped, too.

There are a lot of people who refuse to gank but still support its presence you know.
As much as I absolutely hate the idea of being prevented from playing the game on *certain* PvP servers with CRZ and all...I'm inclined to let the PvPers have this one argument.

They're sociopaths and they're proud of it so if they need to feel good by being worthless scum who probably never feared getting "the belt"/backhanded/etc growing up to learn a little thing called 'human decency', then fine. They'll *eventually* lip someone off in real life who won't take their crap and will lead to them being horribly brutalized, hopefully with some mutilation and/or death involved.

They'll get theirs so let's just quietly move along and tolerate it for a little bit longer....

Besides, 8 years ago? All the guild-dedicated camping, members taking full-fledged SHIFTS to camp people, day in and day out so it didn't matter if you logged in a week later, you'd still be completely buggered? Yeah, nowadays, I would imagine we're in a lot better of a position.

Not sure if serious.
02/17/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Skrump
That's a self contradictory statement, PvP servers have never been fair and are clearly described when you select a server as not being intended to be fair and should very very quickly become quite obvious to a new player that they are not fair.

I'm not suggesting to make it impossible for high levels to kill low levels. I'm saying there should be a cost associated with it. Long ago, there were dishonorable kills, which was intended to curb some of this, but it backfired. People were actually competing to get more dishonorable kills. Durability is a reasonable deterrant, since it affects everyone equally.

And yes, new players learn rather quickly how unfair it is. And being new to the game, they just think "well, this sucks". And they quit and move to a different game. Tell me, what is good about driving new players away from the game?

Another player that has no idea what DHK's were given for.

It was NOT for killing low level players.

I PvP.
I'll Gank occasionally when the person needs to die.
But I don't camp.

So your entire argument is thrown out the window
02/17/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Vorastrix

Just stop already, Jeeeesh!

Some of those gankers may very well save your life, or fight and possible die to defend your right to spew vile crap about players. You equate a game and assume those people that kill a baby toon are these vile want to be serial killers and they are all scum bags. Yet you seem to fail to realize that's it's a game and maybe, just freaking maybe, they do it simply cos they can or they are bored. If I was facing gun fire in some backwoods country fighting for your right to be a judgemental person with no nothing except a misguided view on players, I'd prolly gank a few baby toons to blow off steam.

So remember that sometime: Those same people you call worthless, sociopathic nutjobs may one day run into your burning house and save your life, take a bullet for your freedom or all kinds of thing humanity needs to survive.

Sorry, but people that throw terms around like they are skilled PhD's when they are merely angry little people on the inside over a death or two in a game bug the heck out of me. You people are worse than a so called sociopath as you people seem to be the ones that get bent out of shape over a video game, or roll on a PvP server and expect Blizzard to change them to suit your needs. Who exactly is the controlling sociopath here?
[quote="79222807668"]

I'm not suggesting to make it impossible for high levels to kill low levels. I'm saying there should be a cost associated with it. Long ago, there were dishonorable kills, which was intended to curb some of this, but it backfired. People were actually competing to get more dishonorable kills. Durability is a reasonable deterrant, since it affects everyone equally.

And yes, new players learn rather quickly how unfair it is. And being new to the game, they just think "well, this sucks". And they quit and move to a different game. Tell me, what is good about driving new players away from the game?

DK's were only implemented for NPCs. You could gank anyone else to your heart's content. That solution doesn't apply to the problem the OP is facing.

The better solution might be to have an FAQ pop up when you try to roll on a PvP server.
How is Snowfox an MVP?
Just wondering I've notice she/he has a attitude problem with players that give an opinion that doesn't aline with her reasoning or frame of thought.
MoP has made PVE servers so incredibly popular. I bet blizzard is laughing in all the cash that's falling from the sky with the server changes.

Makes my server more active. I'll give pvp servers about 5 months before the only pvp'ers on there are the gankers themselves. It'll be like a Battle Ground server with no community or economy.

this is not about da post but just wondering. winnipeg, are you a twink and if soo are you in a twink guild. because my twink guild which is pretty popular wants more pvpbg action and the horde isnt doing much.

How does wanting more BG action relate to being on a PvP realm? I can queue for BGs from my RP-PvE realm since BG queues are set up by data center battlegroups, not your realm alone. If you're not getting enough action, i'ts because not enough players in your linked battlegroups are interested in twinking. Changing the rules for PvP servers doesn't do anything for your problem.

02/17/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Winnipeg
I'll give pvp servers about 5 months before the only pvp'ers on there are the gankers themselves. It'll be like a Battle Ground server with no community or economy.

Not true.

I have friends who intentionally roll the minority faction on unbalanced servers to get the gankers to come after them. They like the challenge. There aren't a lot of players like them out there, but there are some. The difference is they are confident in their PvP skill so don't need numbers or a level advantage on their side. Gankers will always need the odds in their favor.
How is Snowfox an MVP?
Just wondering I've notice she/he has a attitude problem with players that give an opinion that doesn't aline with her reasoning or frame of thought.

Err no, it's because this one is personal.

I'm on a pvp realm and don't wish to have it gutted and nerfed because of whiny carebears who rolled on the wrong realm type.

Yes I realize that may come across as harsh. It is also true.
How is Snowfox an MVP?

Snowfox is pretty direct and doesn't sugarcoat stuff. I've noticed that people don't have a problem when he uses that approach while agreeing with them, then get upset when he does the same thing while disagreeing. There have been a few times I personally feel he's gone overboard but to be honest - these forums need someone like Snowfox active and involved. And that's probably why Snowfox continues to be a MVP.
02/17/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Shocklicious

Don't confuse opinion and the constant personal attacks and the daily attempts to beat anything they say to a bloodly pulp because of the dreaded green text.

Oh and the people that seem to put them on a pedestal meaning they are not allowed, in the eyes of some people, to have differing opinions, feelings or allowed to stand up for what they think or believe.
Not sure if serious.

(Shhh...the third paragraph is only there to appease the ones out for blood. *muffledshhhhuuutuuuupmuffled*)
There should be no balancing of levels etc for World PvP. World PvP is meant to be harsh and unfair.
A bounty system though would be cool. Put billboards in the capital cities and allow people to post a bounty on them for a fee. The person can place as big a bounty as his/her wallet will allow. Bounty hunters could stop by the billboards check the list and pick a target. As posted earlier, they show up on map so you can track them. if you kill them they drop an ear like the old Diablo game did. Turn the ear in and the gold is transferred to killers account and ear is sent to the poster with a tag stating the names of the previous owner and the person that collected the bounty.

Downside to all this, at least for the people already complaining about World PvP is that ganking would increase tremendously as people started ganking low levels with extreme prejudice, just to get a price on their head. lol
I would advise everyone to start purchasing beer, fireworks etc to celebrate the death of PVP realms that is inevitable. No date on the celebration yet but it appears to be sooner than later!
Err no, it's because this one is personal.

I'm on a pvp realm and don't wish to have it gutted and nerfed because of whiny carebears who rolled on the wrong realm type.

Yes I realize that may come across as harsh. It is also true.

Her words are like bombs! LIKE POPPY BROS!
There should be no balancing of levels etc for World PvP. World PvP is meant to be harsh and unfair.
A bounty system though would be cool. Put billboards in the capital cities and allow people to post a bounty on them for a fee. The person can place as big a bounty as his/her wallet will allow. Bounty hunters could stop by the billboards check the list and pick a target. As posted earlier, they show up on map so you can track them. if you kill them they drop an ear like the old Diablo game did. Turn the ear in and the gold is transferred to killers account and ear is sent to the poster with a tag stating the names of the previous owner and the person that collected the bounty.

Downside to all this, at least for the people already complaining about World PvP is that ganking would increase tremendously as people started ganking low levels with extreme prejudice, just to get a price on their head. lol

I like the idea of a bounty system, but not your "implementation" of it.
Let's face it, in order to encourage people to take your bounty, you'd need to fork up a LOT of gold.

Charge the people who put up bounties(get's more expensive with each new bounty), then reward the Bounty Hunters with Honor Points or something.
02/17/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Ovvns
I would advise everyone to start purchasing beer, fireworks etc to celebrate the death of PVP realms that is inevitable. No date on the celebration yet but it appears to be sooner than later!

Actually, if anything, the PVP realms will survive.
Invisibility potions.